Launch Digital Marketing Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Launch Digital Marketing Co-founder and CEO Joe Chura
Joe Chura

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Fast-paced (if you are up for that)" (in 3 reviews)

• "Some truly great people with good hearts and sharp minds" (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work life balance can be challenging at times but management is trying to make this better" (in 7 reviews)

• "There are promises of pay bands to bring our pay up to market standards, but no one has seen those yet" (in 4 reviews)

"LDM Review"

I have been working at Launch Digital Marketing full-time

Pros

The people are phenomenal. They're fun, smart, creative, and really hard working. Our culture cannot be duplicated and our results in the marketplace reflect that.

Cons

Our salaries could be higher.

Feb 28, 2018 – Director of People Operations

Thank you for the review!

"Account Manager"

I worked at Launch Digital Marketing full-time

Pros

- Opportunity to grow
    - Worked with some very talented co-workers
    - Cool company events & holiday parties
    - Doing lots of cool things and opportunity to be part of that

Cons

- Long hours and lots of work. Love work, but some times it was just too much with no other choice than to work late into the night.
    - Low pay
    - Very young people in management roles

Advice to Management

Pay your employees what they deserve and work harder to allow them to breath.

"Low-Pay, Not Worth the Headache"

I worked at Launch Digital Marketing full-time

Pros

Sorry, but there aren't any.

Cons

Poor management. Young and inexperienced.

Advice to Management

Time to be replaced...

"Just Another Stepping Stone Company"

Pros

Sever amounts of alcohol, lots of parties

Cons

Are you a fresh new college graduate with crippling debt and looking for a below-average pay? Do you like alcohol and fraternizing with other young inexperienced individuals? Then this apply today. Get your 1-2 years of experience, then find a real job with real benefits that actually pays a somewhat average salary. It also doesn’t help that retirement vesting periods continuously change. While I was employed, it changed multiple times. Benefits are sub-par at best.

Management

Young and inexperienced when it comes to managing a team for just about every department. There are no leadership qualities, and many have not been in management roles previously. They are not there to help you progress in your career, only to dictate what you need to do, and do it in a timely manner… Questioning you along the way. Not once was I asked “How can I help you achieve your goals?” Or “Is there anything I can do to help?”. Just critical opinions that are usually not even based upon performance, but on personal preference and likability. Favorites are clearly being played.

Immature College Life

The majority of employees are young, entry-level graduates with fun, lively personalities. But with those young lively personalities comes immaturity and poor attitudes. The property is stocked with plenty of alcohol, where most employees take advantage and make sure that you know via social media that they’re working “At the best company ever”. Dancing on tables, solo cups etc. are just some of the photos you’ll see representing this company. Sad.

Google Certifications

Every employee is required to become certified with Google in some or all categories (depending on what department you are in). However, 95% of the employees don’t care and just go online and find the answers. The information is not retained in any way, shape or form. There have been “study groups” and Slack channels created specifically to pass along answers to get the test out of the way. The company is well aware since they needed to run a contest where there were monetary payouts to incentivize the employees to “Just get it done as soon as possible”.

At the end of the day this is just an adult daycare with cry babies and inexperience. Where they mostly cater to automotive dealerships and spoon-feed them average or below average marketing strategies and “best” practices at high costs since most clients are extremely unknowledgeable and will just pay and assume that they’re getting good service since the CEO is a “car guy”. As previously mentioned, this is a stepping-stone company structured for young graduates who need something to build off of.

Advice to Management

Your inexperience is showing...

Jul 10, 2018 – Director of People Operations

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. While we value feedback to help us grow and explore opportunities to make organizational changes, it is important to address any misinformation. We... More

"Overworked and Underpaid"

Former Employee - Content Associate in Naperville, IL
    Former Employee - Content Associate in Naperville, IL

I worked at Launch Digital Marketing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- A team full of cool, creative people
    - Working Remotely

Cons

- Benefits are terrible, with very little PTO (and increases that only happen every two years) and 401k matching that you'll never actually be able to access (you have to work there for 6 years to keep it).

- Salaries are severely below the industry average. It seems like their hiring policy depends on getting people straight out of college who don't know any better.

- Little to no communication. They list "Transparency" as a core tenet, but all major decisions happen behind the scenes and are only announced right before they go into effect. Even when you know something's going on, management won't acknowledge it. This has resulted in several team "riots" where employees rightfully speak up about never getting answers—these are often punished.

- Terrible hours. They insist that they only want you working 9 to 5, but I've heard management say that overtime is the baseline, which makes sense when you consider the ridiculous amount of work they want you to get done per day. You don't get paid any extra for overtime, and you're expected to work even further beyond that to move up in the company.

- Overbearing company culture. There's a sense that they want your entire life to revolve around them, resulting in a lot of mandatory "fun" and extracurricular work. The fact that so many of the employees are married to each other and bring in family members to work is telling.

- Completely disorganized. Over the course of two years, my position completely changed three times (with no adjustment in pay) and our team was completely restructured several times as well. Again, these things happen with no warning—I found out my job changed the morning it went into effect.

