Langan Engineering and Environmental Services Employee Reviews about "great people"

Updated Jan 10, 2021

Found 15 of over 353 reviews

4.3
Langan Engineering and Environmental Services President & CEO David T. Gockel
David T. Gockel
Pros
  • "Comfortable work environment with friendly employees who are very helpful with learning everything(in 26 reviews)

• "Really great work environment and great people(in 15 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work-life balance can be tough, high demands on time commitment(in 34 reviews)

• "Long hours, tough work-life balance(in 21 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Langan Engineering and Environmental Services and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "great people"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

Senior Project Engineer

Jul 27, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Elmwood Park, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, with emphasis on innovation, lifelong learning, great pay and bonuses.

Cons

With a reputation as a high end engineering firm some developers have unreasonable expectations.

2. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great company if you have a good team/manager

Jan 10, 2021 - Staff Engineer I in Parsippany, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company culture is great, people genuinely do love what they do and are willing to help you, many opportunities to learn and good benefits.

Cons

If you end up in a workaholic team, you won't have the best time working or getting close to your team mates. There is no work life balance. People working late past midnight and working up and early too often.

Langan Engineering and Environmental Services Response

Corporate Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your review and recognition of Langan’s culture consisting of passionate and collaborative individuals. We value your feedback, and are sorry to hear of your experience regarding work life balance. We realize that the professional services field can yield ebbs and flows based on client needs, however overall, employees should experience balance in their work and life activities. We encourage employees to provide feedback and value when they do. This enables us to optimize our resources offered to promote effective workload management and desired work-life balance. Thank you for your contributions to Langan, and we wish you the best in your current endeavors.

3. 4.0
      Former Intern, less than 1 year

Intern

Oct 20, 2019 - Civil Engineering
      Business Outlook

Pros

Really great work environment and great people. Lot's of lunch and learns.

Cons

As an intern, there was no real cons

4. 5.0
      Former Employee

Enjoying Engineering

Jun 21, 2008 - Staff Engineer in Elmwood Park, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company and great people. Growing fast. Langan Engineering and Environmental Services is located in several states in the United States and I see that trend growing. I would not discount going internationally as well. If you are a strong performer and hard worker senior management will take care of you. It is nice to work on all kinds of projects from retail to hotel to dams to tunnels. Community service is also a big thing at Langan as we take part in habitat for humanity and in charity walks and runs. Overall it is a good place to work at.

Cons

Like any company it depends on the group that you are working in. If you have a good PM you should be set up for a great experience. Downsides of working for Langan are that the hours can be tough depending on your PM. If he or she over commits on the projects that can be done it will be a toll on his staff. Since the company is growing so fast there might be a tendency for people to disappear within their own little group where Principals are essentially running their own company. Some times you find people in leaderhsip positions that can manage well but can't really lead.

5. 4.0

Life at Langan

Sep 24, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment, great people to work with and learn from.

Cons

Too many levels, can be slow career progression.

2 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Coudln't Imagine Working Anywhere Else!

Mar 31, 2015 - Senior Project Manager in Elmwood Park, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Langan is a great company to work for. They treat their employees well, offering salaries that are competative with other similar firms, opportunities for bonuses, challenging projects, and the necessary resources to get the job done and done well! I have been at Langan for over 15 years and have advanced my career through these years. The work environment is good with lots of great people that are not only great at what they do but are people that I can call my friends! Langan creates a family environment offering opportunties to attend baseball games, holiday parties, themed lunches, etc. They have started to offer more flexible/mobile work opportunities with the introduction of laptops and use of VPNs so that you can connect to the network remotely.

Cons

Work life balance has in the past has been challenging but it is defintely getting better with the introduction of more fexible/mobile work opportunties! They also need to offer more project managment training.

7. 5.0

Senior Staff Engineer

Sep 30, 2016 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people! The people you work with is very dependent on your particular group and location but as a general rule, Langan hires very competent and driven people who know what they are doing. Room for growth and the support system / environment to actually grow. Professional development is valued and encouraged and by working around very talented people you have lots of room to grow your skills.

Cons

The supreme power of the almighty billable hour has a tendency to dominate and trump everything else. Langan tends to be very profitable (which is a good thing for it's employees) but the expectation to stay highly billable can be damaging to moral, staff turnover and professional development.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Intern and Full Time Experience

Aug 3, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Langan has transformed me into the polished, professional I am today. I started out as an intern where I was always treated with respect. I was later welcomed into the company as a full-time staff member where I felt truly valued. Every Langan staff member I have met is approachable and friendly. Langan has a great culture and has great people.

Cons

My experience at Langan has been positive.

Langan Engineering and Environmental Services Response

Corporate Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time and effort to provide your feedback.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Staff Engineer 2

Feb 23, 2018 - Staff Engineer in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, great benefits, interesting projects, lots of opportunity for professional development.

Cons

Sometimes the hours can be tough. Can also be a lot of pressure to get things done quickly (mostly a good thing, but sometimes overwhelming).

10. 4.0
      Former Intern, less than 1 year

Internship Review

Sep 12, 2013 - Site/Civil Intern in Elmwood Park, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Really great people to work with. They trusted me with a lot of responsibility and were very receptive to any questions I had. Overall a great experience.

Cons

Timesheet submittals were a bit of a pain, but that is the nature of the industry. It's all about being "billable", which would be one of the drawbacks. Stressing over being "billable" and it's tremendous impact on your evaluation was one of the aspects which I liked least. However, this is how they make money.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 15 Reviews