Laserfiche Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

Laserfiche CEO Chris Wacker
Chris Wacker

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Also, free lunch, after work clubs/activities and good benefits help (in 39 reviews)

• Overall, work life balance is great (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Very high turnover of employees due to the above (in 15 reviews)

• If you're young and don't have family responsibilities, put work/life balance on hold to further your career (in 4 reviews)

"Summer Intership"

Former Employee - Software Engineer(Internship) in Long Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer(Internship) in Long Beach, CA

I worked at Laserfiche (More than a year)

Pros

Great people. Covered lunch and had a game room to socialize and hang out

Cons

My team was pretty quiet and reserved

2. "LFC"

Former Employee - Solutions Engineer
    Former Employee - Solutions Engineer

I worked at Laserfiche full-time

Pros

2+ years in LFC
    - Wonderful co-workers were the best part of the job.
    - Good work-life balance. Only occasional travel and work on the weekends.
    - Good, free lunch.
    - Managers and directors care about our professional success.
    - Big and diverse projects meant I could work on the things I found interesting (most of the time).

Cons

- Lack of training, especially in project management, meant that we felt lost and made a lot of mistakes we didn't need to make.
    - Hiring recent grads + promoting from within can lead to lack of new ideas.
    - HR policies made me feel like I wasn't trusted or respected, and some were pretty shady.
    - Still sometimes it feels like non-family are second-class citizens.

Advice to Management

Stay ambitious and see how other companies are doing things. Stick up for the engineers more-- to customers, to upper management and to HR.

3. "Great work life balance coupled with fun, fast-moving projects."

I have been working at Laserfiche full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been working for Laserfiche for over a year now, since I started I've noticed positive changes and it looks like this trend is continuing.

Financial Benefits - Amazing 401k plan, the company offers a 15% match once you are fully vested.

Health Benefits - Laserfiche offers an HMO plan that is completely covered by the company. PPO plans are available that are partially covered. Free lunch is provided daily. They also have various food trucks come by on special days. We had a juice truck visit one morning. Yoga classes are offered on Mondays and Wednesdays in the onsite yoga studio. Both a health FSA and dependent care account are offered.

Schedule - Although working remotely is not offered, they are flexible with your hours. Some employees start their day early, others start late and work later in the evening.

Great balance between big-company security and fun culture!

Professional Development - If you share your goals with management, I've noticed that they do support employees and their personal growth.

Overall, work life balance is great.

Cons

The company is conservative when it comes to time tracking, and working remotely.

There is room for more communication from the executive team to employees.
    Decisions and updates are not always communicated well.

Advice to Management

Continue working with employees to achieve their professional goals.

"terrible management"

Pros

401 k - 15% match
    great collegues
    yoga
    free lunch healthy in most days except for make your own sandwich day
    flexible schedule

Cons

managers only benefit their friends. women are prefered as QA bc they can enforce to work harder than men. managers are selected based on etnicity ( preferable caucasian)

Advice to Management

women can be managers too this is the 21st century

"A place to innovate and challenge yourself"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Long Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Long Beach, CA

I have been working at Laserfiche full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Laserfiche is a perfect fit for motivated, self-starting and ambitious employees seeking to improve their professional capabilities in an expedited time frame. The company gives those who are ready to take a leap the resources and support to do so, allowing you to take on large, business critical initiatives and grow processes, programs and people from ground-up. The company has a healthy, supportive and positive vibe, ensuring employees feel supported and heard throughout their continued development. If you’re the person who doesn’t shy away from challenges and presents a plan rather than problems, you’ll do very well at the company. The company has a long-time history as a successful software company, with hundreds of thousands of active users and a promising vision / action towards the future. This historical reference provides career stability in addition to the ability to work with very experienced individuals in the ECM space. Finally, having a healthy work-life balance is almost unheard of in software, yet Laserfiche strongly embraces this value, keeping working schedules to predictable hours and adopting a promising vacation policy.

Cons

Senior Management at times has worked within a bootstrap mentality and have owned more decisions and pieces of the business than perhaps is best. I think this is due the history of the company as a family owned business who have relied on internal resources to generate success – which without a doubt have proven to work. As the company scales and continues to grow though, recognizing and admitting internal strengths and weaknesses – and sourcing external talent with career experience - then stepping back and letting decisions be made, for those areas with less experience – will continue to help the company thrive.