Advice to Management

- Communicate more and actually be transparent. I don't understand why you can't let your employees in on what's going on, or that decisions are being made.

- Pay a fair wage. You have some of the most talented and hard-working people in the business working for you, and you pay them next to nothing. It's absurd how little you're paying people who are being worked to death. There's a reason your Account Manager turnover is so high.

- Re-organize the whole company. You're a huge company that's still operating like a start-up, where every decision has to go through one guy before it can be approved. That's absurd. Start delegating.

May 1, 2018 – Director of People Operations

I appreciate you taking the time to review and share your feedback. I would like to address several points in the review as I am unsure how long you’ve been away from the company.

Increasing... More

"Low pay. Management needs work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

I worked at Launch Digital Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free food. 1 hour lunch.

Cons

You log 40 hours of work but realistically work 60.
    Very low pay considering Industry standard. High expectations and aren't provided the tools that are needed. When reaching out for help it takes alot of time to receive help and sometimes it's too late. Start up feel for a established company. Very clicky between co workers. Tenets written on the wall don't match how the company works.

Advice to Management

If employees need help you should listen. Many old habbits that higher ups won't change. Listen to the complaints.

7. "Great place to work. Fast pace but fun."

I have been working at Launch Digital Marketing full-time

Pros

I have been with Launch for about 1 year now. I am very happy here and look forward to many more enjoyable years. We work very hard here in a fast pace environment. There are stressful days but for the most part I love getting up in the morning to come to work. I recommend LDM to my friends and family.

The bad reviews on Glassdoor scared me when I applied but I took the leap and do not have any of the problems that were written in these reviews.

Like all work environments there are some areas for improvement but I feel that the management team strives to fix any and all problems on a daily basis.

Cons

The pay could be a little better but I love where I am so I am willing to trade the increase in pay to be at a place like this.

Advice to Management

Keep learning from what the employees are saying and Launch will continue to grow.

Jan 15, 2018 – Director of People Operations

Thank you for the review. I appreciate the feedback and am happy you're enjoying your time with us!

8. "Inclusive culture at fast growing company"

Current Employee - Client Services Manager in Naperville, IL
    Current Employee - Client Services Manager in Naperville, IL

I have been working at Launch Digital Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits (Insurance, 401k, gym, meals, snacks, PTO, sick leave, free parking, quarterly summits), motivated managers, fast-paced work, room to innovate, on the job training/learning, family culture, room to grow and move up, darn good people

Cons

Must be resourceful, ability to work with remote teams a huge plus (many of us work in other cities), learning curve for technology higher than average (it's a tech company!)

Advice to Management

Keep motivating your teams by explaining the "why" behind decisions and including them in big picture discussion!

Jan 9, 2018 – Director of People Operations

Thank you for the feedback. We've been reviewing and updating benefits based on employee feedback, so happy to hear you feel they're a pro!

9. "Great place to work - tell your friends!"

I have been working at Launch Digital Marketing full-time

Pros

Ability to grow, within your own team or across companies. Supportive management . Helpful team members - everyone is busy but they would all stop what they are doing to lend a hand to a fellow employee. Leading edge - everyone wants to be the best at what we do. Work hard, play hard environment. Super passionate employees - we all share a common goal of loving what we do and wanting to be the best at it.

Cons

You won't be spoon fed here. If you aren't willing to want to learn and dive in to figure things out, you won't do well. Often times the answers aren't out there - we are leading the way and creating the answers.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your employees - you have a smart team of people here!

Jan 8, 2018 – Director of People Operations

Thank you for the review! Happy to hear you're enjoying the work here and feel you have what you need!

"I see the negative reviews keep pouring in! Perspective employees, BELIEVE THEM!"

I worked at Launch Digital Marketing full-time

Pros

I learned quite a bit about perseverance, anger management, maintaining my own decorum, nepotism, narcissism and how not to treat employees.

Cons

As much as I want to like this place, management makes it impossible for me to even entertain the idea. For starters, every time there is a flood of legitimate negative reviews, several fake positive ones immediately follow. Of course, they are written by management. What happened to the concept of integrity? Why do you feel the need to counter real views with made-up ones? Why not study all the reviews, find what the common themes are, and establish a strategy to address the company's shortcomings. How can you fathom the idea of improvement if you keep ignoring what your employees are suggesting or complaining about? Why is it impossible to reconcile top-quality services to demanding clients with a friendly, supportive, and caring work environment for your employees? You are an agency, which means that your main asset are the human talents.

Advice to Management

Please, please, please, listen to your employees and stop the fake impression that you care and that you value opinions, with the open-door policy. Because all of us know that an official complaint about the work environment or the company is synonymous with a brutal retaliation. I've seen it and I have been there.

Jan 18, 2018 – Director of People Operations

I appreciate your advice to management - we've been doing just that for over a year now with an internal anonymous survey system to take in feedback and make positive changes in the organization. I... More