Cover image for Launch Digital Marketing

Launch Digital Marketing Co-founder and CEO Joe Chura
Joe Chura

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

LDM Review

Feb 15, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people are phenomenal. They're fun, smart, creative, and really hard working. Our culture cannot be duplicated and our results in the marketplace reflect that.

Cons

Our salaries could be higher.

2 people found this review helpful

Director of People Operations

Thank you for the review!

2. 3.0

Trust Other Reviews

Nov 5, 2022 - Account Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Location flexibility and WFH fridays

Cons

CEO does not have the best temperament

3. Join the Launch Digital Marketing team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good Entry Level Position for Recent College Grads

Mar 17, 2021 - Associate Account Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Assisting Account Managers, Senior Account Managers, and Supervisors in strategic / client-facing position -Relaxed dress code / work environment -Direct and thorough onboarding process

Cons

-Micromanagement from superiors -Job role similar to Administrative Assistant

5. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Take care of the employees and they will take care of your clients.

Feb 8, 2019 - Account Manager in Naperville, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun environment, there is always something going on. There's a lot of perks with a growing company and a booming area. I met a lot of interesting people here.

Cons

It was really a hit or a miss. In our region, a lot of good people left due to poor management or lack of management rather. They were willing to throw people under the bus to protect themselves. That's the least of their worries now with the recent buy out and talks of another acquisition.

3 people found this review helpful

Director of People Operations

I appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. I am disappointed to hear your management experience has been sub par. I'm always open to feedback in office so we can take action where needed.

6. 3.0

Account Manager

Oct 3, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Opportunity to grow - Worked with some very talented co-workers - Cool company events & holiday parties - Doing lots of cool things and opportunity to be part of that

Cons

- Long hours and lots of work. Love work, but some times it was just too much with no other choice than to work late into the night. - Low pay - Very young people in management roles

4 people found this review helpful
  7. 1.0

Low-Pay, Not Worth the Headache

Oct 11, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Sorry, but there aren't any.

Cons

Poor management. Young and inexperienced.

9 people found this review helpful
  8. 1.0

Just Another Stepping Stone Company

Jul 4, 2018 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Sever amounts of alcohol, lots of parties

Cons

Are you a fresh new college graduate with crippling debt and looking for a below-average pay? Do you like alcohol and fraternizing with other young inexperienced individuals? Then this apply today. Get your 1-2 years of experience, then find a real job with real benefits that actually pays a somewhat average salary. It also doesn’t help that retirement vesting periods continuously change. While I was employed, it changed multiple times. Benefits are sub-par at best. Management Young and inexperienced when it comes to managing a team for just about every department. There are no leadership qualities, and many have not been in management roles previously. They are not there to help you progress in your career, only to dictate what you need to do, and do it in a timely manner… Questioning you along the way. Not once was I asked “How can I help you achieve your goals?” Or “Is there anything I can do to help?”. Just critical opinions that are usually not even based upon performance, but on personal preference and likability. Favorites are clearly being played. Immature College Life The majority of employees are young, entry-level graduates with fun, lively personalities. But with those young lively personalities comes immaturity and poor attitudes. The property is stocked with plenty of alcohol, where most employees take advantage and make sure that you know via social media that they’re working “At the best company ever”. Dancing on tables, solo cups etc. are just some of the photos you’ll see representing this company. Sad. Google Certifications Every employee is required to become certified with Google in some or all categories (depending on what department you are in). However, 95% of the employees don’t care and just go online and find the answers. The information is not retained in any way, shape or form. There have been “study groups” and Slack channels created specifically to pass along answers to get the test out of the way. The company is well aware since they needed to run a contest where there were monetary payouts to incentivize the employees to “Just get it done as soon as possible”. At the end of the day this is just an adult daycare with cry babies and inexperience. Where they mostly cater to automotive dealerships and spoon-feed them average or below average marketing strategies and “best” practices at high costs since most clients are extremely unknowledgeable and will just pay and assume that they’re getting good service since the CEO is a “car guy”. As previously mentioned, this is a stepping-stone company structured for young graduates who need something to build off of.

