Latista Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

David Sosnow

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Taking off!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at Latista Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Team is empowered to wow customers. Best software in the space and getting better quickly. Motivated team and culture.

Cons

We haven't told our story very well historically so we need to improve on that. Need to connect the dots with Textura more aggressively.

Advice to Management

More of the same. Keep bringing the customers closer - we love 'em!

2. "Client Services"

Current Employee - Program Manager
    Current Employee - Program Manager

I have been working at Latista Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is a lot of autonomy in this job. Involvement with customers is paramount to success.

Cons

there is little to no connection between the client services team and the product team. There is no interest in listening to the voice of the customer when considering anything to do with product development. The environment in the office is generally very toxic and no effort is made to manage disruptive employees or to drive cohesive treatment of our clients.

Advice to Management

Manage the culture and manage the teams performance. Without structure there is chaos and with chaos comes discontent among the staff

3. "Tough Place to Sell"

I worked at Latista Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Free snacks and coffee
    - Affordable health insurance and other benefits
    - Highly trained product development team willing to support the sales team
    - Convenient location and parking

Cons

- Very little industry education provided to new salespeople
    - Product is increasingly difficult to sell due to well-funded, emerging competition in the market
    - Resistant to addressing and changing unsuccessful sales practices
    - Sales goals and expectations are unrealistic and unenforced
    - Over-competitive and negative sales environment
    - Often ignored by parent corporation due to the relatively small size of the company

Advice to Management

Hire people with the right experience, adapt to recent changes within the construction software industry, foster an accountable sales environment through attainable incentives and goals

4. "Account Executive"

I worked at Latista Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Small office environment. Nice environment and location.

Cons

Latista is still learning how to adjust to its growing business opportunities yet small workforce.

Advice to Management

Communicate effectively to match the fast-changing technology of cloud software applications.

5. "A good workplace with a few problems"

Pros

Very relaxed atmosphere and great people who are easy to get along with. Management is easy to get along with and understanding when available.

Cons

Management is not readily available for discussions or advice most days. Never received proper instruction or expectations for the job and had to kind of wing it and watch others. This isn't a bad thing, it was just annoying at some points.

Advice to Management

Make sure employees know what the issue is you have with them and provide a job description to follow.

6. "Overbearing management style"

Former Employee - Business Development in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Business Development in Reston, VA

I worked at Latista Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great product with great customer support team. Lunch on Fridays helps to bring the office together.

Cons

It was a great environment, but overbearing management makes it seem like they don't trust the people they hire. Make sure that you get things in writing.

7. "Action-packed, high energy organization with tremendous potential"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at Latista Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been working here for about a year and I am very pleased with my experience to the most part. LATISTA has the best product in the industry, an awesome senior management that runs the show diligently and a great team of employees that brings it all together - all the essential ingredients needed to be the next big thing in the AEC industry! We recently went through an acquisition and every employee I spoke to was pleased with the outcome, the founders of the company went the extra mile to make sure not only the transition was smooth but every single employee was protected.

Cons

The company is going through some serious growth spurt and it can sometime be overwhelming to meet your manager's expectations, but the management has laid out a new hiring plan for 2014 to balance the work load.

Advice to Management

Improve inter-department communication, continue to reward hard-working employees and keep up the great work!

8. "Fast Paced, Exciting and Great People"

I have been working at Latista Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work hard and enjoy the rewards. Management is very helpful and approachable in every department and they value every employee's opinions. Leading technology in the industry with no signs of slowing down.

Cons

As with any rapidly growing company there are some growing pains. Fortunately most of these have been addressed already.

Advice to Management

Continue to push the envelope on all fronts, believe in your team and we will do great things

9. "A Great Company To Work For"

I worked at Latista Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Latista is a great company to work for as long as you are willing to work hard. Employees are friendly and considerate. Senior management is very approachable (an open door policy).

Cons

Salary is a little low and there could be more opportunity to grow within the company.

Advice to Management

Continue to believe in your employees and give them more opportunity to grow. Overall, keep up the good work.

10. "Fast growing company, uniquely experienced team and sexy new technology. This is a company to grow with."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at Latista Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Get ready to be a sponge, get on board and push yourself. The management team values the opinion and hard work of their employees. They will also demand it. It's a good thing.

Cons

In such a fast growing company, with new clients to take on and new innovative tools to learn, resources start to feel a bit strained, causing a bit of discomfort between departments which all have their own goals to conquer.

Advice to Management

In the short year that I have been a part of this team, so much has been accomplished. Keep your standards high, trust your team members, and make sure that they have the tools needed to succeed.