Langan Engineering and Environmental Services "great people" Reviews | Glassdoor

Langan Engineering and Environmental Services Employee Reviews about "great people"

Updated Oct 20, 2019

4.4
Langan Engineering and Environmental Services CEO David T. Gockel
David T. Gockel
Pros
  • "Company culture is putting employees' well-being first and I think that creates a very healthy work environment(in 24 reviews)

• "Really great work environment and great people(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work life balance can suffer greatly with 50-hour(in 27 reviews)

• "Long hours and raises/promotions are not merit based(in 18 reviews)

Reviews about "great people"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Senior Project Engineer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elmwood Park, NJ

I have been working at Langan Engineering and Environmental Services full-time

Pros

Great people, with emphasis on innovation, lifelong learning, great pay and bonuses.

Cons

With a reputation as a high end engineering firm some developers have unreasonable expectations.

Langan Engineering and Environmental Services2018-07-27
  2. "Intern"

Former Intern - Civil Engineering

I worked at Langan Engineering and Environmental Services for less than a year

Pros

Really great work environment and great people. Lot's of lunch and learns.

Cons

As an intern, there was no real cons

Langan Engineering and Environmental Services2019-10-21
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

"Life at Langan"

I have been working at Langan Engineering and Environmental Services full-time

Pros

Great work environment, great people to work with and learn from.

Cons

Too many levels, can be slow career progression.

Langan Engineering and Environmental Services2018-09-25
  5. "Staff Engineer 2"

Current Employee - Staff Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Langan Engineering and Environmental Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people, great benefits, interesting projects, lots of opportunity for professional development.

Cons

Sometimes the hours can be tough. Can also be a lot of pressure to get things done quickly (mostly a good thing, but sometimes overwhelming).

Langan Engineering and Environmental Services2018-02-24
  6. "Intern and Full Time Experience"

I have been working at Langan Engineering and Environmental Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Langan has transformed me into the polished, professional I am today. I started out as an intern where I was always treated with respect. I was later welcomed into the company as a full-time staff member where I felt truly valued. Every Langan staff member I have met is approachable and friendly. Langan has a great culture and has great people.

Cons

My experience at Langan has been positive.

Langan Engineering and Environmental Services2017-08-03

Langan Engineering and Environmental Services Response

July 6, 2018Corporate Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time and effort to provide your feedback.

Continue reading
  7. "Great Place to Intern!"

Intern

I worked at Langan Engineering and Environmental Services for less than a year

Pros

Great atmosphere in the NYC office. Due to the amount of new jobs, most of the office were made up of younger folks with older engineers to guide them. Great people to work with

Cons

Low pay in comparison to other firms

Langan Engineering and Environmental Services2017-01-28
  8. "Project manager"

Senior Project Manager in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at Langan Engineering and Environmental Services

Pros

Great people, great projects, great reputation

Cons

Pressure to produce at times when deadlines are too tight

Langan Engineering and Environmental Services2016-12-15
  9. "Senior Staff Engineer"

I have been working at Langan Engineering and Environmental Services

Pros

Great people! The people you work with is very dependent on your particular group and location but as a general rule, Langan hires very competent and driven people who know what they are doing. Room for growth and the support system / environment to actually grow. Professional development is valued and encouraged and by working around very talented people you have lots of room to grow your skills.

Cons

The supreme power of the almighty billable hour has a tendency to dominate and trump everything else. Langan tends to be very profitable (which is a good thing for it's employees) but the expectation to stay highly billable can be damaging to moral, staff turnover and professional development.

Langan Engineering and Environmental Services2016-09-30
  10. "intern"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in Elmwood Park, NJ

I have been working at Langan Engineering and Environmental Services

Pros

Very cool projects Training seminars constantly offered Good pay Great people to work with Everyone will answer any question you have

Cons

Long hours Sometimes are given "busy" work but that's life of an intern Office a little out dated

Langan Engineering and Environmental Services2015-08-11

Langan Engineering and Environmental Services Response

August 27, 2015HR Manager

Thank you for being a part of our Summer 2015 internship program! It is fantastic to hear that Langan's internship program is being recognized for very cool projects, extensive training, good pay and especially for our great people! Wishing you, and all the summer interns, the very best as you return to school.

Continue reading
  11. "Coudln't Imagine Working Anywhere Else!"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Elmwood Park, NJ

I have been working at Langan Engineering and Environmental Services full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Langan is a great company to work for. They treat their employees well, offering salaries that are competative with other similar firms, opportunities for bonuses, challenging projects, and the necessary resources to get the job done and done well! I have been at Langan for over 15 years and have advanced my career through these years. The work environment is good with lots of great people that are not only great at what they do but are people that I can call my friends! Langan creates a family environment offering opportunties to attend baseball games, holiday parties, themed lunches, etc. They have started to offer more flexible/mobile work opportunities with the introduction of laptops and use of VPNs so that you can connect to the network remotely.

Cons

Work life balance has in the past has been challenging but it is defintely getting better with the introduction of more fexible/mobile work opportunties! They also need to offer more project managment training.

Langan Engineering and Environmental Services2015-03-31