Laserfiche Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Laserfiche CEO Chris Wacker
Chris Wacker

Pros
  • Also, free lunch, after work clubs/activities and good benefits help (in 41 reviews)

• Work/life balance if that's what's important to you (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • HIGH TURNOVER RATE -- mostly everyone has been there for less than a year (in 16 reviews)

• Family-business management structure where relation is above ability (in 7 reviews)

"Your ideas are heard"

I have been working at Laserfiche full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Because I am early on in my professional career, I appreciate that I work for a company where I can constantly exchange ideas with others, and my ideas are heard. In the six months I have been with Laserfiche, I have already seen innovation that has come from the ideas of entry-level and associate employees. Management that I have worked with is generally very approachable, transparent and open to new ideas as well. My team is always supportive and willing to answer my questions, and that collaborative spirit extends to the rest of the company. The culture is warm and inviting, and the company clearly invests in keeping it that way, from company-sponsored clubs, to professional development opportunities.

Cons

Communication styles vary from team to team, and in positions that have to work across departments often, this can be ambiguous and challenging at times. For a growing professional like me, however, it is a valuable opportunity to experience a wide array of working styles that will ultimately help me navigate any professional climate in the future.

Advice to Management

The “open door” policy to management works wonderfully! Stay approachable and transparent.

"A stepping stone in your career in very shallow water"

I worked at Laserfiche full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You work with a great group of individuals and you become good friends with them through misery as pointed out by the other review. You could be wearing many hats in your role which is extremely beneficial as you try to grow professionally on your own. Keywords here are "on your own". Free lunches are convenient, but it's become the norm at any tech company. Unlike any tech companies, the snacks are abysmal at best.

As you can see, each pro has a downside to it.

Cons

- Nepotism: It’s a family-operated company so don’t expect to climb the ranks unless you’ve been there for 10+ year or shown that you’re willing to stoop as low as management or if you’re somehow connected to the family.
    - Zero cultural diversity: Candidates are screened based on their names, accents, backgrounds, and appearances despite being highly qualified. Intelligence is also prioritized over cultural fit.
    - Lack of innovation: Product development has been stagnant while competitors’ products have grown exponentially.
    - No company vision: Management does not have a vision, makes contradicting statements, and is a quick to point fingers when things fail or don’t go as planned.
    - Not trustworthy: Management talks down on employees (sometimes to other employees too).
    - Industry: It’s content management and not enterprise content management. Although it's marketed as enterprise, it's sweet spots are SMBs. You’ll be living and breathing documents and records so it's not that fascinating especially when all of your customers are either twice your age or near retirement.

I can go on, but I hope you get the point...

Advice to Management

First step is to reflect on what you're doing because it's definitely not working. From there, doing anything else from what you have been doing would be great so that you can learn from those mistakes and apply them in your future actions.

"LOL at the good reviews"

I worked at Laserfiche full-time

Pros

You make friends that you share in your misery together. Youll be friends forever.

Cons

This place pays men way more than women. Dont work here. And yes, the good reviews are fake, created by current employees.

Advice to Management

Close down or hire professionals to buy out the company and revamp. Oh and for real get rid of Thomas Phelps, hes very toxic to your company.

"Feels like a community"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

I have been working at Laserfiche full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I joined Laserfiche only a few months ago and I have to say the culture here feels like a community. I’ve been pleasantly surprised and appreciative of how transparent, available, and supportive upper management is across many departments. For a company this size, there is a clear sense that we are all working towards the same goal. The clubs that are offered here make it easy to connect with like-minded people and just adds to the family-like feel of the culture. Expectations from managers are clear, work/life balance is very much present, and it’s a spot where you can feel the impact of your work and see the value you add to your team. I’ve been enjoying my team and time here so far – our department operates on open communication and empowerment so it’s been a good transition.

Cons

Too early to tell.

Advice to Management

Continue to empower your teams and keep lines of communication open, it's working!

6. "Better than I expected"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

I have been working at Laserfiche (More than 3 years)

Pros

I had originally expected to work here for a couple years to get some experience right out of school. What I got was more/better than I expected so I'm still here! The work environment is great. For new grads especially, you get to work with a young group of people that have the same goals and interests as you which makes the transition from school to the work force very seamless. The work itself varies depending on which department you're on but for the most part if you do well, you get rewarded. Since Laserfiche is privately held, each person's contribution tends to carry more weight. This means that if you like to take initiative and can get things done well, you tend to move up very quickly within the organization. Also, free lunch, after work clubs/activities and good benefits help! Free HMO with a paid PPO option and up to 15% match on 401k!

