Launch Business Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0

"Never Received Pay"

Former Employee - Web Developer in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Launch Business Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

There was no pros to this company besides my coworkers

Cons

I worked there for 5 weeks and never received pay. I got the runaround and was lied to on a daily basis.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees!

Launch Business Solutions2017-07-20

"Stay as far away from this business as possible..."

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Launch Business Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

My coworkers were great but that was about it.

Cons

After reading the review below, everything stated there follows through to his next "batch of employees", which I was a part of. During few months I worked there we were not once paid on time, checks were on hold always, we never receiving checks on time because the owner would not show up to give it to us and a million excuses were given but the issue was never resolved. The issue lies in the owner whom does... not seem to care about his employees as he never once tried to resolve these issues and constantly put blame elsewhere while playing it off like everything was cool when it clearly was not. Either that or he refused to even acknowledge our daily texts and calls asking for our paychecks. Communication was the second biggest issue after pay. Clients would continuously ask for updates and info but the owner of Launch wouldn't get back to them to a point where clients tried to reach out to us as designers. There was also constant miscommunication where the owner would say he sent us something (be it important info for a project, etc) and we never received it. Blame seemed to be put on us. We would also all get selective couple word responses to questions asked for clarification on projects which led to us finishing something and then getting a negative response whenever he finally got to look at it whenever he would actually be there in person. And finally, the owner was never on time when he said he would be, consistently, for weeks on end. All in all, the list of cons could go on forever. Do not apply here, he should not be in business at all because he doesn't know how to run one and treat his employees respectfully. He is all talk and no action. ALL THREE OF HIS MOST RECENT EMPLOYEES (INCLUDING ME) ARE STILL WAITING ON AN ENTIRE MONTH AND A HALF'S WORTH PAY.

Advice to Management

Stick to owning one company rather than 5+. There is a reason the employee turnover is so high and it's how horribly the business is run.

Launch Business Solutions2017-04-25

"This review is mostly about the Owner of LBS then the actual Company"

Former Employee - Junior Graphic Designer in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Launch Business Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

You learn how to NOT manage a business and what NOT to do as a designer. You also learn how to not let people take advantage of you.

Cons

Working at Launch started out well the first couple of months. As a Junior Graphic Designer I was learning a lot of stuff and how my boss worked at the time. But after a couple of months i started to notice really shady things. First of all I was being underpaid for my Degree (Associates Degree Designers start with a minimum of $15 highest $20) I started at $12. Then my boss was being unprofessional, he would... talk crap about his clients in front of us, or mute his conversations on the phone (with the clients) and talk more crap about them or imitate them. Then around August I got a pay raise ($13, still underpaid) and to Renew my contract, except, he never actually gave me the physical contract to sign and to have proof that i was actually getting paid what he said i was getting paid. I asked him for the New Contract and he said he was in the process of making it. Well, i never got it. Around that same time my Co-workers and I started to have problems with our checks (he pays with checks) They were bouncing. And he was giving us various excuses, that it was his bank, that it was our bank's fault, that some one stole $34,000 from his bank blah blah blah. Our checks bounced 4-6 times in a 4 month period. So us, as workers, stopped trusting him, he screwed us over, some of us weren't able to pay rent or bills because it would take him an average of 4 days to give us cash for the checks that kept bouncing (also shady). Long story short, my coworkers and I didn't trust him any more nor took him serious as a business man. He would also throw temper tantrums when we would constructively criticize his design ideas and would talk very obvious crap about us to his friends/lovers. A lot of things happened that made us want to leave. I would not work with this man, He is unprofessional and is very shady. I have been out of the company for almost 2 weeks and he still hasn't given us our W-2s and our last paycheck. If you are a Junior Designer or Web developer looking for experience, don't go with this guy, He purposely looks for unexperienced people to somehow take advantage of them. Get experience with some bigger legit company. This guy is not legit. Don't waste your time here.

Advice to Management

Just get out of the Industry, He himself said he wouldn't of wasted his time with Launch if he knew it would of been this hard.

Launch Business Solutions2017-01-31