Lattice Engines Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
Lattice Engines CEO Shashi Upadhyay
Shashi Upadhyay

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • In the past two years, the concept of predictive applications for marketing and sales have become top-of-mind for CMOs of companies big and small (in 7 reviews)

• Lots of Smart People in the company (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Terrible work life balance - You are expected to be available 24X7 (in 5 reviews)

• Commute to San Mateo is getting harder (in 5 reviews)

1. "Getting better everyday"

Current Employee - Manager in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Lattice Engines full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Recognized Market leader on all metrics - Revenue, Customer count, Customer quality
    Beating targets every quarter
    Product is amazing
    Colleagues are really smart and helpful
    Very very happy customers
    Learn something new everyday

Cons

Fast paced and intense
    Enterprise focus is not for everyone
    Desperate competitors confuse the market

Advice to Management

Last 8 quarters have been amazing - keep doing what you are doing

2. "General"

I worked at Lattice Engines (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of Smart People in the company.

Cons

Changing direction frequently makes uncertain atmosphere at times.

"At the cutting edge...with both the people and the product to match"

Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Lattice Engines full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The best job I've ever had, and I've had some good ones.

The Space: At Lattice, I truly believe we are at the cutting edge of the data/machine learning revolution when it comes to sales and marketing, and it's a very interesting place to be for a data nerd like me.

The People: Working here is to be surrounded by impressive people in all departments (though frankly not all people in all departments). My boss and the execs continually impress me, PhD data scientists abound, and the product, customer, and engineering team are top-notch. Lattice is home to some of the most experienced folks when it comes to actually implementing solutions and making them work. Lots of "A" players along with a shocking amount of humility.

The Lifestyle: I'm fortunate to have significant control over my time, so while there's often a great deal of work to do, I get to control the hours when and location where I do the work, which improves my lifestyle immensely. I can leave early/arrive late to meet a friend and then sign back on later in the evening and no one bats an eye as long as the work gets don. Salary and benefits are at or above market.

The Culture: Run by adults, at the risk of not being super "fun." Not full of happy hours or keggers, but coworkers are kind, respectful, and open to being social at work. Weekly office lunches as a group and frequent smaller interactions make me look forward to going to the office.

The Product: The best in the space, and always improving. It has improved massively since I joined ~1 year ago. An impressive and growing number of successful deployments, customer advocates, and success stories.

Cons

Cross-pollination of information and best practices between product/engineering/sales/success could be a bit smoother and more frequent.

Peak workloads can get intense when projects collide.

The market is a bit immature, particularly in the enterprise space, which requires a fair bit of basic education on data-driven selling and marketing and can lead prospects to focus on the wrong things in the beginning of sales cycles.

There is a tension between customizing deployments and being a pure-play product company with minimal tailoring of functionality.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, I'm happy with my job and with the company.

"Great opportunity to grow"

I worked at Lattice Engines full-time

Pros

You wear many different hats, giving you tons of great experience you wouldn't expect. The opportunity to grow and develop in this company is endless. There are awesome people to work with, catered lunches every Friday and great benefits/pay.

Cons

Lots of work to be done which falls into your weekends.

Advice to Management

Bring back the Latt1ce culture!

"Working at Lattice in competitive environment-solid employer for solid candidates"

Current Employee - Sales & Service
    Current Employee - Sales & Service

I have been working at Lattice Engines full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lattice pioneered the predictive market for B2B and continues to lead the way. The Lattice appeal is aligned to the customers with loftier goals than just a "scoring platform" and thus requires a solid team to sell, service and renew our customer engagements. Lattice work environment is demanding, but fun and fair. We rely on each other to win and constantly exceed expectations. There is good pathway for career development for those looking for upward mobility and be part of a growing team. While the competition seems to be downsizing or out of touch with their "offshore parent" entity Lattice enjoys prosperity and is in touch with employee morale.

Cons

It is fast paced; we take our work seriously and that pace is not for everybody. This is not "just a job".

