LanguageLine Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

LanguageLine Solutions Reviews

Updated April 26, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Work from home as a FT/PT with set hrs, or contractor who determines your own hours (in 206 reviews)

• Work at home - no need to commute during bad weather (in 27 reviews)

Cons
  • No benefits for part time employees (in 48 reviews)

• Low pay compare to other companies in the industry (in 47 reviews)

Former Employee - Interpreter in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Interpreter in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at LanguageLine Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

No Pros At All! Shameful and disgraceful criminal management that violates employees rights! Stay away from this hell called "Sweatshop Solutions"! Waste of time, life, and potential for talented language professionals!

Cons

This company is a good example of forced communist labor when it comes to exploiting interpreters, but on the executive-team level, it is a greedy, thirsty, money-mongering and profit-maximizing capitalist machine. Lower than minimum wages, per-minute pay for interpreters' hard labor abolished, overtime paid the same as minimum wage, no compensation for missed meal or rest breaks, no paid time off, no paid sick leave. Despotic company culture towards interpreters. The company uses an awkward, ineffective platform to slavishly serve its customers for customers to pay for interpreters' talent, customer service, and professional efforts, yet the company mistreats, neglects, and abuses interpreters, showing ignorance and disrespect to the professionals whose labor it reaps.

Advice to Management

Go to hell!

Former Employee - All Caĺl Spanish/English Interpreter in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - All Caĺl Spanish/English Interpreter in Atlanta, GA

I worked at LanguageLine Solutions part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Able to work from home. Good hours.

Cons

Not much interaction with the company. IT support not very available, pay not so great.

Current Employee - Over the Phone Interpreter in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Over the Phone Interpreter in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work from home....no commuting...no lunch expenditures, you do not have to deal with unfriendly co workers, you can wear whatever your heart desires, flexible schedules, you can have weekends off. 401k for part time employees too. and medical insurance for full time employees

Cons

Low wages, poor communication between management and employees now with the upcoming changes who knows what will happen, they will now require video interpreting sad for those of us who are happy without having to see peoples faces...back to back call no getting a chance to breathe.

Advice to Management

Pleas try to see if regular employees with good reputations can start getting raises...also paid time off for employees that have been working 1 year...

"Getting Interpreting Experience"

Former Employee - Interpreter in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Interpreter in Seattle, WA

I worked at LanguageLine Solutions part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work from home; interesting and challenging interpreting experience; learn new things every time; get some insider knowledge of banks, and insurance companies.

Cons

Shifts are not flexible; after you choose your shift, it's hard to change; there are minimum shift hours per week.
    Sometimes the interpreting experience can be very stressful, especially with 911 emergency calls. Interpretation over the phone for hospitals and courts are hard.

6. "awesome"

Current Employee - Arabic Interpreter in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Arabic Interpreter in San Diego, CA

Pros

Diversity of work environments, exposure to different scenarios, polishing of professional skills

Cons

Big company, sometimes slow replies to requests

Advice to Management

reconsider payment to Interpreters

Current Employee - Over the Phone Interpreter in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Over the Phone Interpreter in Orlando, FL

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

No driving so I save on gas. Full time work includes benefits. Able to be home when my kids are home

Cons

No salary increase after 7 years. More duties have been added without a raise. Poor communication with management. Interpreters use to get bonuses, but now that has been taken away. Recently they've merged with other companies, so that means they are making more money. Interperters are expected to do more work with same pay.

"worst company to work with"

Current Employee - All-call Interpreter in New York, NY
    Current Employee - All-call Interpreter in New York, NY

Pros

None, good for nothing, stay away as much as possible

Cons

upgraded to video interpreter( wages same) and also have to work on national holidays even on labour day. Minimum wages with back to back calls like slaves, no value of interpreters while management takes all perks with paid vacations .

Advice to Management

Teleperfomence should fire all Language line management and replace with quality people who cares about their bread butter employees, it is the interpreters who make money for them and we are treated like slaves

"This company should be ashamed of themselves"

Former Employee - Interpreter in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Interpreter in New York, NY

I worked at LanguageLine Solutions full-time

Pros

Work from home.... thats it! If there were zero stars or the poop emoji I would have preferred it for rating

Cons

Worked for them over 8 years and I hated every second of it. Not so much for the work itself but the fact that I felt so taken advantage of. The pay never increased and the bonus just disappeared (used to give a bonus every three months) without any explanation. They give more responsibilities and say that you will get paid extra for doing additional work and than they don't keep there promise stating that "I misunderstood. I hope all your employees end up leaving. I work for other interpreting companies now and it feels so good to be compensated appropriately for my work!

Advice to Management

Stop being greedy... without us interpreters you would have nothing!

"PURE SLAVERY"

Former Employee - Over the Phone Interpreter in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Over the Phone Interpreter in San Diego, CA

Pros

Friendly recruiters, a message board where you can communicate to other interpreters.

Cons

Don't make the same mistake I did and stay away from this company. This is by far the most stressful job I ever had and get ready to be treated as dirt. The interpreters are getting paid $10 an hour which is what they normally pay customer service people in India. Yet you are expected to know a lot of legal and medical terminology and follow a rigorous protocol which includes picking up the phone on the first ring. You will make a lot more money working at 7/11 or at your local gas station and at least will be able to take short breaks during the day. The only reason this company is still in business is because there are a lot of people who for one reason or another (caring for a child, etc.) need to work from home.

Advice to Management

A job like this should not pay less than $20-25 an hour.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

None, good for nothing , get this job only if you find no work at all.

Cons

No flexibility , zero benefits, too much work, peanut pay and lot of responsibilty

Advice to Management

Only people who make money in language line are interpreter and language line suck our blood