KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Lattice Engines

Is this your company?

Lattice Engines

Add a Review

Lattice Engines Employee Reviews about "startups"

Updated Oct 21, 2018

Verify your email to use filters. Having problems? Resend email
Found 80 of over 80 reviews
3.7
70% Recommend to a Friend
77% Approve of CEO

Found 2 of over 80 reviews

3.7
Lattice Engines CEO Shashi Upadhyay (no image)
Shashi Upadhyay

Technical Account Manager

62 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Many extremely smart people across the company.(in 15 reviews)
  • "The culture at Lattice is awesome.(in 6 reviews)
  • "Great benefits(in 5 reviews)
  • "The pay is above average but in return for above average pay you'll have to deal with the negatives, which are many.(in 4 reviews)
  • "My team has also proven to be one of the most collaborative environments I've ever had the pleasure of being a part of.(in 4 reviews)
Cons
  • "no work life balance(in 4 reviews)
  • "Day to day work can be monotonous and require long hours on weekends and evenings due to the nature of loading data into the software during 'off hours'.(in 4 reviews)
  • "Lack of Respect(in 2 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "startups"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Awesome Company To Be A Part Of

Oct 21, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great product and awesome culture. As exciting as the space is with so much predicted growth in the coming years, it's really the people that make this an awesome place to work. Everyone is extremely courteous to one another and easy to get along with. Additionally from my experience thus far, management here is top notch. They're always open to lending a helping hand and very open about sharing sales goals and expectations. My team has also proven to be one of the most collaborative environments I've ever had the pleasure of being a part of. We're constantly sharing best practices and experimenting with new ideas. There's truly never a dull day at work. I can't believe it's already been 6 months with the company. Time has really been flying by lately. Startups are always a toss-up and tumultuous by nature but it's definitely a breath of fresh air to be a part of one that has such a positive outlook.

Cons

There seems to be a strong focus on only supplying relatively healthy snacks, which can be a positive for some people but it would be nice to cycle in some Goldfish or the like from time to time. Also the Terra chips were amazing. Would be awesome if we could bring those back. Also the building doesn't allow pets which is unfortunate since so many folks in the office have dogs that could definitely liven up the environment.

Continue reading
    2 people found this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company to grow with

Sep 2, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Been at Lattice for almost 3 years and enjoy the many opportunities I’ve been given. Started in an individual contributor role and been promoted into a management role. Being a professional in Silicon Valley and worked in quite a few startups, I can see that Lattice focuses on growing their employees and providing career development opportunities. This makes me feel valued and appreciated. Work with a lot of smart people and being a part of an amazing new technology!

Cons

Lattice is like any growing company where there are growing pains, long work hours, and undefined culture. I have seen an improvement in these areas over the time I’ve worked here. Management is making an effort like re-evaluating the company values, centralizing the company to one location (San Mateo) to help bring teams together and promote collaboration. This place is not for everyone. You have to put in your hours and work hard, but you definitely get rewarded for it.

5 people found this review helpful
  3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great potential - exciting space with interesting problems to solve

Aug 31, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Exciting space with huge potential. Leader in the space, with strong customer base, backing of top investors. - Many extremely smart people across the company. - Great opportunities, especially for engineers. Broad-based products/solutions, plenty of opportunities to get exposure to many areas interesting to engineers. - Some of the groups, for example, engineering, actually invest on developing people & people's career advancement, much more than your typical Silicon Valley startups.

Cons

- Tough products to build & sell, so things can get hectic at times. - A lot of interesting problems to solve in this space & it's hard to focus.

6 people found this review helpful
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

I work hard, I deliver, my career grows ... great opportunity for the right type of employee

Mar 25, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Access to CEO and leadership - Ability to make a difference (this is the reason why I work at startups) - Awesome people (brilliant, fun, family-like) - Top company in a hot industry, phenomenal product - Generous re: flexibility - we work hard, so it's great to feel supported - the company genuinely cares about employees - Competitive pay - Great benefits - above avg for tech companies If you work hard and deliver results, you will be rewarded - not only with compensation - with promotions, career growth, gratitude, and recognition.

Cons

Struggles of a typical growing startup: Too much to do and not enough time/people to do it. Working hard against high company/market/customer expectations. People seem to fit-in, or they don't. It depends on what drives your work ethic. (Personally, I like to work hard, be part of a team, and deliver results - so this is not a "con.")

Continue reading