LanguageLine Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

LanguageLine Solutions Reviews

Updated March 20, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Work from home as a FT/PT with set hrs, or contractor who determines your own hours (in 198 reviews)

• Work at home - no need to commute during bad weather (in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • No benefits for part time employees (in 48 reviews)

• Low pay compare to other companies in the industry (in 43 reviews)

"Medical Interpreter"

Pros

Work from home, lots of interesting cases, learn new skills

Cons

lots of work pressure, low pay

2. "awesome"

Current Employee - Arabic Interpreter in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Arabic Interpreter in San Diego, CA

Pros

Diversity of work environments, exposure to different scenarios, polishing of professional skills

Cons

Big company, sometimes slow replies to requests

Advice to Management

reconsider payment to Interpreters

"Interpreter"

Current Employee - Over the Phone Interpreter in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Over the Phone Interpreter in Orlando, FL

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

No driving so I save on gas. Full time work includes benefits. Able to be home when my kids are home

Cons

No salary increase after 7 years. More duties have been added without a raise. Poor communication with management. Interpreters use to get bonuses, but now that has been taken away. Recently they've merged with other companies, so that means they are making more money. Interperters are expected to do more work with same pay.

"I cannot believe this company"

Former Employee - Interpreter
    Former Employee - Interpreter

Pros

No management, no commute, no office politics

Cons

Worst management, low pay, no respect to employees, no support, no benefit, no career advancement, no culture, worst company ever

Advice to Management

If you don't care about your employees, at least respect yourself as a manager.

"Lls"

Current Employee - Medical Interpreter
    Current Employee - Medical Interpreter

Pros

I worked for LLS from 6 months at home medical interpreter advantage of it I have a baby so the work at home is so suitable for me also the staff is so cooperative

Cons

Hard to have a vacation and it is hard to request day off and also Iam so busy during this 4 hours that not able to take sip of water

"Modern day slavery"

Pros

A mean to an end

Cons

This company was probably one of the worst companies one could ever have the displeasure of working for. The pay is pathetic, akin to modern day slavery. There is no paid time off for work at home interpreters regardless of their full-time status. They suck the life out of you. Requesting for unpaid time off is worst than pulling teeth; it was always about THEIR BUSINESS need first and foremost. They are worst than the tapeworm that sucks one dry.

Advice to Management

Be mindful of interpreters. Because of them, the company makes money so treat them better not like some kind of mindless robot that never tires.

"worst company to work with"

Current Employee - All-call Interpreter in New York, NY
    Current Employee - All-call Interpreter in New York, NY

Pros

None, good for nothing, stay away as much as possible

Cons

upgraded to video interpreter( wages same) and also have to work on national holidays even on labour day. Minimum wages with back to back calls like slaves, no value of interpreters while management takes all perks with paid vacations .

Advice to Management

Teleperfomence should fire all Language line management and replace with quality people who cares about their bread butter employees, it is the interpreters who make money for them and we are treated like slaves

"This company should be ashamed of themselves"

Former Employee - Interpreter in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Interpreter in New York, NY

I worked at LanguageLine Solutions full-time

Pros

Work from home.... thats it! If there were zero stars or the poop emoji I would have preferred it for rating

Cons

Worked for them over 8 years and I hated every second of it. Not so much for the work itself but the fact that I felt so taken advantage of. The pay never increased and the bonus just disappeared (used to give a bonus every three months) without any explanation. They give more responsibilities and say that you will get paid extra for doing additional work and than they don't keep there promise stating that "I misunderstood. I hope all your employees end up leaving. I work for other interpreting companies now and it feels so good to be compensated appropriately for my work!

Advice to Management

Stop being greedy... without us interpreters you would have nothing!

"PURE SLAVERY"

Former Employee - Over the Phone Interpreter in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Over the Phone Interpreter in San Diego, CA

Pros

Friendly recruiters, a message board where you can communicate to other interpreters.

Cons

Don't make the same mistake I did and stay away from this company. This is by far the most stressful job I ever had and get ready to be treated as dirt. The interpreters are getting paid $10 an hour which is what they normally pay customer service people in India. Yet you are expected to know a lot of legal and medical terminology and follow a rigorous protocol which includes picking up the phone on the first ring. You will make a lot more money working at 7/11 or at your local gas station and at least will be able to take short breaks during the day. The only reason this company is still in business is because there are a lot of people who for one reason or another (caring for a child, etc.) need to work from home.

Advice to Management

A job like this should not pay less than $20-25 an hour.

"Interpreter"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

None, good for nothing , get this job only if you find no work at all.

Cons

No flexibility , zero benefits, too much work, peanut pay and lot of responsibilty

Advice to Management

Only people who make money in language line are interpreter and language line suck our blood