Langan Engineering and Environmental Services Intern - Hourly Reviews | Glassdoor

Langan Engineering and Environmental Services Reviews

Updated Apr 5, 2020

4.1
Langan Engineering and Environmental Services President & CEO David T. Gockel
David T. Gockel
  1. "Langan"

Current Employee - Intern

I have been working at Langan Engineering and Environmental Services part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great company. I started as an intern and plan to begin my engineering career at this company. Langan employees make efforts to enhance the working experience and social interactions.

Cons

You will be awarded on ambition and production.

Langan Engineering and Environmental Services2020-04-06
  2. "Mental Turmoil"

Former Employee - Staff Engineer in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at Langan Engineering and Environmental Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Junior level staff bonds well.

Cons

Managers love to micromanage. At least my manager. Unpredictable work hours. Total sense of chaos. No team meetings or planning at all.

Langan Engineering and Environmental Services2020-03-10
  3. "Pretty good"

Former Employee - Staff Engineer in Houston, TX

I worked at Langan Engineering and Environmental Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Strong corporate structure for a generally local field

Cons

Lack of CAD drafters - inefficiency, lack of defined roles in small offices

Langan Engineering and Environmental Services2020-02-10
  4. "Huge fan!"

Current Employee - Manager in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at Langan Engineering and Environmental Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

In my opinion, it’s no wonder that we were voted one of the Top 10 Best Firms to Work For. I have had nothing but great experiences working here. I interface with many employee levels— from staff-level to senior-level leaders. I remain impressed with a culture that is focused on learning, our clients, our people, and being the best in the industry. I actually enjoy coming to work every day because I work with great of people and consider myself very lucky.

Cons

Nothing that would want to make me work elsewhere.

Langan Engineering and Environmental Services2020-01-24

Langan Engineering and Environmental Services Response

February 10, 2020Vice President, Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased you enjoy working at Langan! At Langan, we are dedicated to providing employees with an extraordinary work experience and realize the value of an engaged workforce. It’s important to us that employees are provided with opportunities for development and growth and that they find fulfillment in their careers. We continue to be recognized as a ‘Best Place to Work’ nationally and realize that the valuable contributions that our employees make every day is the reason we are a Best Firm.

5. "Langan Review"

Former Employee - Intern

I worked at Langan Engineering and Environmental Services part-time

Pros

Great work environment and company culture, very flexible with moving into different areas and learning new disciplines

Cons

Office was in Miami lakes that was a bit far

Langan Engineering and Environmental Services2020-01-23

"Fulfilling, but intense work"

Former Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Langan Engineering and Environmental Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Opportunities to be your best, and contribute in a fast paced environment on some of the world's most interesting projects. People are valued

Cons

Work-life balance can be tough, high demands on time commitment.

Langan Engineering and Environmental Services2020-01-10

"What a wonderful company to work for"

Current Employee - Staff Geologist in New York, NY

I have been working at Langan Engineering and Environmental Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Langan was the best career move I ever made. Everyone at the company is at the top of their game, but approachable and friendly. Langan has a wide range of training topics and make sure they are with you every step of thew way when you are learning the Langan way. I can not recommend applying to work for this company enough.

Cons

There are none to report!

Langan Engineering and Environmental Services2020-01-08
  8. "HR Department -Disappointing!!!"

I worked at Langan Engineering and Environmental Services full-time

Pros

Great coworkers who become friends.

Cons

The unrealistic work loads and expectations with all the manual processing in place. The manual entires allows you no time to use you abilities and skill sets that you can bring to the table. Favoritism has been seen with certain employees.

Langan Engineering and Environmental Services2020-02-06

Langan Engineering and Environmental Services Response

February 10, 2020Vice President, Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. Langan fosters an environment of innovation and advanced technology and understands the critical need to provide employees with a strong technology infrastructure. The firm takes many steps to ensure that our systems evolve and reflect the newest advancements in technology. Recently we made a significant investment in a state of the art ERP system designed to optimize workflow and bring greater synergies. Langan has a strong commitment to conducting our business with integrity and professionalism, and provides a work environment where employees are treated equally, feel supported, and have many opportunities for success. We are sorry that your perception of our culture differs from the one that we pride ourselves on.

Continue reading
  9. "Great company to work for!"

Former Employee - Coordinator

I worked at Langan Engineering and Environmental Services full-time

Pros

There is nothing bad to say about Langan. It is a great company that values their employees. They have good benefits, pay and bonuses. You have to work hard to get where you want to be, just as any other job, and if you slack off, they are going to notice and step in. The company puts in effort for their employees to have access to what they need to grow in their careers, such as professional license, education reimbursement, training sessions, etc. Management and relationships are very respectable and trusting, limited micromanaging as far as I have experienced. People that have written poor reviews on here brought bad experiences upon themselves, and weren't a fit for the company (which is hard not to be). If youre not doing your job, your manager is going to try to work with you to get it done (which people seem to think is over micromanaging). The company wants the best for their employees so dont let bad reviews turn you away from this place. HR has always been so helpful, and responds with extra effort to make sure that you receive the information and help that you need. If you want to grow within the company, put in the effort to show that you want to be there and that you do a great job, the results will follow. Extra plus that there are bagels and pastries provided on Fridays!

Cons

Systems are manual, but theyre in the process of updating into new systems.

Langan Engineering and Environmental Services2020-01-07
  10. "Site/Civil Engineering Intern"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Pros

CAD Training, real-life work opportunities, work events

Cons

No cons for Langan Engineering

Langan Engineering and Environmental Services2019-10-28