Advice to Management

- Recognize your personal and our organizational strengths and weaknesses – and supplement opportunities with additional experienced talent.
    - Drive decisions through proven and regularly tracked metrics.

"Sales"

I worked at Laserfiche full-time

Pros

- Awesome co-workers
    - Good place to start a career
    - Good place to learn about tech

Cons

- More cons than pros
    - Management is terrible, especially sales management since there seems to be no sense of direction
    - You are not very respected, treated like you are in grade school
    - Constantly micro-managed

Advice to Management

Stop acting like everyones parents and start allowing your employees to have more responsibility and a say in decisicions. Honestly, most of sales management should step down or leave because the company will suffer with them at the wheel. You will continue to lose people if you do not establish a better work environment!

"A stepping stone in your career in very shallow water"

I worked at Laserfiche full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You work with a great group of individuals and you become good friends with them through misery as pointed out by the other review. You could be wearing many hats in your role which is extremely beneficial as you try to grow professionally on your own. Keywords here are "on your own". Free lunches are convenient, but it's become the norm at any tech company. Unlike any tech companies, the snacks are abysmal at best.

As you can see, each pro has a downside to it.

Cons

- Nepotism: It’s a family-operated company so don’t expect to climb the ranks unless you’ve been there for 10+ year or shown that you’re willing to stoop as low as management or if you’re somehow connected to the family.
    - Zero cultural diversity: Candidates are screened based on their names, accents, backgrounds, and appearances despite being highly qualified. Intelligence is also prioritized over cultural fit.
    - Lack of innovation: Product development has been stagnant while competitors’ products have grown exponentially.
    - No company vision: Management does not have a vision, makes contradicting statements, and is a quick to point fingers when things fail or don’t go as planned.
    - Not trustworthy: Management talks down on employees (sometimes to other employees too).
    - Industry: It’s content management and not enterprise content management. Although it's marketed as enterprise, it's sweet spots are SMBs. You’ll be living and breathing documents and records so it's not that fascinating especially when all of your customers are either twice your age or near retirement.

I can go on, but I hope you get the point...

Advice to Management

First step is to reflect on what you're doing because it's definitely not working. From there, doing anything else from what you have been doing would be great so that you can learn from those mistakes and apply them in your future actions.

"Your ideas are heard"

I have been working at Laserfiche full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Because I am early on in my professional career, I appreciate that I work for a company where I can constantly exchange ideas with others, and my ideas are heard. In the six months I have been with Laserfiche, I have already seen innovation that has come from the ideas of entry-level and associate employees. Management that I have worked with is generally very approachable, transparent and open to new ideas as well. My team is always supportive and willing to answer my questions, and that collaborative spirit extends to the rest of the company. The culture is warm and inviting, and the company clearly invests in keeping it that way, from company-sponsored clubs, to professional development opportunities.

Cons

Communication styles vary from team to team, and in positions that have to work across departments often, this can be ambiguous and challenging at times. For a growing professional like me, however, it is a valuable opportunity to experience a wide array of working styles that will ultimately help me navigate any professional climate in the future.

Advice to Management

The “open door” policy to management works wonderfully! Stay approachable and transparent.

"LOL at the good reviews"

I worked at Laserfiche full-time

Pros

You make friends that you share in your misery together. Youll be friends forever.

Cons

This place pays men way more than women. Dont work here. And yes, the good reviews are fake, created by current employees.

Advice to Management

Close down or hire professionals to buy out the company and revamp. Oh and for real get rid of Thomas Phelps, hes very toxic to your company.

"Feels like a community"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

I have been working at Laserfiche full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I joined Laserfiche only a few months ago and I have to say the culture here feels like a community. I’ve been pleasantly surprised and appreciative of how transparent, available, and supportive upper management is across many departments. For a company this size, there is a clear sense that we are all working towards the same goal. The clubs that are offered here make it easy to connect with like-minded people and just adds to the family-like feel of the culture. Expectations from managers are clear, work/life balance is very much present, and it’s a spot where you can feel the impact of your work and see the value you add to your team. I’ve been enjoying my team and time here so far – our department operates on open communication and empowerment so it’s been a good transition.

Cons

Too early to tell.

Advice to Management

Continue to empower your teams and keep lines of communication open, it's working!