Laser Spine Institute Reviews | Glassdoor

Laser Spine Institute Reviews

Updated December 15, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I love working with LSI because they appreciates and recognized their employees hard work (in 10 reviews)

• During the time I was with LSI, they offered a great benefits package and great compensation (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Also, work life balance is a challenge at times (in 12 reviews)

• No work/life balance, working 10-12 hour days is demanded (in 6 reviews)

"New focus show promise"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Laser Spine Institute full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great coworkers, beautiful building, we really do change lives. There have been some tough transitions and I miss many of my friends that were part of the cuts. New lean leadership was instituted from on the ground floor employees that worked together. I must admit many of the ideas are innovative. If you work there, now is the time to speak up to be part of the change. The changes have potential to breathe new life into the company. Roger Cary wants to make LSI a strong organization and I think he is dedicated to making that happen. His experience is an asset to the company.

Cons

Layoffs were tough and brought down morale. If remaining employees are unhappy they need to look inward and decide if they want to stay. For those who want to stay, they need to be all in and give it a chance. Benefits were decreased but it sounds like they will be restored.

Advice to Management

Stay committed to positive change. Please keep listening. Keep communication lines open--the town hall is a great start. If key managers aren't uplifting the team and creating positive change, take another look at leadership roles.

"Good luck if you're not a manager."

I have been working at Laser Spine Institute full-time (More than a year)

Pros

We change patients' lives, management is very open-door (in my experience)

Cons

If you are management, you can easily make $100k+ in a year, plus commissions. If you are lower level, you are lucky to make $30k, even though you may work harder than your managers. The workload is unbalanced, and not fairly paid at all. Upper level executives are constantly hired for six-figure salaries, but they lay off the employees who actually work with and bring in patients to make our company work.

Advice to Management

Cut the pay for managers and raise the pay of lower-level, hard-working employees. Reduce nepotism. Create a no-fraternization policy, so that managers can stop favoritism among their employees. Set reasonable goals, rather than setting the team up for failure every month. Executives need to actually get out and be around the teams, not hidden in the C-Suite all of the time. Interact. Remember that the team is there to support our patients and support their families. Not to make you a bonus check. One of your values is "integrity". Act like it.

"Nurse"

Pros

Good pay and benefits at the time when I was working. Cigna, 401k, and PTO. I enjoyed most of the people I worked with

Cons

Have you ever watched the, "Wolf of Wall Street" then you'll know that this is exactly what the company was like on the inside. I saw a storm coming back in mid 2015 and then I see friends getting laid off from all departments, with 5+ years of service. Competition just is too hot right now with minimally invasive spinal surgeries

Advice to Management

No words

"Wouldn't want my worse enemy to work here."

I worked at Laser Spine Institute full-time

Pros

Built some great relationships with people that I can call friends outside of work. Helped a lot of people that were in pain.

Cons

Customer care is so micro-managed, choice values are a joke, new ceo, when you have you interview and are offered a position they promise more than they are willing to follow through with, small desks, management was never helpful when you needed help. Expect us to lie to patients because they are short staffed and will not hire people where needed.

"Ok Company"

I worked at Laser Spine Institute full-time

Pros

good people, good pay, no nights, weekends or holidays

Cons

management, management, management, management, management! They are more focused on the numbers and money then their staff

"So much potential wasted away"

I worked at Laser Spine Institute full-time

Pros

An amazing product with fabulous doctors!

Cons

Management heavy
    They dont listen to the employees who know whats going on and this has caused the downfall of the company
    choice values are gone

Advice to Management

Open your ears and shut your mouths. Not everyone knows everything and you can get farther as a team if everyone could just listen and respect one another

"Used to be good"

I have been working at Laser Spine Institute full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

No weekends. No nights. Free coffee...for now. Having hard time thinking of more to be honest. It is not good at all.

Cons

ANOTHER round of massive layoffs on march 20th has left the team that made the cut turn into zombies at work, looking for new jobs, and just going thru the motions. Morale at all time low. Tired of the lies and greed that turned this company into a shell of what it once was. Sad.

Advice to Management

What's to say? Nothing will get accomplished.

"Great experience, great culture!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at Laser Spine Institute full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Overall I had a wonderful experience at LSI. Its culture and people are the best, there is a real sense of placing patient's interests first. It was really moving to experience patient testimonials and see how the company makes real and dramatic positive impacts in people's lives. My manager and team mates made it for a fun work environment, and every day I looked forward to coming in to work!

Cons

LSI has been through some turbulent times, financially speaking, resulting in layoffs. Unfortunately the layoffs were handled poorly, which resulted in multiple back to back rounds. This in turn caused a large downturn in employee morale and a large exodus of talented people. Dropping major benefits, such as 401k match, has made obtaining and retaining top talent all the more difficult. As an organization its trying its best to mature and dig itself out of the hole it created for itself, with mixed success.

Advice to Management

Securing a new CEO with healthcare experience was a great move. Continue listening to your employees, and overall continue fostering the wonderful culture that makes LSI great! When finances permit, renew your focus on attracting and retaining top talent.

"senior consultant"

Current Employee - Patient Coordinator in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Patient Coordinator in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Laser Spine Institute full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

very driven company. Good ethics. Good opportunity.

Cons

Young management team without alot of experience.

"A Spine Care Consultant's view"

Current Employee - Spine Care Consultant in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Spine Care Consultant in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Laser Spine Institute full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Incentives, kudos, feedback, one-on-one coaching, improvement plans, manager support, getting to work with patients and watch them through a process that can truly be life-altering. Understanding, caring management who are open to feedback and understand the challenges of this position. Good potential for high earnings if the time and effort is put in.

Cons

Work-life balance; in order to perform at a high level, it takes a lot of energy, time and commitment- more so than any other job I've had. It has required sacrifices in non-work life. Other challenges include the constant changes in insurance coverage with the company and the difficulty in explaining out of pocket costs to patients, the reasons for these costs, and how their insurance works with us very differently than what they are used to.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work in being open to feedback from employees. We know the company has been through many changes and appreciate the dedication to maintaining the culture. I also look forward to seeing our new CEO take more of a healthcare approach and less of a sales approach to our organization. I don't think we need car and cell phone salesmen (hard sales experience) as much as we need caring, personable consultants with healthcare backgrounds.