What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Work life balance is good" (in 164 reviews)
- "Great people on my team who loved being in each other's company (even played board games together during breaks)." (in 161 reviews)
- "Great benefits and 401k." (in 150 reviews)
- "Pay is good (over all maybe not so much for the area though)" (in 68 reviews)
- "Many opportunities to branch out into new fields and improve your skills" (in 43 reviews)
- "Poor management, the overhead makes it hard to bring outside funding in" (in 34 reviews)
- "As with other reviews, it does seem like there are too many managers to just mange a few." (in 22 reviews)
- "Facilities and infrastructure are old and aging; Support systems aren't resources appropriately to support the needs of a growing laboratory; technology in non" (in 16 reviews)
- "Formerly, the generous pension compensated, but that's no longer available." (in 15 reviews)
- "The hiring process takes anywhere form 2" (in 14 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 431 of over 2K reviews
Updated Sep 28, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "people"Return to all Reviews
- 4.0Jun 17, 2012Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
LLNL allows a scientist to accomplish big science surrounded by resources and incredibly knowledgeable and committed people. The lab gives you a lot of room to grow and explore new ideas, and the support structure (in most cases) is very strong.
You're working for the government, so all the benefits that may come from working for a private company (frequent bonuses, team building, etc) are nonexistent. Bureaucracy and politics abound (e.g., if you want a promotion, you're more likely to get it by threatening to leave b/c you have an offer from somewhere else than from the merit of your work).
- 5.0Jul 11, 2022Project Management Office (PMO)Current Employee, less than 1 yearLivermore, CA
9/80 work schedule gives me every other Friday off. Choice of multiple medical plans. Ability to work at home as needed. People are great to work with and there are regular all hands meeting to keep us current on issue. Proud to work for a company responsible for the security of our nation.
Only con I can think of is the 90 mile round trip to the lab. But I work mostly at home so it isn't a big deal.