Laserfiche Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
Laserfiche CEO Chris Wacker
Chris Wacker

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Also, free lunch, after work clubs/activities and good benefits help (in 38 reviews)

• Overall, work life balance is great (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Very high turnover of employees due to the above (in 15 reviews)

• If you're young and don't have family responsibilities, put work/life balance on hold to further your career (in 4 reviews)

1. "Great work life balance coupled with fun, fast-moving projects."

I have been working at Laserfiche full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been working for Laserfiche for over a year now, since I started I've noticed positive changes and it looks like this trend is continuing.

Financial Benefits - Amazing 401k plan, the company offers a 15% match once you are fully vested.

Health Benefits - Laserfiche offers an HMO plan that is completely covered by the company. PPO plans are available that are partially covered. Free lunch is provided daily. They also have various food trucks come by on special days. We had a juice truck visit one morning. Yoga classes are offered on Mondays and Wednesdays in the onsite yoga studio. Both a health FSA and dependent care account are offered.

Schedule - Although working remotely is not offered, they are flexible with your hours. Some employees start their day early, others start late and work later in the evening.

Great balance between big-company security and fun culture!

Professional Development - If you share your goals with management, I've noticed that they do support employees and their personal growth.

Overall, work life balance is great.

Cons

The company is conservative when it comes to time tracking, and working remotely.

There is room for more communication from the executive team to employees.
    Decisions and updates are not always communicated well.

Advice to Management

Continue working with employees to achieve their professional goals.

"Your ideas are heard"

I have been working at Laserfiche full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Because I am early on in my professional career, I appreciate that I work for a company where I can constantly exchange ideas with others, and my ideas are heard. In the six months I have been with Laserfiche, I have already seen innovation that has come from the ideas of entry-level and associate employees. Management that I have worked with is generally very approachable, transparent and open to new ideas as well. My team is always supportive and willing to answer my questions, and that collaborative spirit extends to the rest of the company. The culture is warm and inviting, and the company clearly invests in keeping it that way, from company-sponsored clubs, to professional development opportunities.

Cons

Communication styles vary from team to team, and in positions that have to work across departments often, this can be ambiguous and challenging at times. For a growing professional like me, however, it is a valuable opportunity to experience a wide array of working styles that will ultimately help me navigate any professional climate in the future.

Advice to Management

The “open door” policy to management works wonderfully! Stay approachable and transparent.

3. "Better than I expected"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

I have been working at Laserfiche (More than 3 years)

Pros

I had originally expected to work here for a couple years to get some experience right out of school. What I got was more/better than I expected so I'm still here! The work environment is great. For new grads especially, you get to work with a young group of people that have the same goals and interests as you which makes the transition from school to the work force very seamless. The work itself varies depending on which department you're on but for the most part if you do well, you get rewarded. Since Laserfiche is privately held, each person's contribution tends to carry more weight. This means that if you like to take initiative and can get things done well, you tend to move up very quickly within the organization. Also, free lunch, after work clubs/activities and good benefits help! Free HMO with a paid PPO option and up to 15% match on 401k!

Cons

There's not a whole lot of guidance at times and so if you're the type of person that requires a lot of hand holding and training, you're going to find yourself struggling. I feel that sometimes there are people that don't really know what they are doing and they end up making the work more difficult for others for no reason but I'm pretty sure that's the case with every organization.

Advice to Management

This has gotten significantly better throughout the years but definitely listen to your employees! There are many capable people that are just waiting for the opportunity to lead. Do away with some of the internal politics and restrictions.

"Great Place to work at!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Long Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Long Beach, CA

I have been working at Laserfiche part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free Lunch throughout the week! Awesome co-workers to work with and to hang outside of work. Flexible hours for my part-time status. Free breakfast on Fridays. Casual Fridays!

Cons

Kind of far from my home. There is really not much else to put on the con side for this company.

Advice to Management

Keep doing the good things that make this company great. Don't change anything that might rub people the wrong way.

"The culture of a start up with the stability of an established organization."

Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in Long Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in Long Beach, CA

I have been working at Laserfiche full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Laserfiche provides a great environment for recent grads. They like to cultivate talent from within, so there are a lot of opportunities to advance your career internally. The free lunch they provide allows you to meet employees from other departments, and make new friends all the time.

Cons

In some roles there are promotion ceilings that are hard to break through. Additionally, roles at Laserfiche would be more suited to self-starters since they expect you to hit the ground running and learn on the go.

