KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Lattice Engines Reviews

Updated Apr 13, 2020

Found 79 of over 80 reviews

3.7
Lattice Engines CEO Shashi Upadhyay (no image)
Shashi Upadhyay
Pros
  • "Lots of Smart People in the company(in 12 reviews)

• "Lattice earned the position undisputed leader in predictive analytics for sales and marketing one success at time(in 8 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Terrible work life balance - You are expected to be available 24X7(in 6 reviews)

• "Demanding customers results in long hours(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great place to work

Jun 5, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work/Life Balance is a priority for management. Executive leadership is accessible to all employees.

Cons

I've enjoyed working there so no cons as of yet.

2. 4.0
      Former Employee

good

Apr 13, 2020 - Software Analytics Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

good team members to work with

Cons

start up with no new technologies

3. The latest conversations about Tech

183 Comments

Join the conversation on
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work and learn

Dec 6, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lattice is a fantastic place to learn how to be successful just about anywhere. The skills you learn here are invaluable, and the people you get to work with are a fantastic resource to learn from. I don't think you'd find this many smart people all around you anywhere else. Everyone is an open book and very eager to talk to you and mentor you if you ask. Lattizens come from all types of backgrounds, from consulting to academia, and it's great to get everyone's perspective. At Lattice, there is no standard, cookie cutter way of doing things, so you really get to innovate and come up with your own ideas a lot of the time. I love the people I work with and generall have a great time every day at work. The culture at Lattice is awesome. We work very hard, but we also have a lot of fun to balance things out. It's not uncommon to have a foosball tournament every now and then. There's also the occasional Nerf gun fights that keep everyone on their toes. Lattice caters lunch for us once a week, which is fantastic. A free meal is always nice, and it's a great way to bond with your coworkers.

Cons

It's a lot of work. You'll be expected to work weekends, which is fine. They will tell you upfront about this, so nothing unexpected.

4 people found this review helpful
    5. 3.0
      Former Employee

Good place to start - niche market solution

Apr 30, 2019 - Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Decent pay, good benefits, good product and great people. Very good place to start and learn, but growth is limited outside HQ (San Mateo) after a while. Leader in the market for enterprise B2B sales and marketing solutions.

Cons

Frequent lay-offs. Very crowded business space. Tech stack for product is good, but has become product solutions company than a real machine learning solutions based company which has reduced innovation

2 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Culture, People and Management

Feb 13, 2019 - Office Administrator in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people here are the company's best asset and management acknowledges this fact.

Cons

Not much bad to say about this place.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to learn, grow, and never be bored!

Sep 26, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Incredibly smart people who truly enjoy solving hard problems. You will learn a ton! - Vibrant space. The space being “predictive analytics for marketing and sales”. There is an exponentially increasing level of interest from B2B companies, plus a lot of well-funded players in the space. You won’t be bored! - Good product. Lattice admittedly struggled on the product front in the past, but that has changed. The product has been rebuilt from scratch over the last year. It is robust and feature-rich, and getting better with every release. I’m in professional services so I am hands-on with the product all the time, and it’s legitimately fun to work with.

Cons

- Multiple locations can make collaboration challenging at times. Lattice’s two main offices are in San Mateo and Austin. Smaller offices are in New York, Boston, and Beijing. - Vibrant space. Yes, it is a pro, but also a con. It’s a con because there are just too many players in the market. Sometimes it seems like there are too many VC-backed dollars chasing too few buyers. (The good news is that Lattice is the industry acknowledged leader.)

6 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Awesome Company To Be A Part Of

Oct 21, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great product and awesome culture. As exciting as the space is with so much predicted growth in the coming years, it's really the people that make this an awesome place to work. Everyone is extremely courteous to one another and easy to get along with. Additionally from my experience thus far, management here is top notch. They're always open to lending a helping hand and very open about sharing sales goals and expectations. My team has also proven to be one of the most collaborative environments I've ever had the pleasure of being a part of. We're constantly sharing best practices and experimenting with new ideas. There's truly never a dull day at work. I can't believe it's already been 6 months with the company. Time has really been flying by lately. Startups are always a toss-up and tumultuous by nature but it's definitely a breath of fresh air to be a part of one that has such a positive outlook.

Cons

There seems to be a strong focus on only supplying relatively healthy snacks, which can be a positive for some people but it would be nice to cycle in some Goldfish or the like from time to time. Also the Terra chips were amazing. Would be awesome if we could bring those back. Also the building doesn't allow pets which is unfortunate since so many folks in the office have dogs that could definitely liven up the environment.

