Lawson Products "great company" Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Lawson Products Employee Reviews about "great company"

Updated Jun 19, 2019

3.3
Lawson Products President and Chief Executive Officer 	Michael G. DeCata
Michael G. DeCata
Pros
  • "Lawson allows our sales reps to earn as much as they are capable of(in 10 reviews)

• "If you are a eager individual who wants an opportunity to advance in your career, Lawson is a great company for you(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "Only thing I find challenging is the lack of car allowance(in 8 reviews)

• "Some indecision at upper management level can make for inefficiencies at the "worker" level(in 6 reviews)

Reviews about "great company"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great company to work for."

Former Employee - Outbound Supervisor in McCook, IL

I worked at Lawson Products full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

If you are a eager individual who wants an opportunity to advance in your career, Lawson is a great company for you. They will invest the time and training if you are up for a challange.

Cons

Work life balance could have been better but not horrible.

Advice to Management

Be a little more understanding in some situations.

Lawson Products2018-03-14
  2. "Stupid pay program"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Lawson Products full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company lots of help and good reputation.

Cons

Really stupid pay plan for reps. No reason to go above and beyond on sales. Due to the fact that you will hurt yourself for the following year.

Advice to Management

Make a better pay plan for reps.

Lawson Products2019-06-20
  3. "Great Company!"

I have been working at Lawson Products full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I’ve worked at Lawson Products for over five years and can honestly say this is the best company I have ever been a part of. My fellow employees are the most supportive and friendly that I have ever known and the culture of teamwork is deeply ingrained within the organization. A large numbers of employees have stuck with Lawson for most of their careers because it’s such a great company and has lots of... opportunities for upward mobility. They do a great job promoting from within the organization and I personally have earned two promotions in the past five years. Lawson offers many leadership and career development training programs to help employees develop their skillsets and grow within the organization. They also use Lean Six Sigma projects to encourage continuous improvement and it’s an exciting time to work at Lawson because we are growing rapidly. I would definitely recommend a pursuing a career at Lawson Products.

Cons

I don't really have any cons

Lawson Products2017-07-14

"An Excellent Company to Work For"

I have been working at Lawson Products full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This is an excellent organization to work for. I can honestly say this is a company that cares and is focused on the overall well being of its employees. Over the last several years the culture of the company has improved dramatically in the following ways: field sales focus, technological advancement, tools and resources, compensation, communication, and training. Lawson is moving from a great company to becoming a... world class company.

Cons

Although communication to the field has improved significantly over the last several years there is always opportunity to improve.

Advice to Management

Continue to develop talent from the field and find additional avenues to promote leaders already within the team.

Lawson Products2016-03-08
  5. "Sales Rep"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Augusta, GA

I have been working at Lawson Products full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This company gives you a great opportunity to earn uncapped commissions. If you can hustle, you will be rewarded and treated well. I have been with the company 4.5 years and am pleased to be making six figures, setting my own hours and essentially running my own business. We sell high quality, proprietary products in the MRO realm and differentiate from other players in the market with a focus on service, quality... and a commitment to still selling American Made products. They company has invested in itself tremendously in the past 4-5 years. Converted to SAP. Built a new state of the art master DC in McCook IL. Built a custom made order software which is almost through the beta testing phase which will empower the sales force with real time inventory information and incredible flexibility and functionality. Through all these changes, there have been hiccups and setbacks but the strategic vision of DeCata and the senior management team has the finger on the pulse of the company and are leading well. The company's trajectory is upwards and I'm happy to be helping to drive that success. Bottom line, if you want to have a career in sales and are willing to work and build your own business, this is a great company to do this with. I came in with no industry experience and was trained well. There are mentoring programs in place which pair veteran reps with rookies and the culture is one that is helpful and supportive.

Cons

I'm not sure that this is a con, but this is not an easy job. If you're looking for an easy 9-5 and easy money, look elsewhere. But with work, the rewards are fantastic.

Advice to Management

Hire quality, not quantity.

Lawson Products2016-02-19
  6. "Great Company To Work For! Come Join Us!"

Outside Sales Representative in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Lawson Products

Pros

I have worked as a Sales Rep. for Lawson Products for over 12 years. It truly is a great company to work for. There are a vast amount of opportunities within the company for career growth. Lawson Products sells great products, and provides customers with service that is second to none. As a sales representative, there is unlimited opportunity to make as much $$ as you would like to. You are directly rewarded... and paid for your hard work. You will get as much out of it, as you put into it. We are looking for more sales reps right now. Come join a winning team!

Cons

No cons that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to the ideas & suggestions of the sales representatives. Their suggestions help make the processes run smoother.

Lawson Products2016-02-09
  7. "Great Company!"

District Sales Manager in Rockford, IL

I have been working at Lawson Products

Pros

Lawson is a great company to work for that allows you maximize your earnings potential. If you are a motivated salesperson, Lawson is right for you. There is great support from management as well as customer service and the engineering department.

Cons

If you struggle with being independent and working for yourself, this would not be a good opportunity.

Lawson Products2016-02-10
  8. "Great Company!"

I have been working at Lawson Products

Pros

Lawson Products is a great company for any motivator sales person.

Cons

No the right company for you if you aren't motivated and a self-starter

Lawson Products2014-10-17
  9. "Great company and nice people to work with !"

Former Contractor - Technical Consultant in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at Lawson Products for more than a year

Pros

Great company and nice people to work with !

Cons

Hard work and long hours

Advice to Management

Be more people oriented

Lawson Products2014-10-11