LanguageLine Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
LanguageLine Solutions President & CEO Scott W. Klein
Scott W. Klein

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work from home; excellent training; retirement plan; rewarding: I worked with people from different cultures (in 246 reviews)

• get to work from home - no commute, pays on time (in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay considering skills required to perform well (in 55 reviews)

• No benefits for part time employees (in 54 reviews)

1. "Telephone interpreter"

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions part-time

Pros

Good paid training program and support materials; flexible schedules and plenty of o/t; attractive incentives to work on weekends.

Cons

It can get repetitive and boring

2. "Smart people"

Current Employee - Manager in Monterey, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Monterey, CA

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-caliber of people is really high. very smart colleagues.
    -good cause. Feels like we're doing good in the world.
    -rate company for the area. Monterey is not known for being home to global leaders in their industry. Getting in the door feels like a pretty rare opportunity here.

Cons

-nothing too pressing. the mandatory work furlough over the holidays - not mentioned at hiring - was not a welcome surprise.

Advice to Management

-be more generous than you need to be and retain top talent.
    -otherwise excited to come to work. It's challenging in a good way.

"Have not received paycheck"

Current Employee - Interpreter in El Paso, TX
    Current Employee - Interpreter in El Paso, TX

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions full-time

Pros

It's an easy job, just interpreting from Spanish to English and vice versa, I work on site.

Cons

I have been there for a month, on my third pay period and have not received one paycheck. The story is that it was lost in the mail. There are about 15 other people who have had the same trouble. Apparently this is common, other colleagues that have been with Language Line Solutions have stated it took forever to receive their first two paychecks.

Advice to Management

Review and fix your payroll department asap, we don't work for free!! Might have to file with my state's workforce commission!

"Great remote employment opportunity when you have another household income"

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions full-time

Pros

Work from home, exposure to technology, advanced training, equipment provided by the company

Cons

Lack of flexibility, (at least breaks and lunch times could be used to adjust for going to bathroom when needed, not when scheduled.

Advice to Management

This is a nice opportunity to earn some extra money, but the pay isn't so great to allow an interpreter to do just that for living and meeting all financial obligations. This could be taken into consideration and flexible schedules shall be offered at least for those who have other duties, such as kids who need to be picked up from school on time. Also, as an interpreter, you will be basically stuck in front of your computer for hours, because the calls come in silently with no warning, which is not disclosed at the time of hiring, and if you have had an experience with other language companies, you expect that you will be able to at least able to walk around your house, in proximity of the computer so you can pick up the phone on time. I have scheduled over 300 people with flex schedules at my former job, and I know it's possible.

5. "Technology Driven Company"

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions full-time

Pros

-Serves an important mission (supports police, medical, financial, and 911 customers)
    -Latest Cloud-based Technologies being used for quality Voice and Video Interpretation
    -Real-time Reports and Automation are changing the way we work internally and the way people will use language services in the future
    -Team tools and collaboration allow high tech workers to work from anywhere

Cons

-Housing can be expensive on the Monterey Peninsula

Advice to Management

We love the employee recognition activities. It seems we are having a picnic, bbq, or some fun team building event (office olympics, mechanical bull riding, etc) every month.

Nov 2, 2017 – President and CEO

Thank you for your feedback. It’s extremely gratifying to know that you are having a positive experience at LanguageLine. Our goal is for this to be the high point of your professional career. We... More

6. "Amazing pay AND work at home"

Current Employee - Spanish-English Interpreter in Melbourne, FL
    Current Employee - Spanish-English Interpreter in Melbourne, FL

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

work at home
    training
    orientation
    flexible hours
    excellent pay

Cons

a lot of terminology to learn

Nov 2, 2017 – President and CEO

Your review is greatly appreciated. I’m thrilled that you share the same sense of excitement about our business that I do. We are all one team and your continued input will be essential if we are to... More

7. "Fast Growing company with no incentives for their employees"

Current Employee - Interpreter in Monterey, CA
    Current Employee - Interpreter in Monterey, CA

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions part-time

Pros

Training, equipment, overtime, 401K, lots of clients

Cons

No flexibility, no benefits, no pay raise or bonuses, more work with no incentives.

Advice to Management

Since interpreters are “heart and soul of the company”, value them more not only with pretty word, but in word and deed.

8. "Inspiring"

Current Employee - Interpreter in Portland, OR

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been inspired by the work we are doing the past several months following the natural disasters around the United States and Puerto Rico. I feel like we are helping people. Co-workers are going to great lengths to help their fellow man.

Cons

Not many downsides. Company keeps its promises. Communication could be better.

Advice to Management

Appreciate the mission and the cause of helping people who can't help themselves. It's a unique work environment. I appreciate being here.

Nov 2, 2017 – President and CEO

Thank you for your feedback. It’s extremely gratifying to know that you are having a positive experience at LanguageLine and that you fully recognize our dedication to helping people. Our goal is for... More

9. "New hire - virtual job"

Current Employee - Interpreter
    Current Employee - Interpreter

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I just completed the recruiting and new hire orientation process for an interpreter position. The entire process from beginning to end was very smooth, organized and comprehensive. I was very impressed by the recruiter that I dealt with. He was very professional, personable and welcoming. The other support staff that I have communicated with either via phone or email has also been very helpful. Overall, my introduction into how LanguageLine Solutions does business has been a very positive one.

Cons

None at this time. Have not experienced anything negative.

Advice to Management

None at this time. Not enough time on the job.

Nov 2, 2017 – President and CEO

10. "Lengthy hiring process, but well worth it!"

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

LLS team will support you through the whole hiring process. It is a very rewarding job. Even though you have a set schedule there is the possibility of swapping hours with other coworkers. As an employee working from home you still feel very much supported by all the different tiers of LLS mgmt. They encourage you to be better at your job. So far it seems that what you will get from this job is directly related on how much you put into the job. The effort is equally proportional.

Cons

Lengthy hiring process, it took about 2 month after they accepted my resume to receive a response. Overall, it took about 3-3 and half month for me to start working. Training could use some improvement, there is a lengthy self pace course and a shorter live instructor training. Since this job varies from day to day, I'd think that there should have been a stronger focus on the sessions with the live instructor.

Advice to Management

Focus more on the training with instructors, longer and more detailed sessions. Keep up the supportive environment! it really does help especially after those lengthy and arduous calls that wee receive back-to-back.