Law Offices of Daniel C. Consuegra Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Daniel C. Consuegra

Pros
  • Steady paycheck and somewhat decent work environment, (in 5 reviews)

• Every job obviously has its ups and downs, but I have never had any serious issues with the firm (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Large case-load and loads of deadlines, but like I said that's a pro and con (in 3 reviews)

• As with any company there's good and bad co-workers (in 2 reviews)

"Boutique firm - nice environment"

Current Employee - Litigation Paralegal II in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Litigation Paralegal II in Tampa, FL

Pros

Since the mortgage default practice transferred out, the firm has become a small boutique collections firm. The atmosphere is relaxed, yet management continues to strive for quality and excellence in service. No micro-management by the supervisor or attorney manager, they expect you to do your job and make sure you have the necessary tools to complete your assignments. Training is performed routinely in a positive manner. The office location is great, no downtown traffic to contend with or paying for parking.

Cons

In the past, dealing with the mortgage default practice could be stressful - there used to be turnover at the firm due to the nature of the practice. This is no longer the case.

"Incompetence Gets what Incompetence Deserves"

Current Employee - Legal Assistant in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Law Offices of Daniel C. Consuegra full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I am so done with this place............. The title says it all. PEOPLE are your best assets along with COMMUNICATION, of which this company does not seem to care about anymore. I give us another 6 months before the ship sinks, so let's see who jumps ship first.

Cons

Upper management likes to micro-manage and that doesn't promote a happy work environment. The firm is barely keeping it's head above water as the man says "We are HOPING to sometime turn a profit" Don't hold your breath.

Advice to Management

Be nicer and communicate with your employees instead of throwing work at us and saying Here, figure it out...............

"The worst job ever!!"

Current Employee - Legal Assistant in Tampa, FL

Pros

If you would've asked me 6 years ago, I would've said " Apply" you would love it

Cons

Out of 450 employees, there are 28 or so of us left. We are under paid and over worked. Management is a joke also. The main attorney is heartless ( the one who wrote the below comment about this company) and our supervisor is worthless( she wrote the next review). Another receive review is from another co-worker that's been here for 10 plus years and gets paid 20+ dollars to mess up everyone's else's files. We get into trouble for her mistakes because her and the supervisor are best friends. This company has been suited a handful of times by their own employees, and lost. Please don't waste your time even applying here. im sure they will closing their doors on the rest of us soon. most everyone in here is looking for new jobs. Management asked everyone to write good reviews about this place and quite frankly there isn't anything good about this company.. here is the truth about this place. They deserve everything they get .

Advice to Management

What goes around, will always come back around.

4. "Good Place to Work"

I worked at Law Offices of Daniel C. Consuegra full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They really let you take ownership of your work. They let you perform your job in the most efficient way, and acknowledge and appreciate your hard work. They pay for performance, and reward initiative. Management makes a conscious effort to listen to their employees. They really want to get the job done, and focus less on the bureaucracy and politics. If I could still be working there, I would.

Cons

As with any company there's good and bad co-workers. Sometimes they kept the bad people too long.

Advice to Management

Continue to emphasize the work, don't let the typical business politic into your organization.

"Relaxed atmosphere."

Former Employee - Team Lead/Paralegal in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Team Lead/Paralegal in Tampa, FL

I worked at Law Offices of Daniel C. Consuegra full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Able to go to school full time and work full time due to the operation hours of the firm. You could wear what ever you wanted into work because the firm did not often have client visits.

Cons

Had staff work as paralegals that were not certified. Some departments were over worked. But all in all a good place to work if you are in school.

Advice to Management

Good atmosphere at work. Thank you!

"Heartbroken its over"

Current Employee - Legal Assistant in Lutz, FL
    Current Employee - Legal Assistant in Lutz, FL

I have been working at Law Offices of Daniel C. Consuegra (More than 5 years)

Pros

I met a bunch of great people

Cons

Untrained Management sank the ship.

Advice to Management

find a job in retail

"Chaos"

I worked at Law Offices of Daniel C. Consuegra full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great co-workers/staff; no micro management.

Cons

Terrible management; no raises despite increase in workload.

8. "Out of Business"

Current Employee - Associate Attorney in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Associate Attorney in Tampa, FL

Pros

Great to be out of the office.

Cons

Nobody Cares about their job except a few paralegals and attorneys who actually go to court or support attorneys directly

"Stay Clear"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Law Offices of Daniel C. Consuegra full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Owner and partners are nice guys. Paycheck is always on time. Free coffee, creamer, sugar, utensils, and plates

Cons

Management is lacking. No raises(you may get a piece of fruit or a cupcake)

Advice to Management

Quit your day job.

10. "It was an experience."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Pros

This job opened the door for me when I had experience in foreclose law. I learned so much great information and meet so many different people. I loved the experience.

Cons

The place had to be whipped into professionalism. Too much family work in this one place.

Advice to Management

Be more strong on your work and pay out a little more. Some people love their job.