LaserAway Director of Sales Reviews | Glassdoor

LaserAway Director of Sales Reviews

Updated Feb 9, 2017

Found 8 reviews

4.5
LaserAway CEO Dr. Roy S. Winston (no image)
Dr. Roy S. Winston

"Excellent experience with LaserAway!"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LaserAway full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I enjoy being a valued team member. I enjoy being challenged in a competitive work environment Growth opportunities are great Excellent marketing and lead generation practices Pays well A company with integrity Strong sales force, but equally strong customer service focus Fun and positive work environment Great culture New developments and continual improvements I love it!

Cons

Every day is different, so it's a great place for someone who is not rigid or inflexible. Commute can be long, but it's the Bay so that's common Competitive, you must be on your A game

LaserAway2017-02-09

"Sales Director"

Director of Sales in San Diego, CA

I have been working at LaserAway

Pros

I love it here! The staff, the girls, the nurses, the regional, to the owner- AMAZING! The pay is great and I love everyone I work with, they truly care for your well being and I do not regret leaving my last job as an Account Executive to work for LaserAway!

Cons

I couldn't think of any cons that I couldn't handle. They say management needs to do better at training, but really, the best way for me to learn is on my own. They give you the tools and don't baby you through the process. I look at it like my own business. Not enough hours in the day to sell!!! Lol

Advice to Management

Please fix shortcuts!

LaserAway2015-09-10

"Sales Director"

Former Employee - Sales Director in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at LaserAway part-time for less than a year

Pros

Good money IF and ONLY IF you an get into one of their 'busy' stores. Unlikely, as people who have been there for years get priority and refuse to leave. Pretty offices for the most part. Many locations. Pay on time.

Cons

The salary for Sales Director is MUCH lower than stated on glassdoor. That salary is for a couple people working full-time in their busiest locations. Training manager, is a mirco-manging nut. The CEOs hire on the spot. Your position is ALWAYS posted on indeed.com, Craigslist, etc. They overstaff with "Sales Directors" and promise them positions at stores near where they live, then you will eventually come to find... out NO positions are actually open at ANY of their stores. They will have you 'assist' other Sales Directors for $12/hr, make HUNDREDS of cold calls from their customer lists (aka birthday list) only to force you to give the sales you make to the main Sales Director at that particular store. You are basically there to 'telemarket' for the store and aid the actual Sales Manager of the store. If you are a new employee, they will have you work at their NEW stores in areas far from where you live. New stores have NO traffic. Without traffic, it is extremely difficult to make any commission. The new stores take up to a year to actually generate business and revenue. The only people you will actual get to meet with are from GROUPON. If it is a Groupon customer, you don't get the sale. You only get the sale if you UPSELL them to a higher grade package. There are much better deals on Groupon than what laseraway offers and customers prefer to fully use their groupon before purchasing a larger package. These people are typically looking for a deal and don't want to spend extra money. The busiest stores they have are San Jose, Walnut Creek, Santa Monica, West Hollywood, OC, and San Diego. All the other stores have far less customer base and much less revenue for you to make commissions. They will have you 'train' and 'assist' as long as possible, give you a few part time shifts here and there to keep you waiting for a full-time position that doesn't actually exist. Conveniently, the days you actually get to work there will be few or NO consultations for you to actually 'close'. That is because the full time Sales Director will make sure to schedule/reschedule consults for the days THEY work there. I met several other employees going through the same thing all hoping for a full time position and all hearing the same promises. Some had been waiting 1.5 years to actually get one and it is usually only when they open a new store. They also rarely allow you to get free treatments as an employee. They mainly go to friends of the owners and nurses. Stay away, this place treats their customers badly and lies to their employees.

Advice to Management

Stop lying to new hires and putting them in the back office to do cold calls. Stop promising them shifts and not even giving them one day a week to sell. Stop overstaffing! The only way for people to be successful is to build a rapport with customers by being in the office regularly.

LaserAway2015-09-27

"Miss the pay lol"

Former Employee - Sales Director in San Diego, CA

I worked at LaserAway part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I was making a lot of money before I moved. I was at my clinic for over 3 years and developed a very consistent client base. I was making over 15k a month and it was getting easier :(. I pretty much left a cash cow for the person that replaced me and from what I hear she has been doing very well. Open a clinic in Texas LaserAway!

Cons

I had to deal with some client issues caused by the director before me. It took me almost 4 months patch things up with customers that felt like they were mistreated. I wish there were stricter rules to prevent that from happening. Corporate needs to do a better job of learning what is happening in the stores AND treatment rooms.

Advice to Management

overall I thought management were better than any previous jobs I have had, they made sure we were taken care of and able to do our job as well as we could by dealing with any mechanical fixes as efficient as possible.

LaserAway2015-05-15

"Great people to work with"

Former Employee - Sales Director in San Diego, CA

I worked at LaserAway part-time for more than a year

Pros

I really miss the staff at LaserAway. My nurses were my homegirls. Management was super supportive (as long as my sales were good). The hours were good too. I never worked a 6th day in the year that I was there. When I was pregnant they were really flexible with my schedule and were willing to work with me to get days when I wanted them.

Cons

Getting days at first can be very tough. They have a lot of people trying out for the positions and they can be hesitant to give anybody a full time postion off the bat. Just bare with the initiation process. Once you are in the mix, it gets a lot better. Also, the training process serves as an additional interview for them so its impoprtant to make sure that you are impressing the trainer if you want to get... days.

Advice to Management

Create more positions for new hires

LaserAway2015-02-24

"Love my job"

Current Employee - Sales Director in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at LaserAway full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The pay is great. My cowokers are awesome and it’s the beauty industry. I have worked in real estate my whole life and hated it. Its great to have clients come in that know my name and give me money lol. If you are looking to get into this industry I'd recommend LaserAway because a lot of other places can be shady or dont have great technology, They also seem to put a lot of money into advertising so there is a... steady source of leads coming in.

Cons

The schedule can be crazy at times and sometimes waiting patients can be irratating and have to be handled like children. Some clients are animals and can really make your life difficult. After a while you learn how to handle them and if worst comes to worst you can refund them and cut them off. I wish LaserAway would change their refund policy actually and NOT refund once a package is bought.

Advice to Management

Schedule more shifts. 8 hour days arent enough for the traffic

LaserAway2015-01-22

"Great people and great pay"

Current Employee - Director of Sales in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at LaserAway full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pays great and great people. I make twice what I did at my old sales position and I get to work in the beauty industry. I haven't made less than 10k per month since I started full time. The hours are easy 10-6, 12-8. It's also fun to be a part of a growing company.

Cons

Its a sales position so you have to hit your numbers. They hire a lot of really talented salespeople so you have to really fight to stay near the top.

Advice to Management

Hire more nurses so we can do more treatments. The schedule is pretty hectic.

LaserAway2014-10-09

"Unprofessional"

Current Employee - Director Sales in Lake Forest, CA

I have been working at LaserAway full-time for less than a year

Pros

None none none none none

Cons

Don't pay me my bonus, lasers always broken, medical staff a joke, owners are liars

Advice to Management

Trust your sales managers to make simple in store decisions

LaserAway2014-10-04