Advice to Management

Continue to understand that the technology job marketplace is competitive. Continue to scrutinize all future hires and make sure they understand our core values.

"Excellent team, atmosphere"

I have been working at Lattice Engines full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management is very supportive and will pull out all the stops to help make you successful.

Cons

As is the case with any small, high growth company you have to wear many hats.

"Great place to work and learn"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Lattice Engines full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lattice is a fantastic place to learn how to be successful just about anywhere. The skills you learn here are invaluable, and the people you get to work with are a fantastic resource to learn from.

I don't think you'd find this many smart people all around you anywhere else. Everyone is an open book and very eager to talk to you and mentor you if you ask. Lattizens come from all types of backgrounds, from consulting to academia, and it's great to get everyone's perspective.

At Lattice, there is no standard, cookie cutter way of doing things, so you really get to innovate and come up with your own ideas a lot of the time.

I love the people I work with and generall have a great time every day at work. The culture at Lattice is awesome. We work very hard, but we also have a lot of fun to balance things out. It's not uncommon to have a foosball tournament every now and then. There's also the occasional Nerf gun fights that keep everyone on their toes.

Lattice caters lunch for us once a week, which is fantastic. A free meal is always nice, and it's a great way to bond with your coworkers.

Cons

It's a lot of work. You'll be expected to work weekends, which is fine. They will tell you upfront about this, so nothing unexpected.

Advice to Management

Keep doing whatever it is you're already doing. I trust the management 100%. They have managed our resources excellently, and new deals keep coming in.

"Great Company in an Incredibly Exciting Space"

I have been working at Lattice Engines full-time

Pros

- Lattice Engines is full of incredibly bright and driven people that are a joy to work with.

- The predictive sales & marketing analytics space, in which Lattice is a clear leader, is growing at a tremendous rate with significant VC investment.

- Company is focused on delivering clear business value to customers vs. predictive analytics hype.

- Management and leadership looks out for employees with flexibility in career paths, relocation, and great benefits.

Cons

- Pretty distributed for company of this size, but company works hard to keep offices connected.

- As with any startup, you can expect a fast paced, dynamic, and fluid work environment which some might consider challenging.

Advice to Management

Maintain current focus on product and improvements that deliver clear business value.

"Right space at the right time"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Lattice Engines full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Smart people
    - Customers love our solutions
    - Free snacks and weekly lunches
    - Good compensation

Overall, Lattice is a good place to work. Management knows what needs to be done in terms of product and people. There may not be enough resources to solve all product and people related issues, but they are top of mind.

Cons

- Need to hire more people
    - Work on infrastructure

We have a great opportunity in the market and large lead over competitors, but we need to stay focused on real customer needs when investing in products including our infrastructure.

Advice to Management

- Stay focused on a few key strategies at a time

"Great place to learn, grow, and never be bored!"

I have been working at Lattice Engines full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Incredibly smart people who truly enjoy solving hard problems. You will learn a ton!
    - Vibrant space. The space being “predictive analytics for marketing and sales”. There is an exponentially increasing level of interest from B2B companies, plus a lot of well-funded players in the space. You won’t be bored!
    - Good product. Lattice admittedly struggled on the product front in the past, but that has changed. The product has been rebuilt from scratch over the last year. It is robust and feature-rich, and getting better with every release. I’m in professional services so I am hands-on with the product all the time, and it’s legitimately fun to work with.

Cons

- Multiple locations can make collaboration challenging at times. Lattice’s two main offices are in San Mateo and Austin. Smaller offices are in New York, Boston, and Beijing.
    - Vibrant space. Yes, it is a pro, but also a con. It’s a con because there are just too many players in the market. Sometimes it seems like there are too many VC-backed dollars chasing too few buyers. (The good news is that Lattice is the industry acknowledged leader.)

Advice to Management

- Be financial prudent (which they seem to be doing)! As mentioned, this is an over-populated space. However, Lattice is the “big dog” with plenty of backing from the top VCs. As long as management is smart, Lattice will win.