Lasco Enterprises Reviews | Glassdoor

2.7
Jerry Lasco
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "I've been working at Lasco's for a few years"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Lasco Enterprises full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is a great place to work with the flexible hours and open door policy. The people I work with are great! The company is poised for growth, backed up with a culture of Teamwork and character building values. If you want to grow, and willing to work hard, you can grow with this company.

Cons

I currently don't have any cons.

Advice to Management

No advice either, but just want to say I'm thankful to be a part of this journey.

"Server"

Former Employee - Server in Kingwood, TX
    Former Employee - Server in Kingwood, TX

Pros

Almost all of the restaurant staff that I worked with and were great. I was beginning to learn so much about wines that I hadn't experienced.

Cons

The corporate office is very hands off for the Kingwood location (no longer open as of today). From my experience the corporate body leers down at its staff keeping their employees in the dark and then close down the location.

Advice to Management

Look at the area you buy into before you commit you just put 13 people to the curb with out any forewarning.

3. "Growing and learning"

Current Employee - Director of Operations in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Director of Operations in Houston, TX

I have been working at Lasco Enterprises full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a company that is growing and want to learn. I have worked for big companies that are shrinking and who refuse to learn. Ownership expects a lot from you but rewards you for meeting and exceeding your goals. Leadership in place is new, but is focused on the right things and is willing to teach you and to grow you.

Cons

With small companies come growing pains. Systems are not in place, but the new leadership is laser focused on the right things and getting those systems into place.

Advice to Management

Stay true to the path and continue to grow. Great people work here, and great people have the opportunity to grow and thrive if they can understand that they need to own their own development and growth.

4. "Lasco Enterprises, Max's Wine Dive, Boiler House & Anejo"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Lasco Enterprises full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I really enjoy working here because the decisions you make have impact on the organization and matter. My fellow co-workers are my friends and we work as a team. We work toward a common goal. We work to improve sales, to grow profitability & to build our culture. At our core, we want to be the best, always improve and maintain the trust of our team. If you like change, then we always have something new around the corner. We sell food and wine. How great is that!?!

Cons

This company is not for everyone. You have to check your ego at the door and work together as a team. It is not for you if you are a lone ranger or don't want others pitching in to help. If you don't like change, this may be a tough place to work for you too. If you are an employee, and not don't have an owner operator mentality, then again, it's not for you.

Advice to Management

Keep at it! Maintain discipline on processes and projects.

5. "Great place to learn, grow & make an impact!"

Current Employee - Senior Management in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Management in Houston, TX

I have been working at Lasco Enterprises full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

With an open door policy and ability to contribute on various levels, Lasco Enterprises allows employees to focus on their strengths while also continually growing their knowledge base about the Restaurant Industry as a business sector. With a comfortable work environment where lifelong friends are made, Lasco is a great company to work for if you're looking to be heard, make a difference, and be recognized for your hard work.

Cons

Commute. I choose to live in the suburbs, therefore I must adapt to the commute to the inner city for work.

Advice to Management

Continue being transparent about the business and making communication a top-priority. Involving various team members in the process of growth allows for buy-in, the creation of "best" practices, and ultimate success.

6. "Inovative and Employee Focused"

Current Employee - Area Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Area Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Lasco Enterprises full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Chef driven menus.
    Opportunity for growth.
    Great team members from the owner down to the hourly's
    The entire operations team is able to evolve and change as the market sees fit.

Cons

Compared to some restaurant groups this is still a young company.
    They are mainly in Texas so transferring with the company is limited.

Advice to Management

Continue focusing on the things that make you such a great company to work for.

"Worst company ever."

Former Employee - Juice Associate in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Juice Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at Lasco Enterprises full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They pay $11 for juice associate when other juice bars pay around $9/hr. Very lax on standards and rules. My coworkers were amazing. Free juices and access to healthy food and smoothies. Huge discount at their other concepts.

Cons

Unprofessional, shady, immoral business practices. They have employees lie about the products being fully organic knowing that they have a large customer base that is struggling with cancer and not supposed to have non organic items. They have never ordered anything organic, except for Kale sand that's because their supplier only offers organic kale. Even the supplements are trash, generic brands. They add water to the drinks and don't wash produce. They make impulsive business decisions and do their management extremely dirty. They hired a girl as a manager and told her to tell everyone she was a regular juice associate and made other associates think that the position was still available for them to take. They run you Down until you are no longer needed or wanted. They haven't even had a nutritionist for the juice bar in a year. They will cut corners even if it means putting the customer in danger or at risk

Advice to Management

Learn how to run a business.

Lasco Enterprises Response

Jun 8, 2016

We appreciate and want all of our current and former employees to be able to leave their thoughts regarding their experiences with Lasco Enterprises and any of our concepts, as we want future... More

8. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Assistant General Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant General Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Lasco Enterprises full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great environment to work. Great money. Lots of wine education and development.

Cons

Poor or no SOP in place. Lack of communication from the corporate structure to the management.

9. "Decent money for a serving job with commission opportunities."

Current Employee - Server in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Server in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Lasco Enterprises full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Commission on retail wine sales. 3%-13%
    Tips averaging approximately 2000-3000 per month
    Cool, fun environment.
    Understanding Management

Cons

Long Hours. 2.13/hr. Serving tables.

10. "Growing rapidly but not forward or outwardly aware"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Lasco Enterprises full-time

Pros

Positive work environment, very focused on personal professional development, rapidly growing company

Cons

Management is reactionary; not able to think strategically in terms of what will take them to the next level, then execute on those decisions; although work-life balance is preached, very little exists for top executives and this culture is passed down throughout corporate staff.