LaserAway Registered Nurse Reviews | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Registered Nurse

LaserAway Registered Nurse Reviews

Updated Sep 11, 2019

3.2
LaserAway CEO Dr. Roy S. Winston (no image)
Dr. Roy S. Winston

"Great Company! LOVE Being a Part of Team LA!"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Walnut Creek, CA

I have been working at LaserAway full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love LaserAway! Not only are my coworkers AMAZING but it is such a fun job! Helping boost our patient's self-confidence and helping them feel their best is the most amazing feeling! One of the best things about working at LaserAway as a clinician is that compensation is not commission based. You also have a consistent schedule instead of just working on an as-needed basis which is pretty common in aesthetic... dermatology. You also get trained on a variety of different treatments FOR FREE! You also don't have to worry about working hospital shift hours which is. a huge plus! Weekend availability is a requirement but you get off at 6 PM on weekends so that's not too bad. There are also many opportunities for career advancement which is great if you are looking to stay with a company long-term. I highly recommend LaserAway!

Cons

No tuition reimbursement or tuition assistance for continuing education.

LaserAway2019-02-08
  2. "Its fine"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in San Diego, CA

I have been working at LaserAway full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

It is an easy job that does not require much thought

Cons

Schedule overbooking from front desk, call you on your days off

LaserAway2019-09-11

"Under appreciate nursing staff"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse

I have been working at LaserAway full-time

Pros

Great way to get your feet wet in the aesthetics field of nursing

Cons

Nurses feel under appreciated. They over work you without fair compensation (no bonus structure, no commission, they don’t allow you to accept tips). Everyone is replaceable mentality

Advice to Management

Appreciate your medical staff as much as you appreciate your sales staff

LaserAway2019-05-06

"No benefits"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse

I have been working at LaserAway full-time for more than a year

Pros

1 free laser treatment a month

Cons

Horrible benefits package, schedule not flexible. Pay is not comparable to other RN positions elsewhere. Feels as if sales gets more respect than the actual registered nurses. The environment seems punitive. Nursing ethics are not valued her. There is no compensation for advancing your degree (ex ASN to BSN) or certifications.

Advice to Management

Better insurance packages, this company makes a lot of money. Better scheduling so people can actually spend time with family or further their education. MATERNITY LEAVE!! You have a female driven staff and no paid maternity leave?!

LaserAway2019-04-17

"Unrealistic expectations regarding the balancing of quality care and allotted time/ vistit."

Former Employee - Staff RN in San Jose, CA

I worked at LaserAway part-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible scheduling for PT employees, monthly discounts on services provided for benefitted employees

Cons

Lower than average pay, unrealistic expectations to perform services effectively within time given, minimum wage pay during training hours (most mandatory for employment)

Advice to Management

Make an informed decision on which direction you wish to go with the company long-term... maintaining quality , loyal clientele by providing a spa-style customer service based and a reputation of a high-end company, or a low-quality first-time (only time) customer-based "one size fits all mentality" and popular for Groupon discounts? You can't effectively have your cake and eat it , too for much longer.

LaserAway2019-03-13
  6. "RN Injector"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at LaserAway full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Bonuses Allergan Partnership Industry Leader in Aesthetic Dermatology

Cons

no tuition assistance available for continuing education

LaserAway2019-01-30

"3/5"

Registered Nurse

I worked at LaserAway

Pros

Occasional free treatments, I liked my coworkers

Cons

NPs who are never around show up at random times and create more problems.

LaserAway2019-02-01

"Registered nurse"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Walnut Creek, CA

I worked at LaserAway full-time for less than a year

Pros

Loved it!! The medical staff is amazing and go above and beyond for all their clients! Great atmosphere and the work is fun

Cons

Sometimes it can be challenging combining medical with sales staff. Some sales staff can be pushy and try to convince the nurses to do unsafe or ineffective treatments

Advice to Management

To create a more cohesive team between sales and medical staff. Management is amazing and really supports medical staff a ton. Very flexible schedule and helpful

LaserAway2018-02-18

"Cosmetic RN"

Current Employee - Cosmetic RN in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at LaserAway part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great place to work where everyone feels like family in a beautiful environment. I love coming to work and getting to develop relationships with patients

Cons

5-8 hr work days are challenging whereas 12 hr work days would be amazing. It can be difficult changing a shift, especially if it's on a weekend. The communication with sales staff can be challenging as sales staff are often busy and preoccupied with their own job priorities.

Advice to Management

Listen to the nurses and medical staff and ask them for suggestions and improvements. Once sales do their part, the medical staff are the worker bees who spend the longest and most intimate time with patients.

LaserAway2017-06-15

"A fun job only"

Registered Nurse in San Diego, CA

I worked at LaserAway for less than a year

Pros

I worked there and it was a "fun" job while working. Not very stressful, I never left feeling exhausted or anything like with working in the hospital. And I didn't think/worry about going to work when I wasn't there. -The pay is decent for a medispa

Cons

Training: Extremely unorganized training! On my first day nobody was even expecting me. There is no training material and they expect you to do everything online which is totally unrealistic since there are only a certain number of iPads and they are typically being used by other nurses. A few times I showed up and the manager or whoever was supposed to open the store was over 30 min late so I was left sitting... outside, setting the whole schedule behind which I was then told I need to work on managing MY time. And this was when I was there less than a month. Overall, this was the worst, most unprofessional "training" experience I have ever had as a nurse or even at a job in my adult life. I could not run faster away from this job. Work Life: They float you around to all different locations which I didn't like since it seems more professional to get to establish a client base. Clients also do not like this since they cannot really request the same nurse so they can be irritated at getting totally different treatment styles every visit. And I don't think the company realizes that laser hair removal is an intimate and somewhat uncomfortable thing for many people and you want to be able to have the same nurse. I had my whole body done years ago prior to working here and had the same nurse the whole time. It was a nice experience. However, I would never go to Laser Away for touch ups because they just don't really care about making it a comfortable experience. Hours: Full-time is 4 days a week, which does not always equate to 32 hours. If you have a mortgage or kids or rely on a steady income, you won't find it with this job. It is very hard getting hours and you will probably have to drive to several different locations to do so. Healthcare: The company only contributes to the employee for healthcare. My family of 4 was $1,300 a month (much more than the marketplace).

Advice to Management

Better training materials. I get that you want to be paper free but if so, there should be a designated iPad for training purposes only. And the floating nurses to all different locations is very stressful and unprofessional for both the nurse and the client(s). Be more organized with the schedule and when you hire someone as guaranteed FT (32 hours), uphold that agreement.

LaserAway2016-10-29