Laser Spine Institute Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Roger C. Cary

Pros
  • I love working with LSI because they appreciates and recognized their employees hard work (in 9 reviews)

• It's awesome working at a place where you are able to help people everyday (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Lack of work-life balance, but luckily it's a fun place to spend many hours (in 8 reviews)

• They believe in CHOICE values that apparently are nothing but fluff to get you drinking the koolaid (in 5 reviews)

"Ok Company"

I worked at Laser Spine Institute full-time

Pros

good people, good pay, no nights, weekends or holidays

Cons

management, management, management, management, management! They are more focused on the numbers and money then their staff

"So much potential wasted away"

I worked at Laser Spine Institute full-time

Pros

An amazing product with fabulous doctors!

Cons

Management heavy
    They dont listen to the employees who know whats going on and this has caused the downfall of the company
    choice values are gone

Advice to Management

Open your ears and shut your mouths. Not everyone knows everything and you can get farther as a team if everyone could just listen and respect one another

3. "Great experience, great culture!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at Laser Spine Institute full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Overall I had a wonderful experience at LSI. Its culture and people are the best, there is a real sense of placing patient's interests first. It was really moving to experience patient testimonials and see how the company makes real and dramatic positive impacts in people's lives. My manager and team mates made it for a fun work environment, and every day I looked forward to coming in to work!

Cons

LSI has been through some turbulent times, financially speaking, resulting in layoffs. Unfortunately the layoffs were handled poorly, which resulted in multiple back to back rounds. This in turn caused a large downturn in employee morale and a large exodus of talented people. Dropping major benefits, such as 401k match, has made obtaining and retaining top talent all the more difficult. As an organization its trying its best to mature and dig itself out of the hole it created for itself, with mixed success.

Advice to Management

Securing a new CEO with healthcare experience was a great move. Continue listening to your employees, and overall continue fostering the wonderful culture that makes LSI great! When finances permit, renew your focus on attracting and retaining top talent.

5. "senior consultant"

Current Employee - Patient Coordinator in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Patient Coordinator in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Laser Spine Institute full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

very driven company. Good ethics. Good opportunity.

Cons

Young management team without alot of experience.

"A Spine Care Consultant's view"

Current Employee - Spine Care Consultant in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Spine Care Consultant in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Laser Spine Institute full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Incentives, kudos, feedback, one-on-one coaching, improvement plans, manager support, getting to work with patients and watch them through a process that can truly be life-altering. Understanding, caring management who are open to feedback and understand the challenges of this position. Good potential for high earnings if the time and effort is put in.

Cons

Work-life balance; in order to perform at a high level, it takes a lot of energy, time and commitment- more so than any other job I've had. It has required sacrifices in non-work life. Other challenges include the constant changes in insurance coverage with the company and the difficulty in explaining out of pocket costs to patients, the reasons for these costs, and how their insurance works with us very differently than what they are used to.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work in being open to feedback from employees. We know the company has been through many changes and appreciate the dedication to maintaining the culture. I also look forward to seeing our new CEO take more of a healthcare approach and less of a sales approach to our organization. I don't think we need car and cell phone salesmen (hard sales experience) as much as we need caring, personable consultants with healthcare backgrounds.

7. "Great work atmosphere"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Laser Spine Institute full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Love working at LSI! Truly there for the patients

Cons

Terrible benefits package! Almost not worth the great pay

"Clear expecations and a great learning opportunity"

Former Employee - Spine Care Consultant in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Spine Care Consultant in Tampa, FL

I worked at Laser Spine Institute full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

LSI sets every employee up for success with phenomenal training. In fact, I was kind of bummed to finish training because it was so fun. The position itself is stressful if you do not have a background in sales but my managers and coworkers were all very helpful in those times of stress. During the time I was with LSI, they offered a great benefits package and great compensation. When I decided to end my career with LSI, they were more than fair with accumulated PTO and all bonuses owed.

Cons

Hours can be long. Goals can be stressful. If you don't enjoy being on the phone for hours on end, this may not be the position for you. However, these facts are clearly stated during the extensive interview process.

"Think twice"

Former Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Laser Spine Institute full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good place to work as long as they like you and you fit in their mold. They like to have fun at work.

Cons

Favoritism abounds. Not a good place to work if you are an independent thinker and like being told how to practice. Management young and inexperienced. They have these choice values to follow, but management does not follow for themselves. Very caustic environment.

Advice to Management

Get all sides to story and discourage tattle tailing.

10. "I love LSI"

I worked at Laser Spine Institute full-time

Pros

Great core values and they offer training through LSI university

Cons

limited locations which make it hard to transfer job locations.

Advice to Management

stay open minded

"Wouldn't tell my worst enemy to work here.."

I have been working at Laser Spine Institute full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The employees are really nice for the most part

Cons

Everything. The management is DEPLORABLE. I used to be so excited to come to work everyday, believing that we were truly helping people. Now they want used car salesmen to sell spine surgery at all costs. I no longer feel good about myself coming to work here and doing everything I can to try to hit my no longer attainable quota. This has turned into an extremely micromanaged call center, and I have never been so miserable at a job before, and I have had bad jobs in the past. The greed and unprofessional and TERRIBLE managers have run their best salespeople out of here, and most others are searching. If you don't mind being micromanaged and you have no soul, you might do well here. The managers are unapproachable and not helpful though. Favoritism abounds. They will change policy and give you a garbage excuse for why they aren't playing by the rules in order to benefit another employee and hurt you, and then PIP you for not hitting your numbers. The CHOICE values are a joke now. Employees are now faking their numbers in order to hit their metrics and get the managers off of their backs. Management and moral is abysmal, to say the least. I've witnessed harassment by other other managers, and they all rally around each other and support each other, so HR won't help you. It's very sad to see what has become of this place

Advice to Management

You should all be fired. I heard the used car lots in the area are hiring. I and my peers are anxiously awaiting the day we leave