Cover image for Langley Federal Credit Union

Finance

12d

a

Commercial Customer Service Representative

What’s the best way to have a lack of compensation and incentive conversation in your department? I went above and beyond for years doing extra work, organizations etc and nothing has been reflected in pay. I thought my 5 year was going to finally show something but it did not. I’ve inquired about pay but it’s gotten nowhere.

7 Comments

Finance

110.8K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Langley Federal Credit Union~255432
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Langley Federal Credit Union and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years
    Featured Review

Best Place I've Ever Worked

Apr 25, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are outstanding, including 401k match, birthday off, lots of vacation, sick, and holiday time. Focus is on the employees and members.

Cons

We work hard to meet our success sharing goals.

Langley Federal Credit Union Response

Thank you for your dedication to Langley! We appreciate all you do to help our members every day! We appreciate your kind words as well. We do work hard and realize our teams need time off to recharge. We are proud of the benefits we offer and love to help employees save for their retirement. Thank you for sharing your feedback, we appreciate it.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Best Place I have ever worked

Nov 14, 2022 - Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Langley has great benefits for all employees.

Cons

There are no cons that I can think of.

3. Join the Langley Federal Credit Union team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0
    Former Employee

Underpaid

Oct 28, 2022 - Financial Service Representative in Norfolk, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits Good company Good resume builder and opportunity to learn. Opportunity for growth within company

Cons

I truly believe they do not pay enough.

5. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Organizational Dysfunction

Oct 29, 2022 - Software Developer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Extremely intelligent coworkers, great direct manager, good work-life balance

Cons

Senior management does not listen to or care about feedback from employees. Projects are rushed and released into production without testing, even when warned that code is expected to break. They take a lot of negligent risks with their production systems. Expect to receive at a minimum of 5 production system outage notifications per week. The proper resources, tools, and equipment are not made available to software devs. Several toxic people in management. Extreme "blame culture" on the admin/infrastructure side of the house, more time is spent arguing about roles & responsibility than actually doing work. The IT organization is entirely unable to properly establish and follow expected roles and responsibilities for employees - if you are a software dev expect to be doing production support, infrastructure design, server administration, requirements gathering, QA, test case design, security, and everything else with little-to-no support from IT. Also, expect to be trying to figure out how to accomplish all of this without admin access to anything including your own development system. VP level mgmt mislead me regarding pay increases & promotion in attempt retain my employment. I was told to expect comparable pay to an offer that I had received from another company, and then the new pay was $20,000 a year less than the external offer that I had. I was also told to expect a new position with certain roles and responsibilities, but those responsibilities were given to an external hire that knew someone in senior management. The pay & benefits are subpar compared to most companies hiring software devs.

6. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Okay

Oct 26, 2022 - Loan Servicing Manager in Newport News, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great medical benefits, nice people to work for, upper management has extreme unrealistic views.

Cons

Once you get in management doesn't seem you have anyone on your side to support you. It's about who you know to advance

7. 3.0
    Current Employee

Okay place to work

Sep 23, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent pay Flexible work program

Cons

Upper management does not care about their employees No room for growth

Langley Federal Credit Union Response

Thank you for your feedback about working at Langley. We are glad to hear that you have the flexibility in your work and that the pay is decent. Management always talks about employees and people issues first in its weekly meetings and we are making significant advancements in our benefit offerings because we do care about our people. We are proud of our success sharing program which allows us to share common goals throughout the credit union. We are saddened to hear that you do not feel cared for and have not experienced room for growth. We want to support your in your career and development. We recommend having a conversation with your supervisor to develop a plan together. Thank you for all of your contributions and helping improve our members lives.

8. 3.0
    Former Employee

Good place to work

Sep 16, 2022 - Financial Service Representative (FSR) in Newport News, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

lots of chances to move up

Cons

not much communications between departments

Langley Federal Credit Union Response

Thank you for your feedback about working at Langley. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We are excited to hear about the possibilities you found in moving up in our organization. That is very important to us at Langley. We want to be the best place you ever work and part of that goal means helping you achieve your career goals. We appreciate you sharing your concerns about the communication between departments. We know that we are better together and are disappointed to hear that the collaboration between departments was not your experience. Thank you for all you have done to help our members and we wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

9. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Culture Etc Changed

Sep 14, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

They offer decent benefits still.

Cons

Culture and quality of care has changed. I see them reverting to previous ways which were not favored by most.

Langley Federal Credit Union Response

Thank you for sharing your feedback and experience at Langley. We are saddened to hear that you feel the culture and quality of care have changed as that is not our intention. As a current employee, we hope that you feel you can speak to your supervisor about changes or insight into how we can make it better. Our annual engagement survey coming up is one way we can measure how we are doing-we hope you will participate. You do matter at Langley, and we encourage you to share your thoughts on how to make Langley the best place you have ever worked. We are always open to suggestions and have the Ask the Senior Team portal is one way you can share ideas. Thank you for all your contributions at Langley.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Wonderful company

Aug 12, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Family oriented, great team dynamic and people really care for one another.

Cons

We just go too fast sometimes.

Langley Federal Credit Union Response

Thank you so much for the FIVE stars! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at Langley and your dedication. We love the highlights you mentioned as a family and team driven organization where we do care about one another. Yes, you are right, we like to innovate and deliver value for our members and sometimes, that may seem fast. We appreciate your advice for management, be sure you are also sharing this with your leaders. Many of our best ideas come from our team members who are working so hard for our members. Thank you for all you do at Langley!

11. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

It’s a good start but it could be better.

Aug 12, 2022 - Teller
    Business Outlook

Pros

The perks and benefits are great.

Cons

Seems like they only care about the numbers and disguise it as caring for the members. From what I learned this is based on the branch you work at. On a personal level I care for the members but I am not a salesperson.

Langley Federal Credit Union Response

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your experience at Langley. We are quite proud of our perks and benefits for our members and our employees! Our employees can take advantage of several discounts and programs designed to help them meet their financial and career goals. Thank you for sharing your perspective on what you experienced, we do care about our members. Our vision to improve their lives by helping them save, borrow, and spend wisely is our focus. We are saddened to hear that you felt it was a disguise. Thanks for all you did for them while you were here, and we wish you the best in all your future endeavors!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 108 Reviews
</>Embed

Langley Federal Credit Union Reviews FAQs

Langley Federal Credit Union has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 109 reviews left anonymously by employees. 69% of employees would recommend working at Langley Federal Credit Union to a friend and 51% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Langley Federal Credit Union employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Langley Federal Credit Union. This rating has improved by 11% over the last 12 months.

69% of Langley Federal Credit Union employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Langley Federal Credit Union 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Langley Federal Credit Union to be career development, coworkers, benefits and the cons to be culture, senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with Langley Federal Credit Union Job Seekers