Lawrence Memorial Hospital (Lawrence) Reviews in Lawrence, KS | Glassdoor

Lawrence Memorial Hospital (Lawrence) Lawrence Reviews

Lawrence, KS

3.6
Lawrence Memorial Hospital (Lawrence) President & Chief Executive Officer Russ Johnson
Russ Johnson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great paying entry-level work"

Current Employee - Housekeeper in Lawrence, KS
    Current Employee - Housekeeper in Lawrence, KS

I have been working at Lawrence Memorial Hospital (Lawrence) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, cafeteria, breaks every two hours, take care of workers, work is fairly easy

Cons

Can be high stress at times, job requires you to have a strong stomach, would be difficult to raise family on this salary

"Great culture with great people"

Current Employee - Desktop Support Technician in Lawrence, KS
    Current Employee - Desktop Support Technician in Lawrence, KS

I have been working at Lawrence Memorial Hospital (Lawrence) full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people, including the management are great and you really feel like you are part of a small community rather than a cog in a machine. People know you name and appreciate what you do.

Cons

From an IT perspective, issue priority can be difficult due to the impact to patient care that some issues can present. Users have issues understanding workload and factors that can delay issue resolution.

Advice to Management

While work is important, it is not the most important. Employees have lives and other priorities too.

3. "Staff RN"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Lawrence, KS
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Lawrence, KS

I have been working at Lawrence Memorial Hospital (Lawrence) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a 100 top hospital for multiple years in a row. Good health insurance. Nice environment.

Cons

High turnover for many RNs and upper management. People who should be fired aren't let go and they don't contribute to the team work.

Advice to Management

Figure out how to fire people. Be more relatelatable to higher management. They don't know the work flow enough when trying to make changes from the bottom up.

4. "Great place, if you can fit into the right clique."

Former Employee - Staff RN in Lawrence, KS
    Former Employee - Staff RN in Lawrence, KS

I worked at Lawrence Memorial Hospital (Lawrence) part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Location, salary, benefits, cafeteria are great for employees. Highly rated facility for Truven Health listing. Electronic/computerized documentation and medication access stations.

Cons

Team-building is somewhat lacking. It is an exceptionally different place to break in if you don't have someone pulling for you on the inside.

Advice to Management

Give new staff, especially nurses, a more comprehensive orientation to their units.

5. "physician Navigator"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lawrence, KS
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lawrence, KS

Pros

I enjoy the many challenges I encounter, and working with physicians and their staff to develop a good relationship.

Cons

Meeting the challenges of the health care mandates, and the insurance companies.

6. "Dietary"

Former Employee - Manager in Lawrence, KS
    Former Employee - Manager in Lawrence, KS

I worked at Lawrence Memorial Hospital (Lawrence) full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The staff worked well together. They tried to make everyone feel welcomed.

Cons

Upper management brought in Unidine.

"I worked prn hours in labor and delivery."

Former Contractor - RN- PRN in Lawrence, KS
    Former Contractor - RN- PRN in Lawrence, KS

I worked at Lawrence Memorial Hospital (Lawrence) as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Good management! They finally hired midwives which really improved patient care! The night nurses were always better to work with.

Cons

A small hospital always has challenges, anesthesia didn't like to stay in house, sometimes personal petty issues got in the way.

Advice to Management

Always take care of your nursing staff/ they are the bones of your facility!!

"30 year employee"

Current Employee - Mid Management in Lawrence, KS
    Current Employee - Mid Management in Lawrence, KS

I have been working at Lawrence Memorial Hospital (Lawrence) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have seen a lot of changes at LMH in my years and never has the culture and stability of this organization has never been better. LMH has been good to me, affording me opportunities I would never dream of attaining and I believe there is no better place to work than here.

Cons

It's health care, there are always challenges, challenges are our business. However, we are a stand alone, non-profit hospital, if you are looking for end of the year bonus' and performance raises, you need to look elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

9. "After 2 years of service they cut your job to hire at a lower wage for the same job"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lawrence, KS
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lawrence, KS

I worked at Lawrence Memorial Hospital (Lawrence) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

No real pros to talk about

Cons

If you think you have a stable job there, you don't

Advice to Management

They will lie to you