KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 81 of over 82 reviews

3.2
Langley Federal Credit Union President/CEO Thomas Ryan
Thomas Ryan
Pros
  • "Great benefits and people to work with(in 9 reviews)

• "Decent starting salary, good benefits although health insurance was very expensive, Sundays off as they closed(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Upper management is tone deaf and overbearing, fear driven environment(in 4 reviews)

• "The bank is full of clicks, if senior management likes you there is nothing you can ever do wrong and the glass ceiling is broken for you(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Finance

1. 5.0

Great place to work

May 24, 2021 - Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flat management, IT department has a great team

Cons

Salary and benefits not competitive

Talent Partner

Thank you so much for your review of Langley! We are delighted to hear that you would recommend working at Langley and appreciate the IT department. We are fortunate to have a great team and IT has really shown up in big ways especially over this last year. We appreciate your contributions while you were at Langley and we wish you all the best in the future!

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Financial Service Representative

Sep 15, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Support education and take care of their employees.

Cons

Limited growth if you're not near their corporate offices.

3. 3.0

Abd

Sep 7, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Easy work and early pay

Cons

No help from management’ , long Saturday hour, no work life balance

Talent Partner

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and your review of Langley. We are glad to hear that you found the job easy to do and enjoyed being paid early! We love that we can provide that to our employees. We are saddened to read that you did not feel there was a good work/life balance for you. We wish you all the best in the future and thank you for your contributions to Langley!

4. 1.0

Aug 27, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fringe benefits, paid and floating holidays.

Cons

Office politics, overwhelming pressure from executives, burn out.

Talent Partner

Thank you for your review of Langley. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. We are very proud of the generous benefits we offer our employees as well as taking time off to rest. We are disappointed to read that your experience was not positive. Thank you for your contributions while you were at Langley and we wish you all the best in the future!

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good company

Jul 15, 2021 - Bank Teller in Poquoson, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunities to move up, good benefits

Cons

Understaffed, but everyone is these days

Talent Partner

Thank you for your positive feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to share your opinion. We are happy to hear that there are opportunities to move up as that is very important to us at Langley. Thank you for your contributions to Langley! We appreciate you.

6. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Ok for entry level

Jul 22, 2021 - Financial Services Representative in Virginia Beach, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Holidays, student loan repayment, and tuition reimbursement were great perks.

Cons

This is 100% a sales job. The financial service reps are required to fill out sheets for every member even for the most basic transactions. You were to ask questions such as “how many children do you have”. It was a double sided sheet meant to sell products to people that don’t need them. They tell you that you will get every 3rd Saturday off, but I was forced to work 7 Saturdays in a row.

Talent Partner

Thank you for your review of Langley. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our perks like student loan and education assistance, we are very proud to offer those programs assistance to help our employees. We love to see our vision come to life as we help members save, borrow, and spend wisely. Thank you for your contributions while you were at Langley. We wish you all the best in the future!

7. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Honest Review

Jun 25, 2021 - Branch Staff
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits such as: New grandparent time off, vast number of vacation days (three weeks a year), educational assistance, gym reimbursement, etc. The list is really long. Upper management does genuinely care about you, I just think they are not aware of what all goes on at the branch level. Tom Ryan is a great CEO.

Cons

Zero work-life balance, branch management is unprofessional and immature at times. Not enough staffing at several branch locations. They give you a 45 minute lunch break to help prevent overtime because the can’t afford anyone to leave the branch early due to staffing. They try to sugar coat this by making it sound so “exciting” you get to take a 45 min lunch instead of a 30. You will average 2.5 to 3.5 hours of overtime a week depending on the branch which equals about 14 extra hours a week you could be spending with your family. FYI if you do leave they do an exit interview to ask for your feedback. Even if you had to leave for other circumstances and not because of your view of the company, do not provide critical feedback or advice. They do not view it as your wanting to better the institution. It’s viewed as a personal attack and will hurt you if your ever tried to return.

Talent Partner

Thank you for your feedback and sharing your experience at Langley. We are happy to hear that you loved the benefits that we have to offer. Using vacation time to spend time with a new grandbaby sounds like a great use of it. It is exciting to hear that you felt cared for by our upper management. That is important to us! We value your feedback and we are disappointed to hear that you did not feel supported by your managers. We wish you all the best in the future and appreciate your contributions while you were at Langley!

8. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Benefits, Under Paid

May 20, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Newport News, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are phenomenal, best in the area. Plenty of professional development opportunities for those who know where to look. Senior Management has good vision for growth.

Cons

Staff are under paid and over worked. Very little work/life balance.

1 person found this review helpful

Talent Partner

Thank you for your review of Langley! We are so happy to hear that you love the benefits we can offer our employees. We definitely take pride in finding the right mix for our team. We are also thrilled to hear that you are aware of the opportunities available for professional growth. We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with candid feedback about your experience at Langley. We wish you success in all your future endeavors and thank you for your contributions while you were with us.

9. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

I hope it has gotten better

Jun 3, 2021 - Collector
      Business Outlook

Pros

Not being a front line associate

Cons

Morale, poor leadership, strict metrics

Talent Partner

Thank you for your review of Langley! Our Collections team has such an important role in helping find solutions for our members and could be seen as an extension of our front line. We are disappointed that you feel you did not experience a high morale or good leadership. We appreciate your contributions and hope you find much success in the future.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great place to work

May 19, 2021 - Senior Teller in Poquoson, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

best place i've ever worked at

Cons

Sometimes have to work 2-3 Saturdays in a row.

Talent Partner

Thank you for your review of Langley! We are happy to hear that it is the best place you have ever worked. We appreciate you working on Saturdays to help take care of our members who are unable to get to the branch during the week. I know they appreciate us being open as well. Thank you for all your contributions to Langley!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 81 Reviews