LanguageLine Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated December 4, 2017

LanguageLine Solutions President & CEO Scott W. Klein
Scott W. Klein

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work from home; excellent training; retirement plan; rewarding: I worked with people from different cultures (in 252 reviews)

• get to work from home - no commute, pays on time (in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay considering skills required to perform well (in 57 reviews)

• No benefits for part time employees (in 54 reviews)

1. "Interpreter"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Working from home. Helping people is a plus.

Cons

Low pay. Overall it is a great company

"Have not received paycheck"

Current Employee - Interpreter in El Paso, TX
    Current Employee - Interpreter in El Paso, TX

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions full-time

Pros

It's an easy job, just interpreting from Spanish to English and vice versa, I work on site.

Cons

I have been there for a month, on my third pay period and have not received one paycheck. The story is that it was lost in the mail. There are about 15 other people who have had the same trouble. Apparently this is common, other colleagues that have been with Language Line Solutions have stated it took forever to receive their first two paychecks.

Advice to Management

Review and fix your payroll department asap, we don't work for free!! Might have to file with my state's workforce commission!

Nov 22, 2017 – President and CEO

Thank you for your feedback. We are committed to creating a transparent and collaborative environment for all our employees, so I am disappointed to hear about your experience.

We value and... More

"Great remote employment opportunity when you have another household income"

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions full-time

Pros

Work from home, exposure to technology, advanced training, equipment provided by the company

Cons

Lack of flexibility, (at least breaks and lunch times could be used to adjust for going to bathroom when needed, not when scheduled.

Advice to Management

This is a nice opportunity to earn some extra money, but the pay isn't so great to allow an interpreter to do just that for living and meeting all financial obligations. This could be taken into consideration and flexible schedules shall be offered at least for those who have other duties, such as kids who need to be picked up from school on time. Also, as an interpreter, you will be basically stuck in front of your computer for hours, because the calls come in silently with no warning, which is not disclosed at the time of hiring, and if you have had an experience with other language companies, you expect that you will be able to at least able to walk around your house, in proximity of the computer so you can pick up the phone on time. I have scheduled over 300 people with flex schedules at my former job, and I know it's possible.

"Salary is low"

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, work from home, good supervisor ( in my case), good experience for an interpreter if you are a beginner in this field

Cons

- low salary for interpreters
    - unpaid vacation and you don't accumulate hours or days with years; you are stuck with 2 weeks of vacations as long as you work there;
     - benefits could be better;
    - working on holidays at the same rate as any other day ;
     - no promotions

Advice to Management

- Increase rate for interpreters with years;
    - reward loyal interpreters with paid vacation and let them accumulate vacation time;
    - increased rate for working holidays

Nov 2, 2017 – President and CEO

I want to thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We consider our team of interpreters to be our greatest asset, and it is of paramount importance to me that you feel valued. If you... More

"Good option while in between Jobs."

Current Employee - Interpreter in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Interpreter in Tampa, FL

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Work From Home Flexibility
    - Various shifts

Cons

-No benefits
    -No PTO
    -No paid vacation

Nov 2, 2017 – President and CEO

Your review is greatly appreciated. We are all one team and your continued input will be essential if we are to achieve our long-term goals. If you would ever like to exchange ideas, please contact... More

"Vietnamese Interpreter"

Current Employee - Over the Phone Interpretation in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Over the Phone Interpretation in San Diego, CA

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions part-time (More than a year)

Pros

there is a lot of training and companies provide the right opportunity for whomever want to start a career or gain some decent experience in interpretation.

They also provide the right equipments for you to do the job.

Cons

too many back-to-back calls but LOW PAY, therefore, the turn-over rate is high. After six months, you are sick of taking the back-to-back calls because your mouth can be dry by the end of the day and you do not seem to be able to afford anything since their pay is low. It is impossible to reward yourself after all your living expenses.

THIS JOB IS GOOD FOR STUDENTS WHO WANT SOME EXTRA INCOME WHILE IN SCHOOL OR PEOPLE WHO WANT TO GAIN EXPERIENCE IN INTERPRETATION.

Nov 2, 2017 – President and CEO

Though they are difficult to hear, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I am sorry that your experience at LanguageLine Solutions has not matched our intention of being the... More

7. "cool"

Current Employee - Translator in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Translator in San Diego, CA

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

good money, benefits, fun job

Cons

none that i can think of

Advice to Management

none

Nov 2, 2017 – President and CEO

Thank you for your feedback. It’s extremely gratifying to know that you are having a positive experience at LanguageLine. If you would ever like to exchange ideas, please contact me at... More

"one of the most stressful jobs in my life"

Former Employee - Interpreter
    Former Employee - Interpreter

I worked at LanguageLine Solutions part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You can work a lot of hours if you survive...

Cons

a lot of stress, not enough training, pay is a joke taking into consideration the stress level. They check your schedule every minute and if you have a diarrhea or constipation, it is your bad day..you still need to be on time from a break, remember that they count every extra minute you spent in the bathroom, constant issues with throat, ears because of non-stop talking and wearing headphones. So, if you want to lose your voice and hearing, work on holidays, and to have unpaid time off and unpaid vacation, welcome to LLS.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with more respect and don't be so greedy.

9. "Interpreter"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions as a contractor

Pros

You learn a lot, definitely and opportunity for endless learning. Your day to day varies in terms of calls and levels of professionalism needed, which is rewarding!

Cons

The Tijuana site could use help with training and development for sure. Pay should be adjusted with the cost of living. Supervisors should be hired based on ability and not because they work crazy 10-12 hours shifts daily.

Advice to Management

Drug Test employees periodically and review your Mexico contract with SoluCenter!

Aug 28, 2017 – President and CEO

Thank you for your positive feedback and for being a part of “the solution.” Our goal is total and complete client satisfaction. Enthusiasm for one’s work, which you convey here, goes a long way... More

10. "The pay is low,"

Current Employee - Video Enabled Interpreter in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Video Enabled Interpreter in Tampa, FL

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good training lots of clients.

Cons

Low pay low benefits. Need to change video rate.

Advice to Management

Raise pay for video.