Langley Federal Credit Union Reviews

Updated Sep 8, 2020

3.5
Langley Federal Credit Union President/CEO Thomas Ryan
Thomas Ryan
Pros
  • "Great benefits and people to work with(in 9 reviews)

• "Decent starting salary, good benefits although health insurance was very expensive, Sundays off as they closed(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "Knee Jerk decisions by upper management any given hour)(in 4 reviews)

• "The bank is full of clicks, if senior management likes you there is nothing you can ever do wrong and the glass ceiling is broken for you(in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"High Expectations, Well Paid, Opportunity"

Current Employee - Management

I have been working at Langley Federal Credit Union full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great benefits - paid time off, sick time, holidays, 401k match, education assistance for any type of education, paternity and maturity leave, volunteer opportunities, so much more! Job advancement and growth - as long as you do your best and continue to show competency in your role, opportunities to grow are available in many departments and projects. We work for our members - offering products and services that enhance their financial well being - employee perks are rate reduction on loans, too! Langley truly wants staff to succeed, as long as it is a two way street. Making sure to be a full contributor in your role will most likely allow you many opportunities for your future within or outside of Langley.

Cons

Employees expect to move up within organization without putting in the work needed to prove they are competent in their current role. Ability to take action for employees that need reprimanding, or more, takes months to complete. Causes morale slumps. Making adjustments in common goals for Langley at inopportune times.

Talent Partner

Thanks so much for your review and feedback of Langley! We are very proud of our commitment to our employees through our generous benefits’ and leave packages, or on-going development and training available. We encourage all employees to collaborate with their managers to set and meet measurable goals; it is so important. We strive to be the best place our employees will ever work. Our culture is modeled after the Langley Experience: Be Kind, People Come First, Do The Right Thing, Innovate, Make it Easy and Deliver Value, and Together, We Make a Difference. We appreciate you being a part of our team. #LangleyProud.

2. "Great Company, Okay Department"

Former Employee - Contact Center Representative in Newport News, VA

I worked at Langley Federal Credit Union part-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits, Company Culture, Advancement opportunities,

Cons

Inconsistent management in the contact center. Rules and expectations change frequently and aren't communicated to team members. There is some favoritism.

Talent Partner

Thank you so much for your candid review and feedback of Langley. We appreciate your contributions while you were working with us and in sharing your thoughts about what we are doing right and what we can look at to do better. We are proud of our culture, and strive to live out the Langley Experience in all of our interactions with members and employees: Be Kind, People Come First, Do the Right Thing, Innovate, Make it Easy and Deliver Value, and Together, We Make a Difference. We wish you all the best in the future! Thank you for being part of the team.

3. "Teller"

2.0
    Former Employee - Teller in Chesapeake, VA

I worked at Langley Federal Credit Union part-time for more than a year

Pros

Built great relationships with members.

Cons

Management clearly shows favoritism. Not much room for growth.

4. "Review"

Former Employee - Financial Services Representative

I worked at Langley Federal Credit Union full-time

Pros

very good 401k match at 7%

Cons

conflicting direction from management, hostile customers

5. "Friendly environment."

Current Employee - Senior Financial Services Representative in Newport News, VA

I have been working at Langley Federal Credit Union full-time

Pros

Competitive benefits. Competitive salary as well.

Cons

Limited opportunities for advancement. Heavily sales based.

Talent Partner

Thank you for your review of Langley. We are happy to hear that you find it to be a friendly environment with competitive salaries. Our vision to “Improve members’ lives by helping them save, borrow, and spend wisely” does require finding solutions to meet member needs. We work to constantly find opportunities for employee growth and development. Your manager is always the first resource to help you find ways to help you develop your career. Our new Langley U also has several learning opportunities employees can engage in and complete at their own pace. Thank you, once again for your contributions to Langley, we value your opinion.

6. "Indifferent"

2.0
    Current Employee - Lending

I have been working at Langley Federal Credit Union full-time

Pros

Great benefits and people to work with

Cons

Upper management is tone deaf and overbearing, fear driven environment

Talent Partner

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear you enjoy the benefit package offered. We are proud to be able to offer these plans to Langley employees. Our employees are essential to Langley’s success, so we are happy you enjoy working with them. We are disappointed to hear that you do not feel supported by our upper management; we want everyone to feel supported and connected to the Langley vision. Thank you for your contributions to Langley, your opinion matters.

7. "Sales & Goals!"

1.0
    Former Employee - FSR1 in Hampton, VA

I worked at Langley Federal Credit Union part-time for more than a year

Pros

Eh.. catered lunch every now and again.

Cons

Literally every single thing else.

Talent Partner

Thank you for taking your time to provide feedback. We are always looking to find out how our employees are feeling at Langley. We strive to keep our focus on improving our members’ lives, and we celebrate the ways we help them. We encourage our staff to use a needs-based approach with our members to provide the right products and services that we offer at Langley. We wish you the best in your future, and thank you for your contributions while you were with Langley.

8. "A place where careers are made!"

Current Employee - Management in Newport News, VA

I have been working at Langley Federal Credit Union full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Many employees join Langley as young adults and in turn find a career. Throughout the credit union, you’ll find examples of people who started as a teller and built a career. We love our members and are committed to improving their lives.

Cons

We work hard, there is no doubt about that.

Talent Partner

Thank you for your review of Langley, and for your contribution to Team Langley! There are many examples of development at Langley, and we are super proud of that. Last year, we had over 60 + internal promotions. Our vision to “Improve members’ lives by helping them save, borrow, and spend wisely” helps us to remain focused with every interaction. As part of our development opportunities, last year we introduced Langley U. This experience allowed employees to choose topics that met their specific needs and interest. Some of the breakout sessions included: stress management, finances, and manager and career development.

9. "Great Culture"

I have been working at Langley Federal Credit Union full-time

Pros

Langley provides open communication with staff, great PTO benefits and Senior management is involved at a departmental level.

Cons

There are no cons.

"Antiquated Policies"

1.0

I worked at Langley Federal Credit Union full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Decent wage, most holidays off

Cons

Antiquated HR policies, arrogant CEO, no training provided

Found 63 reviews