Laserfiche Reviews in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Laserfiche CEO Chris Wacker
Chris Wacker

Pros
  • Also, free lunch, after work clubs/activities and good benefits help (in 40 reviews)

• Work/life balance if that's what's important to you (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Very high turnover of employees due to the above (in 15 reviews)

• Family-business management structure where relation is above ability (in 7 reviews)

"A place to innovate and challenge yourself"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Long Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Long Beach, CA

I have been working at Laserfiche full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Laserfiche is a perfect fit for motivated, self-starting and ambitious employees seeking to improve their professional capabilities in an expedited time frame. The company gives those who are ready to take a leap the resources and support to do so, allowing you to take on large, business critical initiatives and grow processes, programs and people from ground-up. The company has a healthy, supportive and positive vibe, ensuring employees feel supported and heard throughout their continued development. If you’re the person who doesn’t shy away from challenges and presents a plan rather than problems, you’ll do very well at the company. The company has a long-time history as a successful software company, with hundreds of thousands of active users and a promising vision / action towards the future. This historical reference provides career stability in addition to the ability to work with very experienced individuals in the ECM space. Finally, having a healthy work-life balance is almost unheard of in software, yet Laserfiche strongly embraces this value, keeping working schedules to predictable hours and adopting a promising vacation policy.

Cons

Senior Management at times has worked within a bootstrap mentality and have owned more decisions and pieces of the business than perhaps is best. I think this is due the history of the company as a family owned business who have relied on internal resources to generate success – which without a doubt have proven to work. As the company scales and continues to grow though, recognizing and admitting internal strengths and weaknesses – and sourcing external talent with career experience - then stepping back and letting decisions be made, for those areas with less experience – will continue to help the company thrive.

Advice to Management

- Recognize your personal and our organizational strengths and weaknesses – and supplement opportunities with additional experienced talent.
    - Drive decisions through proven and regularly tracked metrics.

2. "good place for new grad."

Former Intern - Intern in Long Beach, CA
    Former Intern - Intern in Long Beach, CA

I worked at Laserfiche as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

As a new grad, you can always get help from your manager, your co-workers. Friendly working environment

Cons

Hard to say whether it is a good place for your career. Maybe it is just a job?

"Feels like a community"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

I have been working at Laserfiche full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I joined Laserfiche only a few months ago and I have to say the culture here feels like a community. I’ve been pleasantly surprised and appreciative of how transparent, available, and supportive upper management is across many departments. For a company this size, there is a clear sense that we are all working towards the same goal. The clubs that are offered here make it easy to connect with like-minded people and just adds to the family-like feel of the culture. Expectations from managers are clear, work/life balance is very much present, and it’s a spot where you can feel the impact of your work and see the value you add to your team. I’ve been enjoying my team and time here so far – our department operates on open communication and empowerment so it’s been a good transition.

Cons

Too early to tell.

Advice to Management

Continue to empower your teams and keep lines of communication open, it's working!

5. "Better than I expected"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

I have been working at Laserfiche (More than 3 years)

Pros

I had originally expected to work here for a couple years to get some experience right out of school. What I got was more/better than I expected so I'm still here! The work environment is great. For new grads especially, you get to work with a young group of people that have the same goals and interests as you which makes the transition from school to the work force very seamless. The work itself varies depending on which department you're on but for the most part if you do well, you get rewarded. Since Laserfiche is privately held, each person's contribution tends to carry more weight. This means that if you like to take initiative and can get things done well, you tend to move up very quickly within the organization. Also, free lunch, after work clubs/activities and good benefits help! Free HMO with a paid PPO option and up to 15% match on 401k!

Cons

There's not a whole lot of guidance at times and so if you're the type of person that requires a lot of hand holding and training, you're going to find yourself struggling. I feel that sometimes there are people that don't really know what they are doing and they end up making the work more difficult for others for no reason but I'm pretty sure that's the case with every organization.

