Lattice Engines Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Lattice Engines CEO Shashi Upadhyay
Shashi Upadhyay

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • predictive analytics for marketing and sales (in 7 reviews)

• Lots of Smart People in the company (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Terrible work life balance - You are expected to be available 24X7 (in 6 reviews)

• Commute to San Mateo is getting harder (in 5 reviews)

"It tastes sweeter with a challenge"

Current Employee - Marketing
    Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at Lattice Engines full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A great place to learn and be exposed to a growing industry. Currently, we are performing at our finest, and being recognized as a leader by multiple leading analysts, as well as our marketing & sales peers. Another positive is being surrounded by talented colleagues who push you to grow outside your limits.

Cons

Some management teams could use some refinement

Advice to Management

Don’t forget to help others grow and encourage teamwork

"Company needs some adult supervision"

I worked at Lattice Engines full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good product, some very good and dedicated staff. Some loyal customers.

Cons

Senior management has all the answers, does not listen to the people doing the work. It's "their way or the highway." Customers have moved on to other companies, and mgt blames everyone but themselves. In many cases Lattice fails to make the short list. Surprising amount of turnover in some groups. Lots of micromanagement. Revolving door in sales, sales management. No significant marketing going on. Sales people expected to conduct their own field marketing activities.

Advice to Management

Start listening to the people who have something to contribute. Brute force and ego will only get you so far. You are not always right. Customers have more options than ever and just because Lattice was one of the first in the market doesn't mean it's one of the best. Get out of the way and let people do the jobs you hired them to do.

"Sinking Ship"

Former Employee - Sales in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Lattice Engines full-time

Pros

free snacks and a semi cool office

Cons

-constant churn of employees (some have been axed after only 2 weeks, which was solely training)
    -no work life balance
    -very little guidance/leadership from upper management
    -constant bad mouthing of competition
    -felt like a puppy mill
    -no opportunities for growth promotions are simply raises and a title change, without a change in responsibility

Advice to Management

-be more transparent with employees
    -try to understand your market a bit more (constantly changing value prop messaging)

"Good product but does layoff too often"

I worked at Lattice Engines full-time

Pros

technology is good and according to itself, it's a market leader. I do see the potential.

Friday free lunch
    birthday celebration

Cons

seems like the company does a round of layoff every year, which is a bit too much.

5. "Getting better everyday"

Current Employee - Manager in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Lattice Engines full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Recognized Market leader on all metrics - Revenue, Customer count, Customer quality
    Beating targets every quarter
    Product is amazing
    Colleagues are really smart and helpful
    Very very happy customers
    Learn something new everyday

Cons

Fast paced and intense
    Enterprise focus is not for everyone
    Desperate competitors confuse the market

Advice to Management

Last 8 quarters have been amazing - keep doing what you are doing

6. "General"

I worked at Lattice Engines (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of Smart People in the company.

Cons

Changing direction frequently makes uncertain atmosphere at times.

"At the cutting edge...with both the people and the product to match"

Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Lattice Engines full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The best job I've ever had, and I've had some good ones.

The Space: At Lattice, I truly believe we are at the cutting edge of the data/machine learning revolution when it comes to sales and marketing, and it's a very interesting place to be for a data nerd like me.

The People: Working here is to be surrounded by impressive people in all departments (though frankly not all people in all departments). My boss and the execs continually impress me, PhD data scientists abound, and the product, customer, and engineering team are top-notch. Lattice is home to some of the most experienced folks when it comes to actually implementing solutions and making them work. Lots of "A" players along with a shocking amount of humility.

The Lifestyle: I'm fortunate to have significant control over my time, so while there's often a great deal of work to do, I get to control the hours when and location where I do the work, which improves my lifestyle immensely. I can leave early/arrive late to meet a friend and then sign back on later in the evening and no one bats an eye as long as the work gets don. Salary and benefits are at or above market.

The Culture: Run by adults, at the risk of not being super "fun." Not full of happy hours or keggers, but coworkers are kind, respectful, and open to being social at work. Weekly office lunches as a group and frequent smaller interactions make me look forward to going to the office.

The Product: The best in the space, and always improving. It has improved massively since I joined ~1 year ago. An impressive and growing number of successful deployments, customer advocates, and success stories.

Cons

Cross-pollination of information and best practices between product/engineering/sales/success could be a bit smoother and more frequent.

Peak workloads can get intense when projects collide.

The market is a bit immature, particularly in the enterprise space, which requires a fair bit of basic education on data-driven selling and marketing and can lead prospects to focus on the wrong things in the beginning of sales cycles.

There is a tension between customizing deployments and being a pure-play product company with minimal tailoring of functionality.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, I'm happy with my job and with the company.

"Great opportunity to grow"

I worked at Lattice Engines full-time

Pros

You wear many different hats, giving you tons of great experience you wouldn't expect. The opportunity to grow and develop in this company is endless. There are awesome people to work with, catered lunches every Friday and great benefits/pay.

Cons

Lots of work to be done which falls into your weekends.

Advice to Management

Bring back the Latt1ce culture!

"Working at Lattice in competitive environment-solid employer for solid candidates"

Current Employee - Sales & Service
    Current Employee - Sales & Service

I have been working at Lattice Engines full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lattice pioneered the predictive market for B2B and continues to lead the way. The Lattice appeal is aligned to the customers with loftier goals than just a "scoring platform" and thus requires a solid team to sell, service and renew our customer engagements. Lattice work environment is demanding, but fun and fair. We rely on each other to win and constantly exceed expectations. There is good pathway for career development for those looking for upward mobility and be part of a growing team. While the competition seems to be downsizing or out of touch with their "offshore parent" entity Lattice enjoys prosperity and is in touch with employee morale.

Cons

It is fast paced; we take our work seriously and that pace is not for everybody. This is not "just a job".

Advice to Management

Continue to understand that the technology job marketplace is competitive. Continue to scrutinize all future hires and make sure they understand our core values.

"Excellent team, atmosphere"

I have been working at Lattice Engines full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management is very supportive and will pull out all the stops to help make you successful.

Cons

As is the case with any small, high growth company you have to wear many hats.