2 people found this review helpful
    9. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Previous Employee

Nov 7, 2015 - Undefined in San Mateo, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, nice co-workers, nice office, and creative environment. Oh my God, you cannot ask for a better benefits package.

Cons

The product has not advanced as far as the marketing, and there has been a mass exodus of marketing and salespeople including 3 C-Level executives, and about ten salespeople and many marketing people in 2015. Early in 2015 there was a lot of buzz and it was a fun place to work then we got funding in the summer and the floor fell out as people left and morale took a hit. The recent gushing reviews don't reflect reality. Lattice trumpets that they created the market and they are right just like AltaVisa and Lycos were before Google. Lattice Engines had a big head start and is hamstrung by not being able to make logical IT and Product decisions as more nimble competitors continue to gain ground. Everyone knew what the problem was yet there was either not the will to intervene, or the authority. In marketing, we'd listen to the sales calls and most good opportunities were funneled to one place in the headquarters office while other salespeople struggled with challenging territories. Look at the Management page on the website and do you notice a few things missing? Like sales and marketing perchance?

7 people found this review helpful
    10. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

I work hard, I deliver, my career grows ... great opportunity for the right type of employee

Mar 25, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Access to CEO and leadership - Ability to make a difference (this is the reason why I work at startups) - Awesome people (brilliant, fun, family-like) - Top company in a hot industry, phenomenal product - Generous re: flexibility - we work hard, so it's great to feel supported - the company genuinely cares about employees - Competitive pay - Great benefits - above avg for tech companies If you work hard and deliver results, you will be rewarded - not only with compensation - with promotions, career growth, gratitude, and recognition.

Cons

Struggles of a typical growing startup: Too much to do and not enough time/people to do it. Working hard against high company/market/customer expectations. People seem to fit-in, or they don't. It depends on what drives your work ethic. (Personally, I like to work hard, be part of a team, and deliver results - so this is not a "con.")

4 people found this review helpful
    11. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Unsure about the company goal

Feb 14, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits- Best healthcare (company covers 90%) , life insurance ($100K) Work place flexibility- Since you are loaded with work, they don't care from where you work. If you don't feel like going to office someday, you can work from home. On flip side, if you are on vacation, you are still expected to be available/working Not Stingy- If you travel, you can stay in the best hotels and reimbursement limits are not close fisted. Culture & People - Company outings, stocked kitchen, free weekly lunch, mostly easily reachable ,smart and friendly people Knowledge Gain- You will understand how predictive analytics work in sales & marketing

Cons

Terrible work life balance - You are expected to be available 24X7. 60 hrs/week work is min, 70 avg and 80+ not uncommon. People working during vacation is not uncommon either. Planning your weekend can be tough many times which affects your social life and relationship with friends/family. No Career Opportunity- There is no structure for career progression. They expect employees to be around 2 years. Lack of Respect- Although 'Mutual Respect' is one of the company core values, employees have been reprimanded publicly at all levels. Culture & People - Some rotten apples can make your life stinky Unusable skill gain- If in 'Analytics' , you will be working on proprietary tools which won't be useful later in your career.

16 people found this review helpful

Lattice Engines Response

Director of People

Thank you for your review and pointing out the things you liked about Lattice. We're sorry you found some things challenging, but we do appreciate your candidness. Your honest feedback is critical to helping us improve as an organization. I would like to share our thoughts on a few items you mentioned. - Work Life Balance. I'm sorry to hear that your role was extraordinarily demanding, and I'm sad that it affected personal life. My guess would be that you were a hard-working, smart individual, and much was asked of you because we knew you were capable. We know people work hard, here, but we wish we had an opportunity to know about this and take better care. With that said, we are a start-up, and we do a lot in order to successfully deliver our product to our customers. Work ebbs and flows, and managers often allow employees comp time to make up for late nights and weekend work. We want you to take proper vacations, PTO, and disconnect - we certainly don't expect people to work when they are on PTO. - Career Opportunity. We cherish individuals who take control of their own career progression. However, we did realize there was a need for more structure and we took action - In January 2015, we launched job-levels for Engineering and Data Operations employees, which provides clear career structure, promotion/comp opportunities, as well as training and development. For example, there are several Analytics Engineers that have grown into roles such as Data Scientist, Solutions Consultant - and grew to be managers and directors. - Culture & People. I'm sorry to read that you worked with someone that you didn't care for. We often hear that we have amazing, smart employees working for Lattice - and thank you for saying as such. We want to know if someone around here is a rotten apple so we can address it, but overall, we believe we have a very special group of people here.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 79 Reviews