"Awesome"

Pros

Nice company to work for

Cons

Not flexible hours and training is limited

"Challenging projects. Great team"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Laserfiche full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are a lot of people here with amazing energy and I learn a lot working with my group. The work schedule here is flexible but most of my group come in early. There is covered garage for parking, every desk has a view, weather is excellent year round. No snow. There are quite a few people from other international offices.

Cons

some of the meetings run a bit long.

"attitude for gratitude – learning to appreciate an unique atmosphere"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Pros

the people. cross functional colleagues get to know each other and become friends, largely thanks to the company's policy to provide free catered lunch everyday so the majority of people eat together in the lunch room. campus-like atmosphere with lots of sports and social activities funded by the company strengthens corporate culture and identity.

the work is high impact. one of the things you come to appreciate here is no one ever works just on a mundane task and you are entrusted with greater responsibilities than you would otherwise have an opportunity to get your hands on elsewhere. you're not just a number and you are accountable for your work. the work culture is young and energetic.

the benefits and stability is incredible compared to similar size companies. it's not often you have the ability to get the best of both worlds. the fact that the company did not do any layoffs during the economic downswings of 2008-2009 speaks to the strength of the company's position in the industry and its family-like treatment of its employees.

a very strict recruiting policy with a strong emphasis on corporate culture compatibility being as important as competence results in cohesiveness.

Cons

a lot of the pro's put together is actually a double-edge sword. high impact work combined with youthful culture means not everyone thrives at their functions. the great news is that the tools and support of the company is there to guide you, and if you succeed you quickly become battle-hardened and emerge as a professional that your same-age peers wonder how you accumulated so much experience so fast.

it is widely recognized there are some groups heavily understaffed. there is always room for the talented and the right fit, but because hiring managers do not want to compromise on talent, the reality is the work gets spread to sidelines or another group. if you get caught in one of those shortages, it can be easy to be overwhelmed if you have difficulty maintaining enthusiasm and productivity while juggling multiple deadlines. fortunately, it's not a common occurrence.

Advice to Management

a necessary bi-product of rapid growth is the infrastructure (technology and business) of the company doesn't scale well with it. as the company continues to grow it will become harder for middle management to provide the attention and guidance necessary for entry level workers to navigate a larger atmosphere. more formalized processes will eliminate a lot of ad-hoc reactive guidance that is common among the teams today.

"It's great if you're smart and able to get things done"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Pros

Company culture is to hire bright, motivated people and give them a chance to show what they can do. For folks with a lot of drive, I can't think of a better place to learn, get experience and accomplish a lot. I've noticed that some folks keep shifting their role within the company - essentially, when they show they're able to get things done, they're given greater responsibility and put in charge of new projects.

There's also a lot of camaraderie and friendliness. People have a lot of work-home life flexibility, and there's a lot of activities going on outside the office.

Cons

While I love working here, there are definitely several types of people that don't do very well here:

People who have an entitlement mentality and try to coast in their job. You need to prove yourself, and folks with a "that's not my job" mentality get very little respect.

People who aren't comfortable with intellectual rigor and supporting their opinions with facts and logic. Upper management comes from the technical world, and wants to know you've done your homework if you'd like to make changes.

People who aren't very good at their job, and who aren't trying to improve their abilities. While there's a lot of coaching and "learn as you go" in the company, I definitely see folks who have plateaued and they're sort of kept on but overlooked when it comes to interesting new projects.

Advice to Management

Overall kudos for giving so much respect and flexibility to employees.
    One are of criticism: I think the review process should be more transparent and continuous. Waiting until the end of the year, and being told how your performance is judged doesn't give enough opportunity to make corrections. While I think that feedback is definitely given on individual tasks and projects on a regular basis, it would be nice to know how you're doing and being perceived. In a way, if you're given new projects, it means you're on management's good side. If nobody's talking to you, your on the outs. Clarity would be appreciated.

"Amazing people, interesting projects"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Long Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Long Beach, CA

Pros

Health, dental, vision, 401K with 100% match. I can't vouch for the sales side of the business but there are a lot of smart people in the engineering group. I can choose which project I can work on. The projects are engaging and interesting. The hours are flexible. People come in from 6 to 10. I can arrange my commute to avoid traffic.

Lunch is catered. People occasionally bring in random food to share. I get to work on multiple projects.

Cons

With flexible hours, not everyone works the same hours your do.

Advice to Management

Better than my first job, so I can't complain.