Langan Engineering and Environmental Services Employee Reviews about "long hours"

Updated Jan 20, 2021

4.3
Langan Engineering and Environmental Services President & CEO David T. Gockel
David T. Gockel
Pros
  • "Comfortable work environment with friendly employees who are very helpful with learning everything(in 26 reviews)

• "Really great work environment and great people(in 15 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work-life balance can be tough, high demands on time commitment(in 34 reviews)

• "Long hours, tough work-life balance(in 21 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Langan Engineering and Environmental Services and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "long hours"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

You get what you put in

Nov 13, 2020 - Staff Engineer in Bethlehem, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Limitless opportunities for project diversity and exposure. Like anything in life, you get out of it what you put in.

Cons

Long hours and demanding projects that can be equal parts stressful and rewarding.

Langan Engineering and Environmental Services Response

Corporate Talent Acquisition Manager

Langan appreciates your feedback! We recognize that providing our employees with opportunities to work on diverse and challenging projects enables career growth and engagement. Our employees’ commitment to our clients and to technical excellence are driving forces of our high-performance culture. We understand that the pace of the professional services industry can at times be challenging; Langan offers flexible work programs and resources that empower our employees to focus on wellbeing in their personal lives, and in turn flourish at work. We are happy to know you are enjoying a rewarding career with Langan, and we thank you for your contributions to Langan’s success!

2. 4.0

Great Intern Experience at Langan

Jan 20, 2021 - Intern in Doylestown, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay, great mentorship from senior staff members, great opportunity to get experience doing environmental field work

Cons

Very long hours, interns are required to be billable to clients

3. 5.0

Staff engineer 2

Jun 29, 2020 - Staff Engineer II in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good projects, good managers, opportunity to learn

Cons

Long hours, tough work-life balance

1 person found this review helpful

Langan Engineering and Environmental Services Response

Corporate Human Resource Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you have benefitted from the many employee training and development opportunities we provide. Our strong commitment to client satisfaction and responsiveness, coupled with our focus on transferring knowledge internally, are what contribute to making Langan one of the best firms in the industry. Our employees are passionate about the work they do and the project teams they support, and we aim to provide a culture where employees are offered opportunities and growth. We realize that this passion – coupled with the expectation of client responsiveness –can at times, result in a longer than usual workday. We value the importance of cultivating a work environment in which employees have the ability to take time for themselves, recharge, and bring their best selves to work. Our robust time off programs, in addition to work from home arrangements and flexible work options, are designed to provide opportunities for a healthy work-life balance. Thank you for your feedback, as it helps us to identify where we can enhance the employee experience.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

So far so good!

Aug 5, 2019 - Staff Engineer Level I in Fort Lauderdale, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people are friendly, benefits are great, company values safety, and there's always opportunities to grow and keep learning.

Cons

Everyone works long hours but there is overtime pay/ comp time

5. 5.0
      Current Intern, less than 1 year

Fantastic place to work

Aug 1, 2019 - Site/Civil Intern
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company culture is amazing - they want you to have a work-life balance. Lots of opportunities for professional and personal development (ex Lunch and Learns, where they even buy lunch for us sometimes! They also have a ton of training to help employees brush up on skills, like AutoCAD). The projects are really interesting and Langan has a portfolio of big projects which is exciting to be part of.

Cons

Even though there is a heavy emphasis on work-life balance, you are expected to work long hours sometimes. Even on a normal week most employees put about 45 hours in, and with deadlines pressing you can hit way higher numbers.

6. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Langan

Nov 3, 2018 - Senior Staff Scientist in Parsippany, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

A good employee benefits package.

Cons

No work life balance. Long hours and raises/promotions are not merit based. Social events are only meant to keep you there longer. Everything is about the Langan “brand”.

6 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0

Great Company- Up and Coming

Sep 8, 2016 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

They just moved into a beautiful new office with lots of room to expand. Langan is involved with numerous exciting projects. They also give you the flexibility to work at any other Langan location

Cons

Long hours and you'll have to be patient if you want to move up the ranks.

1 person found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

A Good Experience for the Right Type of Individual

Mar 14, 2013 - Senior Project Manager in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunity to work on great projects with high visibility, support from a world-class marketing mindset, ability to learn great soft skills, technical excellence

Cons

Not for everyone - some lower level staff work long hours and may be isolated from the bigger picture until they get more experience.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Current Employee

Jun 30, 2016 - Senior Staff Engineer in Canonsburg, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits and opportunity for growth

Cons

Client responsiveness sometimes means long hours. You are compensated for your OT though

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great Company With Great Leadership

Mar 10, 2013 - Senior Project Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Langan has some of the best civil, geotechnical, and environmental engineers in the country. The leaders of the firm are not only great engineers, but they are also great leaders and mentors. At Langan you will have the opportunity to work on challenging engineering projects that will impact the world. Langan is a fast-growing company with many opportunities for employees who want to take control of their careers.

Cons

One of Langan's core values is client responsiveness. This value sometimes results in working long hours to meet a client's construction schedule. At times I have worked 60 to 70 hour weeks to help get a project completed. That being said these long hours have never gone unrecognized. Langan works as a team to get these projects out the door so even though the hours are long, it feels good to work with your peers to accomplish a common goal.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 21 English Reviews