KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Logo

Law Offices of Robert S. Gitmeid & Assoc., PLLC.

Is this your company?

Law Offices of Robert S. Gitmeid & Assoc., PLLC.

Add a Review

1. 4.0

Great place to work

Mar 1, 2021 - Paralegal in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

The pay is really great

Cons

If you don’t make goal every month then you’re gone

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Place to Work

Feb 28, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Independence, flexibility, support from management, culture

Cons

Some unnecessary and redundant customer service duties.

3. The latest conversations about Law

Join the conversation on

Law

2m

an

Associate Attorney

It seems partners are much more flexible with associates who have kids than with those who don’t. If it’s okay for my colleague with a kid to leave at 5 pm and log on later, why isn’t that the same for me (no kids)? My obligations might be different, but I still have a life and want to be able to do certain things, like catch that evening workout class or cook dinner for my partner. As you can probably tell, my firm is operating 100% in person. There is no point here — I’m just whining.

3,207

397 Comments

Join the conversation on
  4. 2.0
    Current Employee

Not a place to grow in

Mar 24, 2021 - Litigation Paralegal
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you love downtown manhattan the office is in a great location.

Cons

Upper management plays favoritism. They promote those they like and not who are actually qualified for the positions. They would rather higher from outside than promote within.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee

I Love it Here!

Feb 4, 2021 - Associate Attorney in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedule, great co-employees, rewarding work.

Cons

There are no cons I have.

6. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Its not what they sell you

Aug 10, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Office provides lunch at the end of each month and bagels on fridays. The location is also nice

Cons

Absolute worse place to work in. Complete mess, 9-6 schedule with unpaid lunch, more than unimpressive salary. HR is just there to hold a title, they're rude, dismissive, tone death and just simply careless. There are a lot of awesome employees however, they're under looked and undervalued. The most knowledgable people do not hold a supervisory position and are just completely overlooked. The gossip and the drama is part of the everyday culture. This place truly truly truly sucks. When you go in for an interview they sell you this narrative that they're hiring so much because they firm is growing, that they're a united group of people, fair pay, no micro management etc. etc. etc. and once you're in there you realize it not at all what they sell you, its actually quiet the opposite in every aspect.

Continue reading
  7. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good Place, Getting Better, Great Stepping Stone

Aug 11, 2020 - Managing Paralegal in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Firstly, ignore the people who worked less than a year at the office. As with any office there are people who give their best, and those who don’t. Most reviews are from those who don’t. -If you do your best, the company acknowledges it. I was able to move up from a paralegal to manager within three years. -If you believe you are underpaid, the company will see what they can do. I received 5 raises in the 3 years I worked at the office. -Contrary to what you read, the HR department does a good job. They set up weekly calls for every single employee during the COVID crisis so that the employees have someone to turn to. They provided us with any electronics we needed to work from home efficiently. -They have a solid managing attorney. She often times has to juggle 100 things at once, but always finds a way to get the job done. As someone who worked with her directly, any other critic doesn’t hold water. -They have a great analytics team that gauges productivity and finds ways to make sure each employee and team is getting the help they require. -They have a solid group of Paralegal Managers—just hope that you get place with the right one. -Most paralegals are on their way to law school at this office. They have been accepted to Harvard, Cornell, Yale, Columbia, Georgetown, George Washington, you name it. If you come here with the intention of moving forward, you will have a great community to reach out to. Everything is not perfect here, but the ones who complain are the ones who are, frankly, going nowhere.

Cons

-There are paralegals in the office who don’t belong in corporate America. The company tries to give them a chance too often. If the HR staff identifies that a paralegal is not doing their job effectively or that there is a character issue, the company should give that paralegal the boot.

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful
  8. 1.0

Poor Management, Poor Retention

Mar 22, 2021 - Paralegal in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good Entry Level Pay, manageable work

Cons

Bad Management, Play favorites, the average person works no longer than a year

9. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good entry level position

Jan 5, 2021 - Paralegal in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Collegial atmosphere and fulfilling work

Cons

Complications with benefits during covid

10. 1.0
    Former Employee

Beware

Feb 8, 2021 - Assistant Paralegal
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good Starting career. nice office views

Cons

Late hours poor compensation, office smells like fish

11. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Toxic, avoid if you have ANY other option

Nov 17, 2020 - Manager in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

The holiday parties (only because another company invites us to theirs)

Cons

Toxic management style, no office culture or incentives to advance, no where near enough pay for the work

Viewing 11 - 20 of 39 Reviews

Popular Careers with Law Offices of Robert S. Gitmeid & Assoc., PLLC. Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews