Laureate Education Reviews | Glassdoor

"Enrollment Advisor"

Current Employee - Enrollment Advisor in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Enrollment Advisor in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Laureate Education full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Health and 401 K Benefits, snacks and potlucks and company is constantly progressing in terms of technology, software, innovation with programs, etc.

Cons

Middle Management does not encourage professional development unless it benefits meeting their quotas.

Advice to Management

Encourage cross collaboration of departments so communication is clear. Encourage middle management to be more active in the role of developing their team professionally.

"Kendall College"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Laureate Education full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people and work environment

Cons

Professional development opportunities are few

"Great place to grow"

Former Employee - Technical Manager in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Technical Manager in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Laureate Education full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, great projects and ultimately your job is helping people and the community.

Cons

Politics but you can avoid them if you stay below the management level. Even so, still manageable and not a deal breaker.

Advice to Management

I wish you success in your endeavors.

"Awesome Company"

Current Employee - Senior Applications Developer in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Applications Developer in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Laureate Education full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Competitive salary, >100% Bonus each year,Flexible work hours and 401K Match. Awesome staff, i am working as full time since last one year

Cons

Lacking little process. Now Org is moving towards agile. Hopefully in Near term, this would also be taken care of.

Advice to Management

Communication is lacking.Request the management to inform the team know for each small developments so that they would be well aware of all the good things happening around the world.

"Frustrated former Business Analyst"

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Laureate Education full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You have to get in good with a clique as soon as you start or you will get lost in the sauce. It's like a high school for grown ups. Laureste treats you like a number. Very fast paced environment. Oops I forgot this was supposed to be the pro part.

Cons

Laureate ruins lives. I was let go for budget cuts 9 months ago and am still struggling with a mortgage, a wife and 3 year old. Having a very hard time finding a job and I have an MBA. And to think that Laureste picked me from LinkedIn! I was never properly trained, my bosses never understood my strengths and I was thrown under the bus by the lady who didn't want to train me but was supposed to.

Advice to Management

Have better incentives for letting your employees go. Like helping us find jobs or repositioning us. I was already struggling before I was axed and now I'm really hurt and my family has no insurance because you're a million dollar company who has no heart and axes employees at the drop of a hat. While you spend money sending other employees overseas living it up every week. I wished I never worked for you. This is a heartless company and I will stick to working at colleges that care.

"These reviews are not felling the truth."

Current Employee - Technical Support Analyst in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Technical Support Analyst in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Laureate Education full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fellow workers in other departments are great. I am privy to multiple departments and ask many questions. They pretty much try to do their job to the best of their ability.

Cons

Ok where do I start. I have witnessed management blatantly lie, deceive, not only each other but those under them. There is a reason the technical support team has a high turnover rate. Management shows favoritism which creates a horrible work environment. I have been shown favoritism which meant more work not pay. I can't figure if my manager is racist, that in itself is a problem. I would never recommend anyone to work under these conditions. Management will throw you under the bus by lying on you to save their job. I am the only one on phones for technical support in a international company where they have frontline's number everywhere. Compensation is given to people who don't deserve it. They have chased away all the good smart technicians. Human Resources seem like they are just as bad so they never listen to how bad the management is. They try attack anyone who try to complain about management. I have personally seen them give certs without training. New software comes out you're lucky if they even tell you let alone train you on how to support it. I have never seen so much disorganization in my life. I have put a n my two weeks notice.

Advice to Management

You take things too personal and it gets in the way of business.

"Don't bother - A shell of its former self"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Pros

Diverse and international. Pay is good for the region.

Cons

-Ever-changing direction
    -Lack of focus
    -Inept upper management

Advice to Management

You HAD a great thing and it slowly deteriorated over the past several years as a result of constant knee-jerk changes and a lack of corporate cultural awareness. Quit it with the buzzwords, no one is on board.

8. "Great for Growth"

Former Employee - Marketing in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Marketing in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Laureate Education full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There is a ton of opportunity to learn and grow, especially within the marketing team which is always pushing the envelope and exploring what's new in digital marketing.

Cons

The same stuff you'll find at any organization of this size - basic company politics, long working hours, etc.

"Financial Aid"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Laureate Education full-time

Pros

Directors / Associate Directors strive to create a welcoming and open atmosphere
    Colleagues are knowledgeable and wiling to share their knowledge
    Decent benefits including 90% off college courses; paid holidays/vacation/sick; Telework is available
    Good place to work if you don't have other options or marketable skills because they will train

Cons

Absolutely no room for advancement
    Employees who have been with company 3 years+ seem to be suffering burn out and are unhappy
    There seems to antiquated processes in place and ALOT of duplication of processes without rhyme or reason
    Managers micromanage
    Low Pay

Advice to Management

Offer clear pathway for advancement; offer more training opportunities

"Little to no chance for advancement."

Current Employee - Graduate Program Advisor in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Graduate Program Advisor in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Laureate Education full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Meet some interesting people. Is fun if you don't mind being on the phone for 8 hours a day.

Cons

It's all about the numbers. A sales job with no commission. Enrollments, retention and referrals are all that matter.

Advice to Management

An employee advancement plan would be nice.