KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Jun 9, 2022 - Social Media in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment, great coworkers, great job

Cons

there are none so far

2. 3.0

A mixed bag

Jun 29, 2022 - Account Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people working there are kind and collaborative. They are known for social and have the whole connection to Wasserman. Beautiful office space located in Brooklyn. Ability to work remote. They lean heavily into diversity.

Cons

No true onboarding or clear sense of how to get things done at the agency. They struggled with resourcing and making sure that accounts were staffed up correctly. I also found that their strategic approach was weaker than other agencies I've been in, and it would shine through the work creative would bring forth. It also seems that some accounts were killers and other sleepers so really depends on where you land. (To be fair to them this would be the case at most places). Although they are known for social, I didn't find anything they did particularly innovative from ways of working to actual work. Seemed to me like a place where the clients really called the shots to a higher degree than other agencies. Working remote is also a great perk but things aren't organized accordingly and can make some simple account things harder than they have to be with people over scoped, all over the place across a million time zones.

3. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Big Yikes

Apr 1, 2022 - Creative in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Unlimited PTO -Cold brew on tap -Flexible WFH -Okay benefits

Cons

Toxic bro culture. You have meetings with the creative leads and you wonder if this job or your presence or his mediocrity conjured his need for more alcohol. It’s hard to tell he mumbles his feedback half the time. It’s not really a place of great original thinking, granted there’s barely anything new or ownable but man the perspective is so pedestrian. There’s a sense of delusion folks seem to have here and there are really no growth opportunities especially if you’re a woman, a woman of color, a queer woman. You just don’t see that repped. You see a tokenization among Black employees (cue Nike and Footlocker account) and you wonder gee am I the next token? Do I resist? Account team just take orders. The account heads from coast to coast are pretty inexperienced. It’s like they were an intern somewhere and then laundry service was the only place they worked after so they apply the insecurities of their inexperiences to competent people. Strategy, a disaster. Rolling employees in and out. Turnover is high and most seem to be hired coz they cool? Made the right references? Knows NFT?

4. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Lots of expectations for very little pay

Jun 14, 2022 - Senior Social Media Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great opportunities for growth. Lots of opportunities to build up experience

Cons

compared to the average senior social media salary at other companies, they are paying peanuts

5. 2.0

Messy

Jul 19, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice & talented people Unlimited PTO

Cons

While on an account, we had four new people quit all under 3 months, if that says anything.

6. 1.0
    Former Employee

If an opportunity for comedy was what I wanted, this company would have been the punchline of the joke.

Jan 19, 2022 - Web Developer in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you want to get a job under false pretenses of joining a team that cares, and you enjoy being lied to, that's the only pro.

Cons

From being gaslit into believing you'd be hired as a full-time employee after weeks of no communication and not being paid for the work you produce for two pay periods for a company that is partnered with Wasserman Media Group. I gave everything I had for this opportunity, I spent hours off work studying and trying to make improvements and find solutions for them without worrying about it as I was satisfied knowing this was the opportunity of my dreams. I was then told I would have more hours and that things would shape up, and the job was going to work out, all for me to fall into unemployment and get cut from the team after I reached out to a C-Level executive for advice on this situation. I was told they had more tasks for me, and it would continue into a full-time position, only to check my phone when I woke this morning to being removed from Slack, Outlook, and all company resources without anyone from the company giving me a notice of me losing my job. This company is a joke, the employees and management staff, administration, C-Levels, are all terribly inflated egomaniacs with nothing more on their mind than taking what they want, and chewing you up and spitting you out.

3 people found this review helpful
  7. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Awful Expereince - Would not recommend ever. RUN.

May 2, 2022 - Media Strategist in Brooklyn, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice Unlimited PTO - that you won't get to use.

Cons

There are so many I don't know where to begin. 1. Turnover is High so your manager now could change in 1-2 weeks. 2. leadership and Management say that care about your growth and development they'll even make you create a "growth plan" but will NEVER Follow through with the plan or even help you to find training, or take the time out to teach you skills that can help you excel in your career. Fast pace environment like most agencies but there's literally no onboarding process, no explanation of the role and responsibilities your just thrown into the role and tossed around the agency with a multitude of clients.

8. 1.0

High Turnover, Huge Burnout, Bad Management

Mar 29, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good medical benefits, nice co-workers, cool clients

Cons

Management is disorganized, ego driven, and narcissistic. They don’t develop team benchmarks, so there is nothing to work towards. Your yearly goals are a result of what management wants you to do and not necessarily your own career goals for the company. High turnover is a result of poor management who ignore employee burnout, constantly gaslight their workers, and do not provide sufficient staffing. Workers are expected to go above and beyond their roles and wear many hats with no real prospect for growth or promotion. Level of pay is low and not competitive compared to other agencies.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Apr 26, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company! Flexible scheduling and work life balance.

Cons

Not many thus far! Some additional clarity in on adding would have been helpful but fairly minor.

10. 2.0
    Former Employee

So much potential. So many things in the way.

May 24, 2022 - Copywriter in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you love social, dive on in.

Cons

If you don't work on specific accounts, you're stagnant.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 140 Reviews

Laundry Service Reviews FAQs

Laundry Service has an overall rating of 3.3 out of 5, based on over 172 reviews left anonymously by employees. 53% of employees would recommend working at Laundry Service to a friend and 39% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Laundry Service employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Laundry Service. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

53% of Laundry Service employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Laundry Service 2.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.0 for culture and values and 2.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Laundry Service to be workplace, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be career development, management, senior leadership.

Popular Careers with Laundry Service Job Seekers