Laser Spine Institute Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Roger C. Cary

Pros
  • I love working with LSI because they appreciates and recognized their employees hard work (in 9 reviews)

• It's awesome working at a place where you are able to help people everyday (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Lack of work-life balance, but luckily it's a fun place to spend many hours (in 8 reviews)

• They believe in CHOICE values that apparently are nothing but fluff to get you drinking the koolaid (in 5 reviews)

"New focus show promise"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Laser Spine Institute full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great coworkers, beautiful building, we really do change lives. There have been some tough transitions and I miss many of my friends that were part of the cuts. New lean leadership was instituted from on the ground floor employees that worked together. I must admit many of the ideas are innovative. If you work there, now is the time to speak up to be part of the change. The changes have potential to breathe new life into the company. Roger Cary wants to make LSI a strong organization and I think he is dedicated to making that happen. His experience is an asset to the company.

Cons

Layoffs were tough and brought down morale. If remaining employees are unhappy they need to look inward and decide if they want to stay. For those who want to stay, they need to be all in and give it a chance. Benefits were decreased but it sounds like they will be restored.

Advice to Management

Stay committed to positive change. Please keep listening. Keep communication lines open--the town hall is a great start. If key managers aren't uplifting the team and creating positive change, take another look at leadership roles.

"Great experience, great culture!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at Laser Spine Institute full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Overall I had a wonderful experience at LSI. Its culture and people are the best, there is a real sense of placing patient's interests first. It was really moving to experience patient testimonials and see how the company makes real and dramatic positive impacts in people's lives. My manager and team mates made it for a fun work environment, and every day I looked forward to coming in to work!

Cons

LSI has been through some turbulent times, financially speaking, resulting in layoffs. Unfortunately the layoffs were handled poorly, which resulted in multiple back to back rounds. This in turn caused a large downturn in employee morale and a large exodus of talented people. Dropping major benefits, such as 401k match, has made obtaining and retaining top talent all the more difficult. As an organization its trying its best to mature and dig itself out of the hole it created for itself, with mixed success.

Advice to Management

Securing a new CEO with healthcare experience was a great move. Continue listening to your employees, and overall continue fostering the wonderful culture that makes LSI great! When finances permit, renew your focus on attracting and retaining top talent.

"senior consultant"

Current Employee - Patient Coordinator in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Patient Coordinator in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Laser Spine Institute full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

very driven company. Good ethics. Good opportunity.

Cons

Young management team without alot of experience.

"A Spine Care Consultant's view"

Current Employee - Spine Care Consultant in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Spine Care Consultant in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Laser Spine Institute full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Incentives, kudos, feedback, one-on-one coaching, improvement plans, manager support, getting to work with patients and watch them through a process that can truly be life-altering. Understanding, caring management who are open to feedback and understand the challenges of this position. Good potential for high earnings if the time and effort is put in.

Cons

Work-life balance; in order to perform at a high level, it takes a lot of energy, time and commitment- more so than any other job I've had. It has required sacrifices in non-work life. Other challenges include the constant changes in insurance coverage with the company and the difficulty in explaining out of pocket costs to patients, the reasons for these costs, and how their insurance works with us very differently than what they are used to.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work in being open to feedback from employees. We know the company has been through many changes and appreciate the dedication to maintaining the culture. I also look forward to seeing our new CEO take more of a healthcare approach and less of a sales approach to our organization. I don't think we need car and cell phone salesmen (hard sales experience) as much as we need caring, personable consultants with healthcare backgrounds.

"Great work atmosphere"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Laser Spine Institute full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Love working at LSI! Truly there for the patients

Cons

Terrible benefits package! Almost not worth the great pay

"Think twice"

Former Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Laser Spine Institute full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good place to work as long as they like you and you fit in their mold. They like to have fun at work.

Cons

Favoritism abounds. Not a good place to work if you are an independent thinker and like being told how to practice. Management young and inexperienced. They have these choice values to follow, but management does not follow for themselves. Very caustic environment.

Advice to Management

Get all sides to story and discourage tattle tailing.

"Clear expecations and a great learning opportunity"

Former Employee - Spine Care Consultant in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Spine Care Consultant in Tampa, FL

I worked at Laser Spine Institute full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

LSI sets every employee up for success with phenomenal training. In fact, I was kind of bummed to finish training because it was so fun. The position itself is stressful if you do not have a background in sales but my managers and coworkers were all very helpful in those times of stress. During the time I was with LSI, they offered a great benefits package and great compensation. When I decided to end my career with LSI, they were more than fair with accumulated PTO and all bonuses owed.

Cons

Hours can be long. Goals can be stressful. If you don't enjoy being on the phone for hours on end, this may not be the position for you. However, these facts are clearly stated during the extensive interview process.

"Read Between the Lines..."

Former Employee - Manager in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Manager in Tampa, FL

I worked at Laser Spine Institute full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The new building had a lot of cool advantages. Ping pong, basketball, affairs and such. No experience needed or encouraged.

Cons

EVERYTHING. All current LSI employee's either are or have updated their resumes and those that haven't are the young, inexperienced, and not worthy of truly working in this industry. Nothing to offer and know they are currently peaking. LSI has gone thru 3 layoff's and currently are gearing up for a 4th (way to go), couldn't get it right the first 3 times, that right there should tell all something prior to interviewing. I happen to firmly believe that everyone in a management role should have been let go and replaced with older, more experienced medical professionals. Everything you read about nepotism is true. HR did not protect me and I haven't seen them do much of anything except attempt to look pretty. Very unapproachable. Work affairs are everywhere but because sons/parents, wives/husbands, and sisters/brothers etc all work there the company has no implemented fraternization policy in place. The stuff that we all witness openly is not only disgusting, but encouraged and gee now we wonder why work was never completed and the company is currently in the position it is in. Luckily, I found other employment because all current employees are going to work every single day wondering if today is the day they will get the news that they are done, because that day is approaching. So what do you think that says about morale? Exactly.

Advice to Management

Lay off EVERYONE in a management role and actually prove that you care about saving the company. No one cares anymore. Morale will never return for long term employees that use to work for the "coolest" company in town. LSI use to give give give and those employees had no problem taking taking taking but now, no one cares about performing because the party is over. Current employees are useless now. Stop laying off the lower level employees and if you want your company to actually succeed again, replace ALL MANAGEMENT with experience.

"Registered Nurse"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Tampa, FL

I worked at Laser Spine Institute full-time

Pros

Competeive pay for the area. Lots of employee benefits. Frequent lunches provided. Great team to work with.

Cons

Frequently under staffed. Business expectations are far too high for such a small facility. Care more about making money than clinical employees well being.

"Hope with new CEO"

Current Employee - Management in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Management in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Laser Spine Institute full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Our new CEO spent hours on his first day discussing his vision. Exciting to hear employees are valued and his goal is to get back to where we were 9 months ago

Cons

The last 9 months of instability and uncertainty

Advice to Management

Please restore us to where we used to be -Respected. Admired. Sought after by employees and patientd. Fun...