Cons

There's not a whole lot of guidance at times and so if you're the type of person that requires a lot of hand holding and training, you're going to find yourself struggling. I feel that sometimes there are people that don't really know what they are doing and they end up making the work more difficult for others for no reason but I'm pretty sure that's the case with every organization.

Advice to Management

This has gotten significantly better throughout the years but definitely listen to your employees! There are many capable people that are just waiting for the opportunity to lead. Do away with some of the internal politics and restrictions.

"terrible place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

I have been working at Laserfiche full-time (More than a year)

Pros

enticing benefits, free lunch, decent salary

Cons

HIGH TURNOVER RATE -- mostly everyone has been there for less than a year. just ask around on your first day. top officers are terrible at management and in personality. HR has no influence

You can tell some of the 5 star reviews are written by Laserfiche HR or management themselves because they use the word empower, which is the company slogan. having worked here for a year, i hear the comments in those reviews in person by "management"

their website says "You’ll receive guidance to ensure that you’re confident and comfortable, but you’ll be doing real work from day one. Additionally, you will be supported by a mentor in your department and can participate in job shadowing during your first weeks at Laserfiche." yet this has never happened and I've never seen anyone get a mentor or this type of treatment. if you ask about it, they tell you that you wouldn't get guidance "at any other job"

most of the executives have worked here their entire lives and think they understand how business works simply because they manage to profit off of cheap software that is not unique

Advice to Management

provide mentorship, be understanding when mistakes happen because you don't provide proper management of departments, fix the high turnover rate -- it lowers employee moral to see people leave

"Work Hard=Success"

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Laserfiche full-time

Pros

The company is not afraid to reward you for your hard work. People notice your effort, and give you kudos for it. Very friendly environment. This is a place that allows you to grow, get promoted, and get compensated for your work. There is no sense of hierarchy, everyone is in the know about what is going on.

Cons

really hard to balance work life and social life because there is a lot of things people need to deal with.

Advice to Management

I love that the higher ups are all getting more in tuned with the team. Keep it up! The turnover rate is not as bad as others are saying.

"Many opportunities for growth"

I have been working at Laserfiche full-time

Pros

The people at Laserfiche are some of the smartest, brightest, most passionate people I've ever worked with. Their intelligence constantly inspires me to be - and do - my best. I've been given many opportunities for growth and have been constantly challenged to take on new projects, far beyond any other company I've ever worked at.

The 401(k) match, free lunch, clubs and extracurricular activities, and free HMO are also all great benefits. Work/life balance is also very encouraged, which is again different from other places I've worked. But more than that, the ability to take on new projects, constantly be challenged and shape my own future is probably the greatest benefit of working at Laserfiche. If you are self-directed, independent and entrepreneurial, this is probably a great fit for you.

Cons

Compared to other software companies, the environment can be conservative, especially when it comes to time tracking, attire and working remotely.

Advice to Management

There needs to be more communication from the executive team to the company at large. Sometimes decisions are made that aren't clearly explained or communicated.

"Start-up attitude with the smarts of longevity"

I have been working at Laserfiche full-time

Pros

Engaging coworkers; ability to expand and grow role; exciting and intuitive product; flexible schedule; terrific 401k; fun environment.

Cons

Onboarding is a bit lacking. If you aren't a self-starter or self-motivated, I could see how you may find it difficult to get acclimated.

Advice to Management

Outside of the CPP and VAR training, have a set manual for how everything works, including meeting room locations, department heads, processes, etc.

"can not expect to grow as professional"

Former Employee - Solutions Engineer in Long Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Solutions Engineer in Long Beach, CA

I worked at Laserfiche full-time (More than a year)

Pros

free lunch
    free snacks - although you have to share the snacks, they are not individual packages
    401k -100% match But with a condition to stay at least 6 years with the company.

Cons

False advertisement in job descriptions, I was promise a position where i will use the skills that i have as engineer, although i was only reading manuals and sending instructions to distributors that have zero interest in reading.
    Definitely not room for developing, coworkers where always doing different task from other departments, at the end it was me doing all the work in the department. I get constant emails regarding complains about delay in response.

Advice to Management

Not sure if they will read it, so i have none advice