Laser Spine Institute Reviews | Glassdoor

Laser Spine Institute Reviews

Updated July 13, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I love working with LSI because they appreciates and recognized their employees hard work (in 10 reviews)

• During the time I was with LSI, they offered a great benefits package and great compensation (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Also, work life balance is a challenge at times (in 10 reviews)

• No work/life balance, working 10-12 hour days is demanded (in 4 reviews)

"DON'T DO IT"

Former Employee - Office Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Office Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Laser Spine Institute full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Met some very nice people. The majority of the people are great to work with. It was a learning experience...

Cons

This organization is very one-sided. There is no work-life balance. If you make a mistake, you will probably get written up. Then your days are numbered. Upper management will only listen to one side of the story, so if you're not a suck-up, you are basically screwed. They will lie to your face to try to appease you and stab you in the back when you turn around. Major financial problems within the company has resulted in employees loss of several benefits and contribution to very low moral. Salaries are not competitive.

Advice to Management

Don't lie to your employees.

"New focus show promise"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Laser Spine Institute full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great coworkers, beautiful building, we really do change lives. There have been some tough transitions and I miss many of my friends that were part of the cuts. New lean leadership was instituted from on the ground floor employees that worked together. I must admit many of the ideas are innovative. If you work there, now is the time to speak up to be part of the change. The changes have potential to breathe new life into the company. Roger Cary wants to make LSI a strong organization and I think he is dedicated to making that happen. His experience is an asset to the company.

Cons

Layoffs were tough and brought down morale. If remaining employees are unhappy they need to look inward and decide if they want to stay. For those who want to stay, they need to be all in and give it a chance. Benefits were decreased but it sounds like they will be restored.

Advice to Management

Stay committed to positive change. Please keep listening. Keep communication lines open--the town hall is a great start. If key managers aren't uplifting the team and creating positive change, take another look at leadership roles.

"Values and integrity don't mean a thing"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at Laser Spine Institute full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There used to be many pros to working here, however as of the past year, there are none I can think of. The surgery is benefiting and the patients are helped

Cons

Now that I don't work here I can speak freely. HR management needs an overhaul. The entire management team of that department is immature and nothing is kept confidential. If you go to them for ANYTHING, then they talk about you. They don't work in a secluded area, and need to remember that others around can hear them.

Advice to Management

They know what they need to do. It doesn't matter what anyone says. If you open your mouth, you will be gone too so there's no such thing as taking advice.

"Wouldn't want my worse enemy to work here."

I worked at Laser Spine Institute full-time

Pros

Built some great relationships with people that I can call friends outside of work. Helped a lot of people that were in pain.

Cons

Customer care is so micro-managed, choice values are a joke, new ceo, when you have you interview and are offered a position they promise more than they are willing to follow through with, small desks, management was never helpful when you needed help. Expect us to lie to patients because they are short staffed and will not hire people where needed.

"Great experience, great culture!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at Laser Spine Institute full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Overall I had a wonderful experience at LSI. Its culture and people are the best, there is a real sense of placing patient's interests first. It was really moving to experience patient testimonials and see how the company makes real and dramatic positive impacts in people's lives. My manager and team mates made it for a fun work environment, and every day I looked forward to coming in to work!

Cons

LSI has been through some turbulent times, financially speaking, resulting in layoffs. Unfortunately the layoffs were handled poorly, which resulted in multiple back to back rounds. This in turn caused a large downturn in employee morale and a large exodus of talented people. Dropping major benefits, such as 401k match, has made obtaining and retaining top talent all the more difficult. As an organization its trying its best to mature and dig itself out of the hole it created for itself, with mixed success.

Advice to Management

Securing a new CEO with healthcare experience was a great move. Continue listening to your employees, and overall continue fostering the wonderful culture that makes LSI great! When finances permit, renew your focus on attracting and retaining top talent.

"senior consultant"

Current Employee - Patient Coordinator in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Patient Coordinator in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Laser Spine Institute full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

very driven company. Good ethics. Good opportunity.

Cons

Young management team without alot of experience.

"A Spine Care Consultant's view"

Current Employee - Spine Care Consultant in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Spine Care Consultant in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Laser Spine Institute full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Incentives, kudos, feedback, one-on-one coaching, improvement plans, manager support, getting to work with patients and watch them through a process that can truly be life-altering. Understanding, caring management who are open to feedback and understand the challenges of this position. Good potential for high earnings if the time and effort is put in.

Cons

Work-life balance; in order to perform at a high level, it takes a lot of energy, time and commitment- more so than any other job I've had. It has required sacrifices in non-work life. Other challenges include the constant changes in insurance coverage with the company and the difficulty in explaining out of pocket costs to patients, the reasons for these costs, and how their insurance works with us very differently than what they are used to.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work in being open to feedback from employees. We know the company has been through many changes and appreciate the dedication to maintaining the culture. I also look forward to seeing our new CEO take more of a healthcare approach and less of a sales approach to our organization. I don't think we need car and cell phone salesmen (hard sales experience) as much as we need caring, personable consultants with healthcare backgrounds.

"Great work atmosphere"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Laser Spine Institute full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Love working at LSI! Truly there for the patients

Cons

Terrible benefits package! Almost not worth the great pay

"Clear expecations and a great learning opportunity"

Former Employee - Spine Care Consultant in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Spine Care Consultant in Tampa, FL

I worked at Laser Spine Institute full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

LSI sets every employee up for success with phenomenal training. In fact, I was kind of bummed to finish training because it was so fun. The position itself is stressful if you do not have a background in sales but my managers and coworkers were all very helpful in those times of stress. During the time I was with LSI, they offered a great benefits package and great compensation. When I decided to end my career with LSI, they were more than fair with accumulated PTO and all bonuses owed.

Cons

Hours can be long. Goals can be stressful. If you don't enjoy being on the phone for hours on end, this may not be the position for you. However, these facts are clearly stated during the extensive interview process.

"Read Between the Lines..."

Former Employee - Manager in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Manager in Tampa, FL

I worked at Laser Spine Institute full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The new building had a lot of cool advantages. Ping pong, basketball, affairs and such. No experience needed or encouraged.

Cons

EVERYTHING. All current LSI employee's either are or have updated their resumes and those that haven't are the young, inexperienced, and not worthy of truly working in this industry. Nothing to offer and know they are currently peaking. LSI has gone thru 3 layoff's and currently are gearing up for a 4th (way to go), couldn't get it right the first 3 times, that right there should tell all something prior to interviewing. I happen to firmly believe that everyone in a management role should have been let go and replaced with older, more experienced medical professionals. Everything you read about nepotism is true. HR did not protect me and I haven't seen them do much of anything except attempt to look pretty. Very unapproachable. Work affairs are everywhere but because sons/parents, wives/husbands, and sisters/brothers etc all work there the company has no implemented fraternization policy in place. The stuff that we all witness openly is not only disgusting, but encouraged and gee now we wonder why work was never completed and the company is currently in the position it is in. Luckily, I found other employment because all current employees are going to work every single day wondering if today is the day they will get the news that they are done, because that day is approaching. So what do you think that says about morale? Exactly.

Advice to Management

Lay off EVERYONE in a management role and actually prove that you care about saving the company. No one cares anymore. Morale will never return for long term employees that use to work for the "coolest" company in town. LSI use to give give give and those employees had no problem taking taking taking but now, no one cares about performing because the party is over. Current employees are useless now. Stop laying off the lower level employees and if you want your company to actually succeed again, replace ALL MANAGEMENT with experience.