Latam Airlines Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.5
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Travel benefits and continuous learning (in 17 reviews)

• work environment, some leaders are actually good at what they do (in 13 reviews)

1. "flight attendant"

I worked at Latam Airlines Group full-time

Pros

travel opportunities, salary, excellent work enviroment

Cons

schedule, work on weekends and holidays

2. "Great place to work"

I worked at Latam Airlines Group full-time

Pros

Many opportunities for professional growth.

Cons

I actually cannot think of a Cons

3. "Not Latam's Fault"

I worked at Latam Airlines Group part-time

Pros

Flight Benefits, Experience, Learned a new language

Cons

Managment, Sick days and Vacation Days

Advice to Management

You need to allow more sick days and be more flexible with your employees who go above and beyond. Value them more

At first I was so excited to be working for the company but I did learn a lot about airlines through this experience. If you even want a job at LATAM you have to go to sub company a third party which is called profession aviation management which is based in Miami. This airline is based at JFK from Chile. Now If you like people asking you questions about your entire life once you step foot on the floor then it might be the place for you. The staff is completely hispanic there is not variety in race or culture. Which is sad because 1/2 of the staff can't speak decent English and we're in the USA passengers who only speak english can't understand the agents at times or their announcements and get frustrated. All the training was in Spanish everyone spoke to everyone in Spanish. I was shocked. I'm hispanic myself but when I've taken bilingual job English was the primary language for training and the language was if the customer needed assistance in that specific language. This has all the bad qualities there is a lot of gossip, bochinche and drama that goes on here and if one person find out something about you the whole job knows. I noticed they liked to hire a lot of people who spoke more spanish than English and I began to notice why. The management there tries to be slick so if your new you would probably think that how things work here in America. WRONG such as pay and vacation time. Here you only get 10 days a year.... and it's hard to even take vacation they block out a month sometimes and not even give you a reason why but then upper management can go away for a two week vacation. Of course during holidays it's understandable , Also you can't take all 10 days at once, and they they tell you there's no such thing a unpaid time off.. even tho they use ADP and I used ADP and my prior job before them and you can and their work week is monday - sunday like in Latin America, even tho your pay is scheduled as Sunday through monday. So if you wanna get saturday sunday off you would have to work it a week before if it makes sense. Since they claim the work week is MONDAY-SUNDAY first job I ever had tell me that. I left because they had too much favoritism too much gossip and I didn't suck up. They lost a lot of ppl in less than two months probably 8 all because they don't care about their employee and aren't flexible to work with you. And if you are full time forget it you get paid less than part time and do more work. for what 90$ more to your paycheck no worth it. It good if you wanna get a Part- Time job there which starts at 13.17 and you get flight benefits after 6 months . Use it as a stepping stone to keep applying to a better place. When you are hired by airline directly you get better benefits right away including travel. Here they wont even give you a new uniform they give you used ones. When there should be a way to order for new hires like most major carriers. It's not LATAMs fault because they don't hire directly in NYC they use professional management. Who doesn't even know how to manage their own staff and pay people after they leave. Also if you do leave they make you give back the uniform so someone else can use it and no they don't clean it you would yourself and if you don't give it back you won't see your last paycheck ever. They take off the direct deposit before your last pay forcing you to go to the airport to get it and when for them whenever the decide to come up on their own time.
    Use this as a learning experience because it does help to learn the airlines computer system and how to control your emotions in front of emotional passengers and pick up a little portugues. Try find a airline that hires directly like American airlines United or Delta even Jetblue. I stayed for 7 months until i got hired to another airline so It does help you move to a better airline because of the experience.

I still love the brand however the JFK staff needs to be fixed from uppermangemnt to the bottom and get more english speakers and not make it mandatory to speak spanish hire regular agents and bilingual agents to change up the work environment because it has the worst hispanic trait there gossip , eavesdropping into people conversation and telenovela like drama and one guy that tries to get will all then new girls even tho he has a wife .
    FYI: the tourist speak more english that half the workers there.

Part-time also can't go past their schedule hours only Full-Time.
    It's time to find a new Third party company like DOGS or Envoy to take care of LATAM it such a great company and professional is damaging them there at JFK. NEEDS STAFF CLEAN UP of its upper management starting w Human resources

4. "Great company to grow and learn from top executives"

I worked at Latam Airlines Group full-time

Pros

Lot of exposure, discount tickets, young environment

Cons

As many airlines, its focus in cost goes against employees benefits.

5. "Excellent eviroment"

I worked at Latam Airlines Group full-time

Pros

You have a lot of benefits, travel at the cheapest rates, helath insurance, money for food, they pay the hotel and give you money because staying in another country.

Cons

Overnight, work in holidays,

Advice to Management

Nothing

6. "Great"

I have been working at Latam Airlines Group full-time

Pros

Good Benefits, Gain lots of experience in the Air Freight logistics industry.

Cons

Less than average pay in comparison to other companies in the industry.

7. "Very good work environment"

I have been working at Latam Airlines Group full-time

Pros

Everybody is young and care about each other. Great atmosphere.

Cons

constantly working under pressure due to flights.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

8. "Good benefits, learn a lot but biased career development and under market salaries"

Pros

You can get deep experience in the airline industry , the business users are well prepared and usually have tons of years in company.
    Good place to start and jump off another place after 2 years.

Cons

Career development is biased and people doing less work can be promoted against those who do the real work.
    Also wages are under the market because of the discounted airline tickets as a benefit industry.

Advice to Management

Management is so different across departments and areas, I would reccommend having more managers focused on adding value to projects and not showing things are just done.

9. "so-so"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I worked at Latam Airlines Group full-time

Pros

schedule is good 12-12-12-6 from sum-wed or wed-sat which gives you have of the week off. quality of work better than in some other places in Miami and you always get your 40 hrs. the flight benefits. best thing is the training of the airplanes.

Cons

hard to grow since almost all bosses are from chile or somewhere south america and is based on chile, work through a contracting agency no directly from LAN in the USA. Wages are no so good.

Advice to Management

take care of the people better, communicate better and standardize a pay scale

10. "LATAM Has the Ability to Really Takeoff"

I worked at Latam Airlines Group full-time

Pros

Competitive salary and benefits
    One big family - lots of care and concern
    Autonomy

Cons

Lots of inefficiency - focus more on appearances than getting the work done.
    Reluctant to change - Like the idea of change but not really willing to change and make hard business choices
    Decision making can be slow and inefficient

Advice to Management

Align on single strategy and focus on execution