15 people found this review helpful

Director of People Operations

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. While we value feedback to help us grow and explore opportunities to make organizational changes, it is important to address any misinformation. We look to hire talented individuals at all levels of the organization and while we have a lower average employee age than most companies, we do not only actively seek recent graduates. As the company has grown over the last 6 years we have seen a shift in benefits as our employee base has grown. We’ve gone from the early days when we were unable to offer insurance, to providing 3 different plan options and covering 75% of our employee’s premiums. Our initial 401K plan offered 100% vesting and we have made one plan change since, which includes a multi year vesting schedule - not dissimilar to other organizations our size. We have been developing and offering management training for our teams for the last year as a response to employee (and management) feedback. Its an investment we’re making for the future of the company and employee growth. We do have alcohol in our office as a perk for employees to unwind if desired, however employees are respectful of our alcohol policy and we have not had any table dancing as you’ve described. We have shot conference promotional videos in which we invited employees up to sing karaoke, however those events are separate from our day-to-day. While we do ask that our employees keep up with their Google certifications and have run incentive contests as we are asking them to get certified above and beyond their normal workday. We feel its important, as we are a data driven company, that employees at all levels have an understanding of the tools we use to assist our clients. We pride ourselves on transparency and keeping our clients informed of any and all results of their marketing efforts and strategies. We work to educate our clients so we can continue to bring them fresh ideas and grow their business.

9. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Overworked and Underpaid

Apr 23, 2018 - Content Associate in Naperville, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

- A team full of cool, creative people - Working Remotely

Cons

- Benefits are terrible, with very little PTO (and increases that only happen every two years) and 401k matching that you'll never actually be able to access (you have to work there for 6 years to keep it). - Salaries are severely below the industry average. It seems like their hiring policy depends on getting people straight out of college who don't know any better. - Little to no communication. They list "Transparency" as a core tenet, but all major decisions happen behind the scenes and are only announced right before they go into effect. Even when you know something's going on, management won't acknowledge it. This has resulted in several team "riots" where employees rightfully speak up about never getting answers—these are often punished. - Terrible hours. They insist that they only want you working 9 to 5, but I've heard management say that overtime is the baseline, which makes sense when you consider the ridiculous amount of work they want you to get done per day. You don't get paid any extra for overtime, and you're expected to work even further beyond that to move up in the company. - Overbearing company culture. There's a sense that they want your entire life to revolve around them, resulting in a lot of mandatory "fun" and extracurricular work. The fact that so many of the employees are married to each other and bring in family members to work is telling. - Completely disorganized. Over the course of two years, my position completely changed three times (with no adjustment in pay) and our team was completely restructured several times as well. Again, these things happen with no warning—I found out my job changed the morning it went into effect.

14 people found this review helpful

Director of People Operations

I appreciate you taking the time to review and share your feedback. I would like to address several points in the review as I am unsure how long you’ve been away from the company. Increasing benefits has been a major driver over the last year, especially when PTO is concerned. We’ve updated our policy to include additional time off after one year as well as other tenure milestones. With regard to our 401K, we do have a 6 year vesting period, which is typical in the workplace, but important to note, if employees leave before they are fully vested all funds they’ve invested are theirs to roll over into another plan as well as any percentage that has been vested up to date. We have worked to outline competitive pay for all positions and do not require any tenure for employees to become eligible for promotion making upward movement throughout the company accessible for all employees. Over the last several months we’ve also worked to re-org the company allowing decisions to be made more quickly and effectively and preventing bottle necks. With the rapid growth we’ve experienced over consecutive years it was time to make a change to create efficiencies throughout the company, which is why as we’ve continued to grow we’re always looking at the org structure and how it may need to shift and change. In doing so we’ve also worked to ensure open lines of communication with our teams the changes, we’re experiencing and how they may be effected.

10. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Low pay. Management needs work

Feb 14, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free food. 1 hour lunch.

Cons

You log 40 hours of work but realistically work 60. Very low pay considering Industry standard. High expectations and aren't provided the tools that are needed. When reaching out for help it takes alot of time to receive help and sometimes it's too late. Start up feel for a established company. Very clicky between co workers. Tenets written on the wall don't match how the company works.

13 people found this review helpful
  11. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great place to work. Fast pace but fun.

Jan 12, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been with Launch for about 1 year now. I am very happy here and look forward to many more enjoyable years. We work very hard here in a fast pace environment. There are stressful days but for the most part I love getting up in the morning to come to work. I recommend LDM to my friends and family. The bad reviews on Glassdoor scared me when I applied but I took the leap and do not have any of the problems that were written in these reviews. Like all work environments there are some areas for improvement but I feel that the management team strives to fix any and all problems on a daily basis.

Cons

The pay could be a little better but I love where I am so I am willing to trade the increase in pay to be at a place like this.

Director of People Operations

Thank you for the review. I appreciate the feedback and am happy you're enjoying your time with us!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 57 Reviews
</>Embed

Launch Digital Marketing Reviews FAQs

Launch Digital Marketing has an overall rating of 3.3 out of 5, based on over 61 reviews left anonymously by employees. 55% of employees would recommend working at Launch Digital Marketing to a friend and 57% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Launch Digital Marketing employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Launch Digital Marketing. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

55% of Launch Digital Marketing employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Launch Digital Marketing 2.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Launch Digital Marketing to be career development, benefits, culture and the cons to be workplace, compensation, management.