Lang-Nelson Associates Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

1.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Frank Lang

1. "no one is perfect, but lang and nelson try. that has to amount to something."

Pros

I was encouraged to check the reviews for where I lived.

Cons

promises are not always kept and my rental rates go up

Advice to Management

knowing is half the battle and it is important to tell your residents what is going on so we don't find out about it from the rumor mill, because we will.

2. "unstable work enviroment"

I worked at Lang-Nelson Associates (More than a year)

Pros

its a job
    401k matching
    easy interview

Cons

- accepting leadership serves as a platform for blame.
    - supervising management doesn't write a plan for projects. projects become minefields.
    - workforce commonly stretched between two projects but same progress is expected meanwhile.
    -most departments have nepotism

Advice to Management

dictatorship is not a management style

3. "Horrible company"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Lang-Nelson Associates full-time

Pros

Interacting with the residents and building relationships with them as well as staff. Staying busy makes the day fly by. Pay is fairly decent.

Cons

Compensation is still below the industry standards, but the main issues are relating to senior management: They don't care about their employees and they look down on anyone who isn't in corporate management with them. Employees are not trained properly and if you ask any questions you are ridiculed, demeaned, and eventually replaced. They also are incapable of receiving any new ideas or suggestions- it's very evident that the time they've spent in their positions has gone to their heads. They think that they know everything and clearly consider themselves to be smarter than they actually are. The marketplace is vastly different than it was 25 years ago, and to remain competitive you must be flexible and open- minded- stagnation only brings failure.

Advice to Management

Get some humility. Google it, since you obviously have no idea what it means. And to the owner's son- why not get a career in the field you actually went to school for?? It's absolutely pathetic how you're hanging onto your daddy's coattails.

"Where did our manager go? Not an employee I live here."

Current Employee - Resident
    Current Employee - Resident

I have been working at Lang-Nelson Associates (More than 3 years)

Pros

Tamera was the best manager we ever had. She cared about all of us we now have a crabby, rude l person in the office who has no time for anyone

Cons

None we miss her what have you done lang nelson

Advice to Management

Keep your good managers. Tamera was here everyday greeted us and was working hard here. The place is a mess now no greetings and residents about to move. Where did the manager go? Can someone from management please explain?

6. "Overworked"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Anthony, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Anthony, MN

Pros

a paycheck. Once you finally get it

Cons

didnt get first pay check for about 2 months in. No full time, no benefits, short staffed. Rude nurses. Rude corporate office.

Advice to Management

Sell the company to interim. Lang Nelson does not know what they are in for with assisted living.

"Glorified housing specialist-Assist Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Hope, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Hope, MN

I worked at Lang-Nelson Associates (Less than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed building relationships with the residents.

Cons

a·bu·sive
    əˈbyo͞osiv,əˈbyo͞oziv/Submit
    adjective
    extremely offensive and insulting.
    "abusive language"
    synonyms: insulting, rude, vulgar, offensive, disparaging, belittling, derogatory, opprobrious, disrespectful, denigratory, uncomplimentary, censorious, pejorative, vituperative

"Worse place I've ever worked for"

Pros

None the reason I'm still the're is because I care about the residents and families.

Cons

Communication is terrible. They are nice one day then the next day they will eat you alive. Their training is non-existent. Rather than training properly, they fire people. You cannot have questions answered to do your job correctly without being seen as weak and have a target put on your back.

Advice to Management

Please take the time to train properly before driving people (fantastic people) away. Stop with the false promises to get someone hired in a pinch and then not follow through. You've lost some amazing, compassionate talented people.

"Not a company I'd want to live and work with"

Pros

The residents and their families.
    Learning a different career field.
    Actually making a difference.

Cons

Corporate Office, they want you to "reach up" and when you do, they aren't there for you.
    They will fire you for no reason and no warning what so ever.
    They lie to residents and expect employees to do non ethical things to rent the properties
    They don't care about rentention like they say they do.

Advice to Management

Trust your office people. And practice what you preach. If you truley believe that you have a team. Then work as a team. Listen to your residents and treat them as family. Negative information spreads faster than positive. And right now its all negative. If you really want to fill your property then treat your current residents with respect, Don't lie to them or give them false hope. Be honest. By not listenting to your residents and employees this is why your properties aren't at 100%. Stop changing management and keep people that actually care. Change doesn't happen over night. But thats what you expect. Have better training and when you say reach up, mean it.

"Worst company I have ever worked for"

I have been working at Lang-Nelson Associates full-time

Pros

Residents and families are nice to work with.

Cons

Corporate doesn't lead by example. They bully and threaten. They have unrealistic expectations. They make everything a million times harder then it needs to be. It is not normal to be buried in law suits and department of health reviews, inspections but they are constantly. They walk all over their employees with no appreciation. If you are given a small gift (gift card at $5.00) you have to pay taxes on it.

"Abusive Narcissists at the helm..."

I worked at Lang-Nelson Associates full-time

Pros

Tina in the front office. A great leader. A great trainer. Always available for questions. Always gets or has the answer.

Cons

Everything previously mentioned is absolute truth. (with the exception of the person that moved out of state... They're lucky) Micromanaged doesn't even begin to describe what happens. Sales team and management work their "straight eight" while the rest of us work 12 to 16 hours a day six days a week. Their expectations are ridiculous. They are cruel, ego-centric, and think they know it all in property management... Far from it. They tell their residents one thing and their managers another. They say their residents come first but truth be told... lining their pockets is. Unhealthy, toxic, abusive, dismissive, liars, smug, bullies, unlike anything I have ever seen in a work place. If you have a heart, if you genuinely care about people and their families look else where. If I hadn't had lived it I wouldn't have believed it. Turn over in staff is through the roof.

Advice to Management

Clean house now! Get the owner's son out of there... and his cronies.You have lost so many good, talented people that genuinely care.My advice to management: Be kind to people. Treat them with the respect and dignity they deserve. Appreciate them. And for God's sake get off your high horse.