Laser Spine Institute Reviews | Glassdoor

Laser Spine Institute Reviews

Updated March 24, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • I love working with LSI because they appreciates and recognized their employees hard work (in 9 reviews)

• It's awesome working at a place where you are able to help people everyday (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Lack of work-life balance, but luckily it's a fun place to spend many hours (in 8 reviews)

• They believe in CHOICE values that apparently are nothing but fluff to get you drinking the koolaid (in 5 reviews)

"What happened???"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Pros

Benefits, nice facility to work in which they can't afford now.

Cons

Work yourself to death in the name of helping others get their life back while the top spends the profits on Executive Salaries/perks. Hypocrisy at its best.

Advice to Management

Go to the bottom and see what goes on!

"RN"

I have been working at Laser Spine Institute (More than a year)

Pros

Love the people I work with

Cons

They have stripped us of benefits

"Same Crap different management"

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Laser Spine Institute full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you like to be micro managed, talked down too, or just need a job while looking somewhere else for a better opportunity, then this is the place for you! It comes with all those downsides and more! Including but not limited too, people in charge who don't know their butts from a hole in a wall and speaking of which if you're a smoker take all the time you want killing yourself but if you go to the bathroom for longer than 5-10 minutes you might get questioned by HR why you didn't clock out for it! It's really awesome!

Cons

David Pillsbury is the CON! All the idiots who want to work for someone who has NO experience running a medical company well just keep drinking the kool-aid that will eventually poison the company of no return. Managers and execs replaced by sheep that bring their excellent micro managing skills and lack of knowledge is exactly what this place was missing! If you decide you want to work for a place that just like my review has explained what you're really getting hired to do well you prob deserve to be stepped on talked down too and will eventually quit or get fired from

Advice to Management

Sell the company to people who know what they're doing and bring actual managers and execs who realize the value the employees bring

"Growing Pains Make you Stronger"

Pros

We change lives every day and give our patients an amazing patient experience. The LSI employees are a family who care about each other.

Cons

The company is going through growing pains but all great companies do, and all great people do.

Advice to Management

Stay the course. David Pillsbury is leading the company to a new era of growth and prosperity. He needed to work on the foundation which had some cracks. This work is hard and not for the faint of heart but the company will be positioned to impact more patient lives and the employees will cheer in the long run. It's hard to see the layoffs and reduction of benefits as something positive because it is hard on us, but the company needed to get prepared for a strong and bright future which means some tough decisions needed to be made. So many people are loyal to this great company because of what it stands for. Stand Tall!

"Great culture!!"

Pros

Our leaders are dedicated to making this a fun and healthy environment!

Cons

I do not have any cons about this place!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! this is the best company I have ever worked for - of course there will always be bumps in the road - but your dedication to stay the course is inspiring!

"Was great, was an honor to be there but not so sure now"

Pros

Helping Patients, great employees long lasting friendships

Cons

Fired Long term employees even the good ones so sad

"watching from the sidelines while everyone leaves..."

I worked at Laser Spine Institute full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I loved working at LSI when I started. I believed in their philosophy of CHOICE values. It was also heartwarming seeing surgeries changing peoples lives.

Cons

CHOICE values slowly fell to the side and replaced with low morale. Layoffs, loss of benefits, loss of incentives. So many management positions being vacated is a big cause for worry, I think they are jumping ship because they see the storm coming.

Advice to Management

I think this ship has sailed

"Registered Nurse"

I have been working at Laser Spine Institute full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Changing patient lives every day makes my job rewarding. For those who like to complain about their jobs, go find a new one if you're unhappy. Your attitude, whether positive or negative, will make your job either successful or a failure. It doesn't matter what company you work for. There are issues with any job. That's why it's a job. If it's only fun your looking for then play the lotto. Consider yourself lucky if you have a job. Some people are on unemployment with no opportunities at all. This company offers many opportunities at advancement if you're willing to work hard. Some have commented that only people in a certain crowd or a person willing to participate in unprofessional behavior can be promoted. That's simply not true. I've received a few promotions and I'm not part of any "group" and I've never participated in anything unprofessional.

Cons

There have been changes to some benefits but they will come back. It's going to be 12 months of buckling down and spending smarter but they will come back.

Advice to Management

Continue hiring smart people, people with experience in their job field, and we will be great again.

"Be cautious"

Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner
    Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner

I have been working at Laser Spine Institute full-time

Pros

Technologically sound company with good patient outcomes

Cons

Not family or employee friendly

"Good luck!"

Pros

The patients are very sweet.

Cons

They are down sizing unfortunately.

Advice to Management

None