KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

57 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "No benefits until after a year of employment(in 4 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

Great Company to work for

May 9, 2022 - Finance Analyst in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Terrific company culture and values

Cons

No cons for the time period I have been employed there

HR Manager

We're so glad to hear you're enjoying your time here at LawnStarter. Thank you for the review!

2. 5.0

Great place to work

Mar 9, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fair pay, live help, great team of people to work with, can request time off when needed.

Cons

Pay could be hiring with more benefits

HR Manager

Thanks so much for the great review!

3. 2.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Mar 17, 2022 - Lawn Mower in Rockwall, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great experience with customers, clean and well organized products.

Cons

Unprofessional scheduling, rude managers, disappointed staff

HR Manager

We really appreciate your taking the time to leave a review. We're always looking for ways to improve our team's working experience, so please do reach out to HR with any concerns. Thank you!

4. 5.0

Fun time

Nov 16, 2021 - Landscaper%2FMaintenance in Palm Bay, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay/Ouside Work/ Nice coworkers

Cons

Not much notice for time off but comes with job

HR Manager

We appreciate the great review!

5. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good job, terrible customers

Sep 29, 2021 - Customer Service Representative in Cookeville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Wonderful team and management. Excellent life-work balance. Incredible resources to assist

Cons

Nearly completely uneducated customers. No benefits - contract worker unless hired on at end of mow season. Training kind of rushed people through. Different managers had different ways to do things.

HR Manager

Thank for taking the time to share your experience working at LawnStarter, and writing a great review. Even though some customers can be a little more challenging than others, we definitely appreciate all of them! Thank you for the suggestions as well.

6. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Cut throat, sexist

Oct 18, 2021 - Software Engineer in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some nice people, decent pay, 100% remote. Offshore work is in similar time zones. Culture may change for the better, but it’s more a hope than anything. Change has to come from the top.

Cons

Loyalty is a one way street here. Zero career pathing, zero opportunity for growth. No yearly raises. Expect lots of talk about upholding core values, but it's just talk. Unprofessional “HR” department. Favoritism and immaturity permeate everything. People are disposable. Performance reviews are for show. A threatening gag order tied to severance pay may skew out negative reviews on here.

1 person found this review helpful

HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback with us. We’re sorry about your experience while working with LawnStarter, and we appreciate you bringing these issues to our attention. This year we’re working on rolling out a new and improved performance review process which will address some of the growth challenges you mentioned. We’d also like to learn more about some of the other concerns you raised and how we can improve. Please feel free to contact HR to discuss anytime. We wish you the best!

7. 4.0

Good company

Aug 18, 2021 - Provider in Noblesville, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Jobs are with in reason for pay if you want to take the background office work away

Cons

Jobs don’t roll in that fast

HR Manager

Appreciate your great review!

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

nice please to work

Aug 5, 2021 - Custpmer Service Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

wfh all day long nice

Cons

money not enough for real bills

9. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Pros and Cons

Aug 6, 2021 - Provider Support
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work from home opportunities Flexible schedules Work life balance

Cons

No opportunity for growth Low salary No benefits until after a year of employment Unorganized training process Management is not respectful or kind towards their contractors

HR Manager

We appreciate your feedback! We’re sorry your experience working with LawnStarter wasn’t ideal. Our team is really important to us, so we’ve made some changes to our benefits package to allow employees access to benefits quicker. Wishing you all the best!

10. 5.0
    Current Employee

Fast growing amazing place to work

Jun 10, 2021 - Vice President of Engineering in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Openness - Great culture - Fast-growing - Plenty of opportunities - XXI century mindset -> distributed all over and hires the best talent ...the list goes on!

Cons

I don't have any cons to share but there is a lot of things to do and get better. In case you like innovation, smart people, a high-collaborative diverse environment, you are comfortable with change, and you have the desire to win, LawnStarter is the place for you.

HR Manager

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at LawnStarter! We're so happy to hear your enjoying your time here.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 57 Reviews

LawnStarter Reviews FAQs

LawnStarter has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 78 reviews left anonymously by employees. 75% of employees would recommend working at LawnStarter to a friend and 80% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, LawnStarter employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at LawnStarter. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

75% of LawnStarter employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated LawnStarter 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at LawnStarter to be career development, coworkers, culture and the cons to be management, benefits, compensation.

Popular Careers with LawnStarter Job Seekers