Lawton Communications Group Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
Michael Lawton
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Just started but the people are great, and everyone pitches in and it's all about the work and the clients - no egos."

Pros

You're trusted to get your job done, management is accessible, down to earth and provide great feedback on your performance.

Cons

None yet frankly, I'll repost in a few months.

Advice to Management

Well done, it's clear that the company values cooperation, good work and the human element of doing business.

2. "Love it. I'm very lucky in that I love my job, I have a good boss and I work with a great team"

Current Employee - Connections Director in Southampton, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Connections Director in Southampton, England (UK)

I have been working at Lawton Communications Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

We are small and privately owned so we are not answerable to some money making machine who only care about numbers. We are owned by the Lawton family and, whilst they want to make a profit, they take CSR seriously and care about the people in the business.

Cons

Although we have an office in Santa Monica and one in London, the heart of the company is in Southampton which can make it harder to attract good people - there is this misconception that the only cool place to be is in London and that London agencies somehow have a monopoly on fantastic creative.

3. "Watch out for the ups and downs....might make for a bumpy ride."

Former Employee - Project Manager in Southampton, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Southampton, England (UK)

I worked at Lawton Communications Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great training programme, lots of great clients, most of the people who work there are decent.

Cons

Not much thought into a sustainable employment cycle - was employed in the boom of the business when lots of business was coming through and made redundant in a year.

Advice to Management

Maybe give a bit more thought into your HR needs.