Lawyerist Reviews

Updated Apr 22, 2020

4.8
Lawyerist CEO Aaron Street (no image)
Aaron Street
  1. "Forward-thinking, fully remote, and A-team of experts"

I have been working at Lawyerist full-time for less than a year

Pros

All-remote team All team players are high achievers and go-getters Team continually invests in their own professional/personal development- everyone has growth mindset Management/founders respect initiative and are easy to talk to and get help from No micromanaging Company is deeply committed to their values and think about/adjust with respect to them often

Cons

Sometimes your tasks &role can shift based on company priorities, but this is almost always brought to you as an option before it's official so that you can have a say. Could be hard for someone not used to working as part of a remote team to feel connected enough. Ideal for those who already work remotely or have been self-employed remotely before.

Lawyerist2020-04-22
  2. "Great people with a great mission"

4.0
    Former Employee - Vice President, Sales and Marketing Management

I worked at Lawyerist full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is a very capable, intelligent, talented, and driven group of people looking to change the practice of law for the better. You will be challenged and inspired by a community of tech-savvy, forward-thinking attorneys. It is very rewarding working here.

Cons

Lawyerist is in a fast growth stage which can come with growing pains and unique challenges. So, being flexible and adaptable to change will help you be successful.

Lawyerist2020-02-02
  3. "Great people, great work environment"

5.0

I have been working at Lawyerist part-time for more than a year

Pros

Working remotely, open communication, flexible schedules

Cons

Can sometimes be too process oriented

Lawyerist2019-01-10
  4. "Great place to work & well-respected in the industry."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Lawyerist full-time for more than a year

Pros

A positive work environment with wonderful people and a great mission. No micro-management, unlimited (within reason) vacation, flex time, ability to work remotely, and regular and meaningful check-ins with management to make sure your projects/goals are on track. Opportunities to explore and learn new skill sets if you take the initiative. A small but forward-thinking, and overall fun company to work for. This is a company that truly lives out their values, cares about their employees, and still holds high standards of excellence.

Cons

Communication and collaboration on projects can be tough sometimes, but that is expected for a team that is half remote. No health or dental benefits.

Lawyerist2019-01-10
  5. "Amazing!"

I have been working at Lawyerist full-time for less than a year

Pros

I love working with a team where our company values matter and are lived out each day. I feel challenged and supported. We are constantly working to improve the way we do things and everyone has a voice in making that happen. While our team is mostly remote, we work hard for the team to collaborate and feel connected.

Cons

Sometimes working remotely can be hard. Also, the team has high standards and expects everyone to bring their best (which is great but can be intimidating at times)

Lawyerist2018-10-31
  6. "An Unrivaled Employment Experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Lawyerist part-time for less than a year

Pros

There are many. Leadership is excellent, with vision, compassion, drive, creativity, and heartfelt values worn on their collective sleeves. Systems and procedures are constantly improving because of a conscious dedication to them. One company value (provide value first, seek profit second) in particular drives day-to-day work, with readers and users and community always at the forefront of strategic and tactical decision-making. Compensation is fair, communication is wide-open, and life-work balance is a constant and genuine concern for folks in the home office and remote locations. I can't recommend this place highly enough.

Cons

As a technology company, some systems and procedures and tools can be a bit intimidating. There is no reason to be afraid (EVERYONE is happy to help and train and answer questions), but for some, it may be offputting.

Continue reading
    Lawyerist2018-10-23

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 Reviews