Laser Spine Institute Reviews | Glassdoor

Laser Spine Institute Reviews

Updated October 29, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I love working with LSI because they appreciates and recognized their employees hard work (in 10 reviews)

• During the time I was with LSI, they offered a great benefits package and great compensation (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Also, work life balance is a challenge at times (in 12 reviews)

• No work/life balance, working 10-12 hour days is demanded (in 6 reviews)

"Best work experience I've had"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Laser Spine Institute full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great culture, leadership stands by their stated values and cares about you as a person
    - Comfortable, functional work environment
    - Resources to be successful are available
    - Fun atmosphere that makes you look forward to come to work
    -Genuinely committed to patient care

Cons

- It's a growing company that doesn't have some of the systems in place as more established companies I've worked for
    - Some bumps in finances and upper management changes in previous year have created some uncertainty and lowered morale

Advice to Management

Keep making structural decisions to retain the long-term stability of the company.

Stay committed to your employees by keeping it a fun but hard working atmosphere.

Try to stay competitive with benefits and compensation

"Don't apply there and think twice if you have any self respect"

I worked at Laser Spine Institute full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Can't think of anything positive to say. It is regular hours if I had something positive to say about Laser Spine Institute.

Cons

Caustic environment. This site continues to send me my old job position that was not filled since my unfairly forced departure.

Advice to Management

Get new management

"Great experience overall."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at Laser Spine Institute full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great job opportunities to grow and have a substantial impact on the business. Incredible focus on development and career growth. Felt good knowing that the work was improving the lives of the patients and their families. It was hard for me to leave.

Cons

Scale and speed which come along with innovations and process improvements.

Advice to Management

Continue to drive openness, challenge upper management and keep the patient first mentality.

"Used to be a great place"

I worked at Laser Spine Institute full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get to work with some wonderful people on your level. I'd even go as far to call a lot of them my friends. The culture used to be top notch, laid back for a corporate place, and a strong willingness to get newer employees acclimated to the environment. It was a truly a great place, and I loved it, but it changed.

Cons

Dotty leaving was the big turn for the worse. You could argue that things were going downhill before she left, but it was her departure* that really signified the downward spiral that company is on. New management and a gross mismanagement of funds killed the culture they prided themselves on. People in IT were mysteriously leaving one-by-one while I was there. Layoffs were happening in waves. And a lot of murmurs went around about the financial struggles. This is all while they have the funds to hire friends or family into the C-suite. They told us this is because it's the process of growing a business. Must be using alternative facts if that's the case. I could share many stories, but they are personal for this site.

*the official reason is because she wanted to "pursue other interests", which is basically corporate-speak for "the board hounded her out of there"

Advice to Management

Pray that Karma doesn't exist.

"If you aren't in sales, you don't matter"

I worked at Laser Spine Institute full-time

Pros

My coworkers were nice and there is often food around the office. The holiday party is usually pretty fun. There are a few good people there.

Cons

Basically, if you aren't a surgeon or aren't on the sales team, you are disposable and unimportant. There is little room for growth or development. They do not treat employees well. Good people leave quickly so nothing ever improves.

Advice to Management

Remember that all of the departments are vital to the success of the organization and everyone has a role to play in supporting the sales team so their success is shared by everyone.

"Don't say we didn't warn ya"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at Laser Spine Institute full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I loved LSI. I literally ate slept and bled LSI. For four long years I loved my position(s) and enjoyed coming to work everyday. Until they hit the ice berg and refused to admit we were all going down

Cons

Promoting family members over people who actually deserve it. Being black balled. Being lied to by management. I was left go due to budget cuts and STILL came back a few month later. They spend money on ridiculous things and tried to fix it by firing everyone while there are executives making millions of dollars for doing nothing. Don't fall for the facade

Advice to Management

Transparency. Stop lying. Stop promoting people who don't deserve it. Fix the problem that actually caused you to lose millions of dollars.

"DON'T DO IT"

Former Employee - Office Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Office Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Laser Spine Institute full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Met some very nice people. The majority of the people are great to work with. It was a learning experience...

Cons

This organization is very one-sided. There is no work-life balance. If you make a mistake, you will probably get written up. Then your days are numbered. Upper management will only listen to one side of the story, so if you're not a suck-up, you are basically screwed. They will lie to your face to try to appease you and stab you in the back when you turn around. Major financial problems within the company has resulted in employees loss of several benefits and contribution to very low moral. Salaries are not competitive.

Advice to Management

Don't lie to your employees.

"Great culture but going through some growing pains"

I worked at Laser Spine Institute full-time

Pros

Amazing company culture, nice new building, fun staff

Cons

Small working stations. Poor young management. Changed CEOs 2 times in 2 years.

"Best to Worst"

I worked at Laser Spine Institute full-time

Pros

Made some good friends for life.

Cons

Greed and pride has taken the company down. Now super micro managed. How much sugar from an onion can you get? NONE.

Advice to Management

Be kind to your employees as morale is at an ultimate low.

"New focus show promise"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Laser Spine Institute full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great coworkers, beautiful building, we really do change lives. There have been some tough transitions and I miss many of my friends that were part of the cuts. New lean leadership was instituted from on the ground floor employees that worked together. I must admit many of the ideas are innovative. If you work there, now is the time to speak up to be part of the change. The changes have potential to breathe new life into the company. Roger Cary wants to make LSI a strong organization and I think he is dedicated to making that happen. His experience is an asset to the company.

Cons

Layoffs were tough and brought down morale. If remaining employees are unhappy they need to look inward and decide if they want to stay. For those who want to stay, they need to be all in and give it a chance. Benefits were decreased but it sounds like they will be restored.

Advice to Management

Stay committed to positive change. Please keep listening. Keep communication lines open--the town hall is a great start. If key managers aren't uplifting the team and creating positive change, take another look at leadership roles.