Latino Community Credit Union Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "LCCU is like family"

Former Employee - Human Resources Specialist in Durham, NC
    Former Employee - Human Resources Specialist in Durham, NC

I worked at Latino Community Credit Union full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had the privilege of working at Latino Community Credit Union for a little more than a year, and had I not had personal circumstances in my life change, I would still be there. Imagine working at a where every single employee is fully committed and invested in improving the lives of others, share your values and are willing to go the extra mile to make sure that the people who really need help get it. Couple that with competitive pay, plenty of managerial support, and some really incredible benefits, and you've got a place that you can not only start a career at, but be happy going into work every day. There are innumerable opportunities for growth, both within your entry point and laterally to others should you desire to explore different paths. I can't express how lucky I felt every day working at LCCU, and I write this in the hopes that someone who is unsure about applying at least give it a chance.

Cons

Nothing worth mentioning. Work here!

2. "Do NOT Work Here. Apply ANYWHERE ELSE>"

I worked at Latino Community Credit Union full-time

Pros

You meet some great people, both coworkers and members. That's it. Oh and we had good medical insurance.

Cons

Working here is like being on a road to nowhere and God forbid you ever bring up an issue with HR.

HR is the absolute worst. If you bring up something that is bothering you, there will only be retaliation.

Most employees are listed as "salaried" employees to avoid having to pay overtime (which is stupid because they don't pay overtime to begin with to hourly employees) despite most employees not actually fulfilling the requirements of what a salaried employee is according to North Carolina law. If you bring this up to anyone, you will be reprimanded for daring to challenge an ~*HR professional*~

Hourly employees don't get overtime. If they work overtime, they are only compensated by "you worked one extra hour today so come in one hour late tomorrow" and this is recent. It used to be "if you stay overtime it's your own fault and we are not compensating you" until there were enough complaints for them to actually start following NC overtime compensation laws.

Your position within in the company is totally arbitrary. Some people have college educations from amazing universities with years of experience and start out at the absolute bottom. Some people lie about having finished college and are given work as a loan officer. They do not actually check educational credentials.

You will be overworked and underpaid. This goes for everyone in the branch and just about anyone in central services that doesn't hold a "VP" title.

They will make you do loans, despite not being a loan officer, and despite being one of the most prolific employees, they still will not promote you. There are often financial service representatives II and senior financial services representatives doing the work of loan officers without the title or salary.

There is constant pressure to meet deadlines and quotas, but no reward for doing so. This isn't a family. It's a bourgeoisie running the rest of the employees. There is a ton of favoritism and it is obvious. Employees are rewarded left and right for barely doing anything if they are a favorite. Hardworking employees are often ignored

I don't want an "employee of the month" or anything. I just would like a "hey you did a great job" every once in a while. The lack of appreciation is astounding and makes employees feel undervalued and defeated.

If you want to be overworked, under appreciated, overwhelmingly stressed, and always living with fear of retaliation if you ever dare speak to the almighty HR, then this is the place for you. Otherwise RUN. You can be a teller at BB&T making more than a loan officer makes here.

I used to get migraines that would last for five days at a time when I worked there and ever since leaving I am migraine free.

Advice to Management

Stop mistreating your employees. Stop being such a bourgeoisie. Stop retaliating against employees who dare speak out against your bad practices. You have created a hostile environment and being there is horrible.

3. "Best place to work for !"

Current Employee - Financial Services Representative II in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Financial Services Representative II in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Latino Community Credit Union full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

LCCU is a credit union with value, committed with the community with a friendly atmosphere and great benefits. The managers support their team and help them in the path of knowledge to grow inside the organization.

Cons

No cons for this organization.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, giving the opportunity to your employees to grow within the organization.

4. "Run if you can! Do not work here!"

Current Employee - Financial Service Representative in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Financial Service Representative in Charlotte, NC

Pros

NO PROS! Please do not apply! Believe me! They do not care about you!

Cons

Please read the first review! I had exactly the same review for this company. They do not care about the employees, the pay is not good, no training provided, very disorganized! To be a financial institution is a big disaster! And the work life banace...lol! You will need a therapy because you will get crazy!

"Worst company ever!!"

Former Employee - Financial Service Representative in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Financial Service Representative in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Latino Community Credit Union full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Its good for people that do not have experience at all with banking, they will hire almost anyone.

Cons

Pay is not up to par with other institutions, with mediocre managers that should not be in charge, because they are not true leaders. They ask you to do things out of your duties, tricking you by saying that "the more you learn, the better you will be at your position". They trick you by telling you that you are an hourly employee which you are not, your pay is salary based. Dated technology, one simple task is made difficult by cumbersome system. You have to learn for yourself. They expect you to learn and do everything without mistakes with no training at all. Coworkers are awful, they are jealous if you come from a big bank, they are hypocrites, fake smiles and gossipers. Their HR department is a joke, only one person handles the whole company and at the beginning she was nice and caring, but after 2 weeks she did not answer calls anymore.

Advice to Management

Management change is required as they do not care about their employees, they only care about themselves. Also change the hiring process because people with no customer service skills are being hired.