LaserAway Reviews | Glassdoor

LaserAway Reviews

Updated Sep 16, 2019

Found 101 reviews

3.6
LaserAway CEO Dr. Roy S. Winston (no image)
Dr. Roy S. Winston
Pros
Cons
  • "Difficult to get full time position(in 6 reviews)

• "Some sales staff can be pushy and try to convince the nurses to do unsafe or ineffective treatments(in 5 reviews)

"Patient care coordinator"

Current Employee - Patient Care Coordinator in Dublin, CA

I have been working at LaserAway full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I haven’t enjoyed working anywhere as much as I have working at Laseraway. I had never worked in the industry before applying here but loved sales and was passionate about aesthetics and took the leap about 3 years ago. The uncapped commission is obviously attractive and I have made more money here than ever in my sales career. I also love that majority of the company is female which makes them stand out from the... predominantly male dominated corporate America. The company has grown so fast in the last 3 years and there has been so many opportunities to grow your career here. The team I have worked with over the years have become some of my best friends and most supportive in helping me achieve my career goals. I absolutely love working for LaserAway and could never see myself leaving.

Cons

The only con I can think of is the cost of benefits. It’s pretty expensive compared to where I have worked in the past.

Advice to Management

I believe our management team does a great job in developing our teams. They care about your career goals and will help you in achieving them.

LaserAway2019-06-26
  2. "The clinics lack management and structure"

I have been working at LaserAway

Pros

Relatively easy job and decent money if you get lead time.

Cons

The company lacks management, leadership, and structure, more specifically in certain regions. Everyone likes to point fingers but no one takes responsibility for their actions. The schedule is always a mess, customer service is seriously lacking, and management is a joke. This place has potential but things need to change, and it needs to change at the top.

Advice to Management

Do your job. Lead by example and create better structure for medical and sales. Hold people accountable for their actions.

LaserAway2019-09-16
  3. "Its fine"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in San Diego, CA

I have been working at LaserAway full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

It is an easy job that does not require much thought

Cons

Schedule overbooking from front desk, call you on your days off

LaserAway2019-09-11
  4. "Terrible place to work, honestly"

Current Employee - Medical Assistant

I have been working at LaserAway full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice patients Office is nice Free lunch sometimes

Cons

No benefits Rude Management Long Hours Terrible coworkers

Advice to Management

Pay more and offer benefits Stop breaking the law by not giving employees all of their overtime

LaserAway2019-09-04
  5. "wouldnt take the job if i knew the truth"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at LaserAway full-time for less than a year

Pros

fun. discounted services. easy.

Cons

Too large of a seperation between the people who can make the most money and the new people in the back office. sure theres opportunity but you need much more than "hard work" to get there. great job if you dont have bills or responsibilites

LaserAway2019-08-23
  6. "Unprofessional / unorganized"

Current Employee - Patient Coordinator in Dallas, TX

I have been working at LaserAway full-time for less than a year

Pros

The job in itself is easy, you don't have to take work home. You get a good discount on services.

Cons

This has been the most unorganized company I have worked for. The manager schedules you in different locations and they threaten to move you to part time if you don't hit your goal.. Goal is almost impossible to meet because the "lead" and "director" are able to get all walk ins and new leads before the PCC's are able to touch them. Pay is terrible and they have terrible benefits as well.

Advice to Management

they need to restructure how leads are called on and the whole sale operation.

LaserAway2019-08-19
  7. "Don’t be fooled!"

I worked at LaserAway full-time

Pros

Free treatments, snacks that come in a box monthly. Pay is decent.

Cons

Everything else you can think of. Benefits are SUPER expensive, only care about sales, no ethics and A LOT of favoritism.

Advice to Management

If you’re not a favorite you won’t get good schedule even if you are making your goals. Pay is decent and can be better if it were fair. Directors steal your sales, they have you move to different locations, no structure, new sales will kick off existing clients off the schedule and lie to clients as to why their appointment that was set over 4 weeks ago is now cancelled. No lunch breaks because they drill you in... selling and you’re pretty much scared to eat. Old lasers that break down, very “clicky” staff. Gotta play the game to be “in” Very high turn over. Don’t bother...

LaserAway2019-08-08
  8. "I regret spending that much time at this company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at LaserAway full-time for more than a year

Pros

Can be laid back at times.

Cons

Terrible insurance benefits, they offer a kaiser plan which you pay for entirely. Low pay across all levels. Management is constantly contradicting itself to both the sales and nursing staff. Are constantly lying to customers. Management is most effective at adding unnecessary stress. Dated equipment, for a company that claims to be at the forefront. The IPLs are especially as a joke. They buy very used LHRs and... then get upset and blame nurses when they go down. HR and accounting department are very inadequate for a company of that size. Accounting likes to wait till the last minute then make their problems your problems. Not much room for advancement and very high turnover of employees on sales staff and nursing staff. It's very obvious most of the management has not had much managing experience.

Advice to Management

Entire company management needs to take managing courses. They're behind the times, especially for the locations in which they reside.

LaserAway2019-08-08
  9. "It’s a family"

I have been working at LaserAway full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I’ve been with this company when they only had a 25 locations now were hitting 50!!! That just shows what LaserAway is all about...GROWTH! Been here through the thick and thin and i love the constant support I would get when i was on the brinks of leaving . LaserAway is truly a family i have while at work. I’ve already moved to two different departments and I just want to keep progressing and they help you along... the way.

Cons

The only con i think of is the benefits. It’s really expensive.

LaserAway2019-06-02

"I can not believe they have not been sued yet!!!!"

Former Employee - PCC in San Jose, CA

I worked at LaserAway full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working with great nurses

Cons

Unfair work structure, no real lunch breaks, unethical scheduling policies like canceling existing patient appointments in order to close a deal with a new patient and having staff lie to patients saying "a nurse call out sick" or "one of our lasers has gone down" I have never heard of a company flat out tells you to lie.

Advice to Management

Try being fair, thats all

LaserAway2019-06-22