Advice to Management

This has gotten significantly better throughout the years but definitely listen to your employees! There are many capable people that are just waiting for the opportunity to lead. Do away with some of the internal politics and restrictions.

"Many opportunities for growth"

I have been working at Laserfiche full-time

Pros

The people at Laserfiche are some of the smartest, brightest, most passionate people I've ever worked with. Their intelligence constantly inspires me to be - and do - my best. I've been given many opportunities for growth and have been constantly challenged to take on new projects, far beyond any other company I've ever worked at.

The 401(k) match, free lunch, clubs and extracurricular activities, and free HMO are also all great benefits. Work/life balance is also very encouraged, which is again different from other places I've worked. But more than that, the ability to take on new projects, constantly be challenged and shape my own future is probably the greatest benefit of working at Laserfiche. If you are self-directed, independent and entrepreneurial, this is probably a great fit for you.

Cons

Compared to other software companies, the environment can be conservative, especially when it comes to time tracking, attire and working remotely.

Advice to Management

There needs to be more communication from the executive team to the company at large. Sometimes decisions are made that aren't clearly explained or communicated.

"Start-up attitude with the smarts of longevity"

I have been working at Laserfiche full-time

Pros

Engaging coworkers; ability to expand and grow role; exciting and intuitive product; flexible schedule; terrific 401k; fun environment.

Cons

Onboarding is a bit lacking. If you aren't a self-starter or self-motivated, I could see how you may find it difficult to get acclimated.

Advice to Management

Outside of the CPP and VAR training, have a set manual for how everything works, including meeting room locations, department heads, processes, etc.

"can not expect to grow as professional"

Former Employee - Solutions Engineer in Long Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Solutions Engineer in Long Beach, CA

I worked at Laserfiche full-time (More than a year)

Pros

free lunch
    free snacks - although you have to share the snacks, they are not individual packages
    401k -100% match But with a condition to stay at least 6 years with the company.

Cons

False advertisement in job descriptions, I was promise a position where i will use the skills that i have as engineer, although i was only reading manuals and sending instructions to distributors that have zero interest in reading.
    Definitely not room for developing, coworkers where always doing different task from other departments, at the end it was me doing all the work in the department. I get constant emails regarding complains about delay in response.

Advice to Management

Not sure if they will read it, so i have none advice

9. "Good Work Environment"

Former Intern - Software Engineer in Long Beach, CA
    Former Intern - Software Engineer in Long Beach, CA

I worked at Laserfiche as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Free lunch. Good work-life balance.

Cons

Lack of upward mobility. High turn over rate.

Advice to Management

Improve turn over rates.

"Great opportunities out of college"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Pros

Friendly co-workers and managers, making more and more of an effort to appeal to millennials (ping pong, summer beach parties, clubs etc), flexibility in your job position (opportunities for learning and advancement).

Cons

Family run company, CEO is much older as are most of C-level execs, and seem out of touch with the employees they manage. Turn over is REALLY high, always new folks coming in to pick up pieces. Approval processes take forever, but fortunately there's not much micromanagement asides from this. For being a cutting-edge software company, there is a big disconnect in new age tech company culture (think start-ups and google) that hr tries to push more of, but the company is ultimately run by old-school bosses who can only comply so far (no telecommuting except maybe 5 people in the office, minimum number of work holidays). They try, but this place ultimately becomes a stepping stone for a lot of employees.

Advice to Management

Get some fresh blood in your upper management. LISTEN to lower level employees, as friendly as you are with them they don't feel safe sharing constructive feedback most of the time because everyone seems disposable. Be more flexible in compensation!

"Excellent softwares !!"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Laserfiche full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is a good company and provides relaxement and facilities to the employees such as free lunch services , and we work here with young / fun people , couple of managers are really great .

Cons

The drawbacks are that certain mangers are not trained and they don't know how to manage everything properly , turnover feels very high .