LanguageLine Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

LanguageLine Solutions Reviews

Updated October 21, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work from home; excellent training; retirement plan; rewarding: I worked with people from different cultures (in 247 reviews)

• get to work from home - no commute, pays on time (in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay compare to other companies in the industry (in 53 reviews)

• No benefits for part time employees (in 53 reviews)

"Vietnamese Interpreter"

Current Employee - Over the Phone Interpretation in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Over the Phone Interpretation in San Diego, CA

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions part-time (More than a year)

Pros

there is a lot of training and companies provide the right opportunity for whomever want to start a career or gain some decent experience in interpretation.

They also provide the right equipments for you to do the job.

Cons

too many back-to-back calls but LOW PAY, therefore, the turn-over rate is high. After six months, you are sick of taking the back-to-back calls because your mouth can be dry by the end of the day and you do not seem to be able to afford anything since their pay is low. It is impossible to reward yourself after all your living expenses.

THIS JOB IS GOOD FOR STUDENTS WHO WANT SOME EXTRA INCOME WHILE IN SCHOOL OR PEOPLE WHO WANT TO GAIN EXPERIENCE IN INTERPRETATION.

2. "bilingual interpreter"

I worked at LanguageLine Solutions full-time

Pros

good benefits, good feedback, the train, you can get more hours and get extra paid

Cons

a lot of calls, breaks too short, the training was too long and boring,

3. "Premier Account Executive"

Current Employee - Premier Account Manager in Monterey, CA
    Current Employee - Premier Account Manager in Monterey, CA

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very rewarding Job, we are saving lives and your taking facilities that have no language access programs and because of your hard work your able to effectively enhance communication for all facilities you asssit.

Cons

Hard work, high stress job, have to be very orginized

Sep 20, 2017 – President and CEO

Thank you for your positive feedback and for being a part of “the solution.” Our goal is total and complete client satisfaction. Enthusiasm for one’s work, which you convey here, goes a long way... More

4. "Overview"

Current Employee - Premier Account Executive in Monterey, CA
    Current Employee - Premier Account Executive in Monterey, CA

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The team atmosphere working for the Premier Sales Team is the best sales environment I have ever worked in. Everyone is there to help one another.
    There is a great opportunity to make a lot of money if you hold yourself accountable. Managing your own portfolio is like running your own business...you have to micromanage your accounts

Cons

The on-board training can be a lot better

Sep 20, 2017 – President and CEO

Thank you for your feedback. It’s extremely gratifying to know that you are having a positive experience at LanguageLine. Our goal is for this to be the high point of your professional career. We... More

"Decent"

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions part-time

Pros

Pay is not great, but at least it's a living wage.

Cons

I find LLS to be too strict in regard to their adherence policies. As a work from home, they should be more flexible and understanding to the needs of their employees.

"Challenging work"

Current Employee - Interpreter in Monterey, CA

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A lot of people make the case the the pay is low on here. That's true. Its not great. But you work from home and the hours are fair. The company does exactly what it says it will do for you. There are not a lot of frills and you aren't a part of things at the big company, but that was never promised. It's challenging work and it's fulfilling to work with people who need help.

Cons

Management style can often focus on what you haven't done rather than what you have. It can be a little worrying. I have not had much - or really any - communication with a direct supervisor.

Advice to Management

Communication needs to be someone's job. Getting a newsletter once a month doesn't count. I understand that employees are remote but the company needs to fill in that distance somehow.

"Company doesn't take care of employees"

Current Employee - Interpreter
    Current Employee - Interpreter

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Work from home. Ok as part time job

Cons

Company very demanding with employees, yet their pay is awful not much more than minimum wage., no raises, no bonuses anymore. No incentives for employees to strive for. Recently just add additional shifts without taking into considerations that you have other obligations. Heavy work load. My opinion company getting worst year after year

Advice to Management

You need have better communication with employees., you should offer raises if an employee has outstanding reviews, other wise employees are not motivated to do outstanding job, and we just meet expectations,

"Technology Management"

Current Employee - Information Technology Director in Monterey, CA
    Current Employee - Information Technology Director in Monterey, CA

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I work in the Technology Area. The executive management is wonderful to work for and with– caring, competent, committed. In the past 2 -3 years, we’ve implemented a new state of the art call platform. While it has not been without growing pains, it’s fun and exciting to be a part of a company committed to innovation and customer service (including both client and interpreter users of the platform).

I love the mission of LanguageLine – bridging language barriers. The work we do is important and impacts real lives by the thousands every day. It makes me feel that the work I do matters.

Cons

Not sure if this is really a con – but incompetence, laziness or apathy aren’t likely to be accepted or tolerated for long. It’s a fast paced environment with high expectations for performance and you need to be able to keep up.

Advice to Management

Being so close to Silicon Valley is both an opportunity and a challenge. Keep offering salaries in line with current area competition in order to keep getting the best.

Aug 28, 2017 – President and CEO

9. "just do your job"

Pros

get to work from home - no commute, pays on time.

Cons

none. happy to have a job!

Advice to Management

no more pay decrease please.

10. "Good Work from home opportunity"

Current Employee - Interpreter in Monterey, CA

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A good place to work if you want to work from home with some flexibility. The company is fair. They give you what they say you will, as well as ongoing training. As long as you do a good job they will treat you fairly.

Cons

Has nothing to do with the company really. The work can be stressful. It can be lonely working by yourself all the time.

Advice to Management

Communicate. Make it someone's job to communicate with us. We can go a long time without hearing from a manager.