Laureate Education Reviews in Baltimore, MD | Glassdoor

"Great place to grow"

Former Employee - Technical Manager in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Technical Manager in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Laureate Education full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, great projects and ultimately your job is helping people and the community.

Cons

Politics but you can avoid them if you stay below the management level. Even so, still manageable and not a deal breaker.

Advice to Management

I wish you success in your endeavors.

2. "Awesome Company"

Current Employee - Senior Applications Developer in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Applications Developer in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Laureate Education full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Competitive salary, >100% Bonus each year,Flexible work hours and 401K Match. Awesome staff, i am working as full time since last one year

Cons

Lacking little process. Now Org is moving towards agile. Hopefully in Near term, this would also be taken care of.

Advice to Management

Communication is lacking.Request the management to inform the team know for each small developments so that they would be well aware of all the good things happening around the world.

"Frustrated former Business Analyst"

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Laureate Education full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You have to get in good with a clique as soon as you start or you will get lost in the sauce. It's like a high school for grown ups. Laureste treats you like a number. Very fast paced environment. Oops I forgot this was supposed to be the pro part.

Cons

Laureate ruins lives. I was let go for budget cuts 9 months ago and am still struggling with a mortgage, a wife and 3 year old. Having a very hard time finding a job and I have an MBA. And to think that Laureste picked me from LinkedIn! I was never properly trained, my bosses never understood my strengths and I was thrown under the bus by the lady who didn't want to train me but was supposed to.

Advice to Management

Have better incentives for letting your employees go. Like helping us find jobs or repositioning us. I was already struggling before I was axed and now I'm really hurt and my family has no insurance because you're a million dollar company who has no heart and axes employees at the drop of a hat. While you spend money sending other employees overseas living it up every week. I wished I never worked for you. This is a heartless company and I will stick to working at colleges that care.

"These reviews are not felling the truth."

Current Employee - Technical Support Analyst in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Technical Support Analyst in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Laureate Education full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fellow workers in other departments are great. I am privy to multiple departments and ask many questions. They pretty much try to do their job to the best of their ability.

Cons

Ok where do I start. I have witnessed management blatantly lie, deceive, not only each other but those under them. There is a reason the technical support team has a high turnover rate. Management shows favoritism which creates a horrible work environment. I have been shown favoritism which meant more work not pay. I can't figure if my manager is racist, that in itself is a problem. I would never recommend anyone to work under these conditions. Management will throw you under the bus by lying on you to save their job. I am the only one on phones for technical support in a international company where they have frontline's number everywhere. Compensation is given to people who don't deserve it. They have chased away all the good smart technicians. Human Resources seem like they are just as bad so they never listen to how bad the management is. They try attack anyone who try to complain about management. I have personally seen them give certs without training. New software comes out you're lucky if they even tell you let alone train you on how to support it. I have never seen so much disorganization in my life. I have put a n my two weeks notice.

Advice to Management

You take things too personal and it gets in the way of business.

"Don't bother - A shell of its former self"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Pros

Diverse and international. Pay is good for the region.

Cons

-Ever-changing direction
    -Lack of focus
    -Inept upper management

Advice to Management

You HAD a great thing and it slowly deteriorated over the past several years as a result of constant knee-jerk changes and a lack of corporate cultural awareness. Quit it with the buzzwords, no one is on board.

7. "Great for Growth"

Former Employee - Marketing in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Marketing in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Laureate Education full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There is a ton of opportunity to learn and grow, especially within the marketing team which is always pushing the envelope and exploring what's new in digital marketing.

Cons

The same stuff you'll find at any organization of this size - basic company politics, long working hours, etc.

"Low Pay, Human Resources has Unethical and unprofessional practices"

Former Employee - Manager in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Manager in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Laureate Education full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Location, ability to telework, some colleagues are great,

Cons

Parking, mediocre benefits, no room for growth, inept management, they donate your "bonus" to a charity of their choice

Advice to Management

Develop staff, provide professional development opportunities, HR needs to focus on being fair and ethical vs dismissive and divisive.

"An interesting company"

I worked at Laureate Education full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company is innovative, committed to its customers and cheerful. Very good to work in this company.

Cons

Lack of performance feedback from managers prevents the employee from correcting the route when necessary.

Advice to Management

Allow yourself to give and receive feedback. More than a manager's duty it is a funiconary right.

"Run as FAST as you can!!"

Former Employee - Human Resources in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Human Resources in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Laureate Education full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Multicultural workforce, but that's about it. Large company without a clue how to manage a large workforce. So there's not much more to say here.

Cons

Constant reorganizations
    Very UNHEALTHY behavior, mostly at the top
    Management is untrained in how to deal with people
    Stop using healthy and innovation as buzz words!
    HR is a joke
    The company could not care less about its employees
    The only thing that matters is growth of the company, at any cost to the people working to make that growth happen

Advice to Management

Slow down and realize your people are your biggest asset. If you don't start treating your employees with respect, all you work so hard to achieve won't be enough to keep you afloat for the long run.

"I was black listed once I wasn't a 'value' at Laureate anymore."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Laureate Education full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If youre into this fast paced international industry, this might be the place for you, but definitely not for me.

Cons

I worked at laureate for a year. My supervisor didn't know how to train me and the person who was supposed to didn't like me so she gave false information that hurt my performance review. Before I knew it, I was blacklisted and treated unfairly that I didn't know what i was doing. Yes, I was a fish out of water because I was used to a more academic atmostphere. Laureate eventually let me go due to budget cuts, which was a shock but I'm glad they put me out of my misery. If you work at laureate, connect with an inner circle quickly before people start to black list you. My bosses became bullies because they didn't understand my strengths. I'm still healing from the emotional scars at laureate but I will stay away from this company because they care about $$$$ and will oust you in a heart beat if youre not profitable to their enormous business model. They dont care if you have a family to take care of. Good riddance.

Advice to Management

Do a better job of screening the employees you recruit. Laureate picked me from Linkedin and it was a terrible fit. I thought it would be a great experience for something new, except it was a disaster.