Laser Spine Institute Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.7
Roger C. Cary

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I love working with LSI because they appreciates and recognized their employees hard work (in 10 reviews)

• During the time I was with LSI, they offered a great benefits package and great compensation (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Also, work life balance is a challenge at times (in 12 reviews)

• No work/life balance, working 10-12 hour days is demanded (in 6 reviews)

"Outpatient Spine Surgery"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at Laser Spine Institute full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellence in patient centered care.

Cons

The size of the organization can be a bit overwhelming.

Advice to Management

Excellence has been a founding principle of the organization and a major reason why I joined. Recent management and staff changes have created a working environment and atmosphere that negatively impacts the excellence of patient care. Clearly, changes are necessary for any organization to be successful. The skill of implementing changes requires refinement if the the organization intends to regain the level of excellence in patient care that had been achieved.

"Hope they've changed"

Former Employee - Patient Coordinator in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Patient Coordinator in Tampa, FL

I worked at Laser Spine Institute full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some people get the relief they need after the procedure.

Cons

They rang a bell every time a surgery was sold. The people reviewing and uploading mir info were not qualified to make judgements. They sell an experience like its's a vacation and are a marketing machine as opposed to really being about the patient first. Lots of favoritism as well. You either drink the Kool aid or your out. Also lots of the internal management team had prior arrest records.

Advice to Management

Change the culture. Focus no the patient not the quota.

"Executive Director"

I worked at Laser Spine Institute full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There is nothing like helping the patients and seeing them get life changing results.

Cons

They are not as efficient as they think that they are. They make a lot of changes just to make changes. The culture used to be great but now it is has a negative energy behind it.
    The CEO changes so much that the VP's spend the next year attempting to secure their position instead of practicing their values. They end up treating their employees terribly while they struggle to survive with the new leadership.

Advice to Management

Get back to the fundamentals of why the company was so great (culture).
    Get back to practicing the company values at every level. If the CEO and VPs do not practice the values how can you expect the rest of the organization to follow.
    Get back to servant leadership in more than just words, Follow through with actions.

"I wouldn't be anywhere else"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Laser Spine Institute full-time

Pros

The ultimate goal is to help those suffering from chronic neck or back pain. Knowing that we are contributing to changing the lives of these patients and their families is rewarding. The medicine is exceptional - we have some of the best surgeons and medical staff in the world. Newer leadership is experienced and cares about patients, teammates and the state of the organization - they are working hard on trying to ensure more patients than ever have access to our state-of-the-art procedures, and that teammates get the benefits they deserve.

Cons

Morale is down due to changes that have taken place over the past year and a half. In my opinion, changes take place for a reason, and the reason is to better our procedures, processes and make everything more efficient for our patients. If teammates continue to focus on the big picture, we will be able to help more pain sufferers than ever. This is why we are here!

Advice to Management

Continue to put patients first, but also continue to focus on teammates, the future of the organization and benefits to retain the amazing talent we already have. Live and breath the CHOICE values. HAVE FUN - we work hard to ensure that patients receive the best care in the industry, so it is important that you engage with teammates and have fun too!

"Run! Apply somewhere else that will treat you fairly."

Current Employee - Nurse
    Current Employee - Nurse

I have been working at Laser Spine Institute full-time

Pros

I enjoy my immediate coworkers. They're the only reason I've stayed so far. The doctors and nurses are great to work with.

Cons

Management strolls in whenever they feel like. I'm expected to be in early and stay late if needed but this doesn't hold true for the bosses. There is no transparency and we're left in the dark daily. I wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemy. We have horrible benefits and are promised monthly that they are working on returning the 401 K match and other lost benefits only to be let down month after month. This company only looks at their bottom line, could care less about patient safety, and treat the employees like trash. I'm sure once we're making them more money they'll sell us to the highest bidder.

Advice to Management

Bring back the benefits we've been promised for the last year and live by your so called CHOICE values. Realize that the reason you're losing valuable employees is because of your VP's and C suite suits. Your turnover is because of these individuals that have no business running a medical company. Healthcare is not grilling a steak or selling Lazy Boys.

"Worst Place I've Ever Worked"

I have been working at Laser Spine Institute full-time

Pros

The people that you work with are the only reason to keep coming in to work everyday. Otherwise, it's not worth it.

Cons

Focus is on pushing as many patients as possible for surgery and not on patient safety
    Poor management
    Unorganized
    Poor benefits
    No 401k
    New CEO is arrogant and gets upset when we ask questions that he can't answer during our open forum meetings

Advice to Management

Get better management. Stop micromanaging.

"Spine Care Consultant"

I have been working at Laser Spine Institute full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are good people that work here and care for patients. It is rewarding to see the fruit of your labor and see patients transform their lives.

Cons

There is not transparency from management. Feels like you are left in the dark most times.

Advice to Management

Please be more transparent. You are dealing with grown ups that have families to care for.

"I would give ZERO stars if I could! Horrible"

Former Employee - Medicare Sales Representative in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Medicare Sales Representative in Tampa, FL

I worked at Laser Spine Institute (More than a year)

Pros

If you consider free coffee a "pro" then I guess that would be it

Cons

So many cons, so little time! Their success rate is BS. They have incompetent management, people that couldn't manage a colony of ants much less a sales team. If you aren't sleeping with a manager, you work your butt off to get leads and still don't hit goal. They constantly change commission structure making it harder and harder to make money. Every person I know that is still there is miserable. My advice...get a job at Starbucks, you'll be much happier and have more benefits

Advice to Management

Stop pretending this is some wonderful place to work. I've been in the sales industry for over 15 years with Fortune 500 companies and LSI has become a joke.

"Best place I've ever worked"

I have been working at Laser Spine Institute full-time

Pros

- The CHOICE values are very much alive at Laser Spine Institute and still mean something to most employees. They are a reminder of how to treat our patients and teammates.

- I've been fortunate to work here with some of the brightest and most talented professionals that I've ever met.

- Culture is very important to the organization, and our leaders are always looking for ways to make teammates feel appreciated.

- This is the only place I've ever worked where I feel like my work actually makes a difference in someone's life.

- I have no doubt that Roger Cary is the right person to lead this organization, and I'm excited to see where he takes us in the coming months and years.

Cons

- There have been a number of changes over the last 18 months, but these changes are ones that companies of our size often have to handle.

- While it's true that a few benefits have been lost, some have already been restored and others are on the way.

- The traffic getting in and out of the building can be a bit busy if you are caught in it during peak times.

Advice to Management

- Keep innovating and making us better.

- The overwhelming majority of this organization has your back and knows we're on our way to places we've never been.

"What a terrible company!!"

Former Employee - Spine Care Consultant in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Spine Care Consultant in Tampa, FL

I worked at Laser Spine Institute full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay and co workers. I have to write 20 words minimum so I'm just trying to fill in space because there is no other pros on this.

Cons

Ha. Where do I start!
    No work life balance
    Can't move up unless you know a manager and like to brown nose.
    10-12 hr days.
    Can't have an opinion of your own or approach management about an idea if you value your job
    Most managers didn't make it as a consultant so let's move them up and train other...makes sense.
    Oh, did I mention if they don't like you for whatever reason, you will never move up or anywhere.
    They have their little clicks and those are the people promoted.
    Their metrics are BS
    THEY DONT CARE ABOUT THE PATIENT, ONLY THE MONEY THAT IS BROUGHT IN.

Advice to Management

Quit promoting people that don't deserve it and go back to when your actually cared about the patient being taken care of!