Lathrop & Gage Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Mark Bluhm

"Ok place"

I have been working at Lathrop & Gage full-time

Pros

nice people, interesting work, fantastic location in Boston, lots of interesting cases, easy commute, beautiful office, nice coffee place in building

Cons

benefits are awful, low salaries, don't even bother with negotiating a salary increase, administrative staff are treated poorly

Advice to Management

be nice people! Lots of people making a ton of money and there is no trickle down effect...assistants work really hard for rainmakers without even a thank you

"IP Division - will soon dissolve"

I worked at Lathrop & Gage full-time

Pros

They are located in downtown Denver.

Cons

Too many to list. Lack of leadership and communication. Old school in the entire IP division. They work Harder not smarter. They lost +10 attys in 2016.
    All offices process and work differently. Each office has their own policy and procedures.

Advice to Management

Don't have attys in charge of attys.

"Do not associate yourself with this firm"

Former Employee - Associate Attorney in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Associate Attorney in Denver, CO

I worked at Lathrop & Gage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice location. Expensive looking office, and amenities. Support staff really tried. Expensive retreats. Everything works beautifully for the partners.

Cons

My supervisory attorneys knew less about the law than I did but they were partners so they could verbally abuse the paralegal staff and could sit in their offices and play with ipad which were not monitored by IT. They were arrogant, immature, unsophisticated, and threatened. Partners are not accountable. Incompetent. The turn-over was terrible. My advice: run the other way.

Advice to Management

Find someone who knows how to mange people and give them the authority to do it - not likely.

"Horrible place to work. COO is an unethical, fool."

Pros

Great place for new associates Nice location. Some very good lawyers. Mark Bluhm seems to be OK

Cons

COO and other senior managers are poor. Bad behavior is awarded. The lawyers treat the secretaries poorly.

Advice to Management

Get rid of COO.

"Horrible politics on the admin side"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Lathrop & Gage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly lawyers, nice offices, good location downtown. I met many nice people while working, though there is little communication among teams.

Cons

I have never experienced such horrible office politics before in my life. From the COO downward there is an environment of "throwing people under the bus." People are not valued - at all - and it's really a stressful place to work.

Advice to Management

Treat people like human beings. Recognize that there's a revolving door for employees for a reason. If people keep quitting or getting fired, across all admin teams (HR, IT, Marketing) it's indicative of a top-down problem!

7. "IP"

Current Employee - Patent Agent in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Patent Agent in Denver, CO

I have been working at Lathrop & Gage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people and interesting work.

Cons

Incentive structure sometimes misaligned with responsibilities.

8. "Recruiting & Professional Development Coordinator"

I have been working at Lathrop & Gage full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've worked at Lathrop & Gage for more than 5 years and overall, my experience has been fantastic. I've never worked for an organization that truly cares about its employees, attorneys and partners and is constantly working to provide opportunities for them to catapult their careers to the next level. The Firm encourages a creative and collaborative environment and sees the value in encouraging its younger attorneys to take leadership and decision making roles within the Firm. There is a clear, strategic direction the Firm is headed in, and I am optimistic about our future. Additional Pro’s: Great work challenges, rewards, pride, communication, bosses and culture.

Cons

No con's to speak of.

Advice to Management

Keep caring about the clients and putting your employee’s happiness and success first!

"Discouraged and Disappointed"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bradford, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bradford, MA

I have been working at Lathrop & Gage (More than a year)

Pros

Location is great especially during the holidays.

Cons

The management or lack thereof in this office is disturbing. Communication between everyone is severely lacking. One hand has no idea what the other is doing. There are no policies or procedures written and in place. There is favoritism given to certain individuals while other's are left to fend for themselves.

Advice to Management

Take a good look at what is going on in this office. You need to put a better structure in place or the revolving door that is happening now will continue to happen.

10. "Associate"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Lathrop & Gage part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are fabulous. They are willing to invest in you and your future. There is an interesting variety of work.

Cons

There are none that I can think of! Great atmosphere and place to work as a young associate. Good work life balance.

Advice to Management

Stay connected to the associates. It sometimes felt as though the concerns of the associates were being ignored, for no apparent reason.

"Lathrop & Gage Los Angeles Office is a Joke"

Former Employee - Associate in Marina del Rey, CA
    Former Employee - Associate in Marina del Rey, CA

Pros

Lots of resources to call such as tech support and word processing at any given moment.

Cons

The management in the Los Angeles office was comical. The larger than life managing partner works as hard as a court clerk, and the office manager is nothing less than a glorified lackey whose disappearing acts were the extent of her job description for her 6 digit salary!

Advice to Management

The useless robotic office manager that everyone has complained about at some point, sucks the living life, motivation, ethics, enjoyment, dedication, and personality out of all human employees. If you are a robot, you will love her.