LanguageLine Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

2.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
LanguageLine Solutions President & CEO Scott W. Klein
Scott W. Klein

Pros
  • Work from home as a FT/PT with set hrs, or contractor who determines your own hours (in 210 reviews)

• Work at home - no need to commute during bad weather (in 27 reviews)

Cons
  • No benefits for part time employees (in 49 reviews)

• Low pay compare to other companies in the industry (in 47 reviews)

"Low pay 0 growth opportunities"

Current Employee - Interpreter in Lowell, MA
    Current Employee - Interpreter in Lowell, MA

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work from home direct deposit not really many pros the benefits are meager the pay is not what it should be languageline is hurting all interpreters by offering cheap wages this affects the whole industry as other companies follow suit

Cons

The company is difficult to navigate as everything is done online you have to send emails and sometimes you have to wait days if you even get a response unless its a mistake that you made then they start threatening you with your job ive been with them for two years time wasted time to move on

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to take some employee relation seminars and learn how to conduct a business and how to properly treat employees

"Don't expect support, good pay nor honesty"

Former Employee - Interpreter in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Interpreter in Dallas, TX

I worked at LanguageLine Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working from home, speaking a foreign language and helping people to understand each other

Cons

Management cares more about the $$ than their asset: the interpreter.

Advice to Management

Take care of your workforce and train you clients better so they don't abuse interpreters. Listen to the complaints, especially if they are repeating. And make a change.

"Interpreter"

Former Employee - Over the Phone Interpreter in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Over the Phone Interpreter in Portland, OR

I worked at LanguageLine Solutions part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very easy job. Requires no creativity at all
    Best part of the job is at the end of the day, you can come home and worry about nothing cause the job nature

Cons

Management team is a mess. Often give out incorrect information and keep changing their words
    Working as interpreter isn't the most stressful part of the job but dealing with the in-charge team; as they call themselves; is

"Read reviews carefully before deciding to work here!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Monterey, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Monterey, CA

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only good thing about this is that you get to work from home, so if you are a mother or have pets like me, it would be easier to be around them in the comfort of your home

Cons

If someone told you that they will give you PTO after 90 days, that is false. only those who are on fixed salary get that. Also you don't get a say in whether you want to work a holiday day or not. I have to work every minute to try and pay my bills and they will randomly select you when they are over staffed to have a holiday off ( WITH NO PAY!!) so of course your pay check comes bad :(. On top of that recently they sent us all an email saying you are here by to switch to video calls soon, the best part of this is that in the end of the email, it says this is mandatory to keep your job. Guess what? no pay raise is associated with that either. All in all, unless you have a second source of income that is great, you wont be able to make living off of this job!.

Advice to Management

Take Care of your employees so they can stay with you. It is sad to see that we are just mere pawns that can be replaced at any moment !

"Interpreter"

Current Employee - Over the Phone Interpreter in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Over the Phone Interpreter in Orlando, FL

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

No driving so I save on gas. Full time work includes benefits. Able to be home when my kids are home

Cons

No salary increase after 7 years. More duties have been added without a raise. Poor communication with management. Interpreters use to get bonuses, but now that has been taken away. Recently they've merged with other companies, so that means they are making more money. Interperters are expected to do more work with same pay.

"Good work from home job but very low pay"

Current Employee - Over the Phone Interpreter in Taunton, MA
    Current Employee - Over the Phone Interpreter in Taunton, MA

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work from home (nothing much other than that)

Cons

No flexible hours
    Low pay
    No holidays off

"Not a good company and very low pay as an interpreter!"

Current Employee - Interpreter in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Interpreter in Seattle, WA

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Work at home - no need to commute during bad weather
    - Provide good training on their system
    - Unlike independent contractor, they provide W2 which is an ease of mind when filing tax

Cons

- Poor benefit and pay
    - No respect to their employee - being forced to switch to video interpreting without any options and compensation
    - Very lonely and isolated because you work at home for the whole day

Advice to Management

Try to listen to their employees' voices and comments, not just focus on their own profits! We deserve better pay and respect!

"Customer Service"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

There are some very nice employee and executives. The hours are good and most departments are very flexible with changing your time. The company is really trying hard to improve their imagine as being a hard company to work at. Also trying to improve the big GAP between management and occupational. These are positive things they are doing to make a difference.

Cons

Greedy, bad decisions in the past, growing to fast and expecting one person to do the job of 4 people. Hiring people with no integrity.

Advice to Management

Slow down a minute-to think things through. And be more transparent to your employees. Make everyone feel appreciated not just your favorites. Less favoritism.

"Quality"

Former Employee - Manager in Monterey, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in Monterey, CA

I worked at LanguageLine Solutions (More than a year)

Pros

Working from home is very comfortable. Little to none supervision.

Cons

Little to none feedback or training.

Advice to Management

Quality is based on hiring knowledgeable interpreters and promoting their professional growth.

"ESSENTIALLY A CUSTOMER SERVICE JOB"

Current Employee - Medical Interpreter in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Medical Interpreter in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get to practice your native language on a daily basis. That's really it.

Cons

You are constantly being yelled at by people. You get minimum wage+small fee if you go over 27 mins. Meanwhile the company is getting $3/min. Benefits are awful. Breaks are short, the system is hard to work with and the salary is not satisfactory. I thought I'd be making a difference in someone's life and instead, I get calls from insurance companies and such and end up in not-so-pretty situations.

Advice to Management

Perhaps pay more attention to the employees. There is not even a good way to connect with people in the same city as you. Stop reprimanding me for not saying "what else I may do for you" after a clinical call. No one gives a damn. They are already frustrated and trying to get the patient out especially in those low-income clinics. I don't think that would make a huge difference at the end.