Lawyers for Employee and Consumer Rights Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Great Positive Workplace!"

I have been working at Lawyers for Employee and Consumer Rights full-time

Pros

Positive and uplifting workplace! Great leadership and management. Room for growth. Opportunity to gain a lot of knowledge and experience. This place has been great, I really like how they give you the room to work and learn. My experience has been very positive.

Cons

No, nothing thing at this moment.

"Awesome company to work for"

Current Employee - Intake Coordinator in Fresno, CA
    Current Employee - Intake Coordinator in Fresno, CA

I have been working at Lawyers for Employee and Consumer Rights full-time (More than a year)

Pros

One of the best reasons is to help our clients with their employment issues make them happy to know someone will take care of them

Cons

None for now that I could think of

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - IT Support in Burbank, CA
    Current Employee - IT Support in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Lawyers for Employee and Consumer Rights full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good people, lots of opportunity to gain experience and grow your career, and management takes care of people and is very accommodating!

Cons

Nothing that I know about

"Senior Attorney"

Current Employee - Senior Attorney in Burbank, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Attorney in Burbank, CA

Pros

Helping a larger demographic and volume of clients than I could in private practice, and spending more time working than commuting!

Cons

No 401k program or retirement.

Advice to Management

We are working hard, so make sure to appreciate the employee that are dedicated to the company and believe in the vision.

"Worthwhile work and excellent learning opportunity"

Current Employee - Attorney in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Attorney in San Francisco, CA

Pros

-plenty of feedback and support from management/superiors
    -exposure to many different kinds of employment cases
    -low value/high volume model means that client are largely from an under-served portion of the population - people who feel they were wronged but don't know their rights
    -work from home
    -competitive salary

Cons

I see a lot of reviewers complaining about the heavy workload, but quite honestly...welcome to law practice.

Advice to Management

Maintain the open atmosphere and opportunities to discuss cases and questions with more senior attorneys. I did not come to LFECR as a brand new lawyer, but I continue to learn with each new case. If you're just starting out, this is a great place to learn advocacy and client management.

"Opportunity to Learn and Help Clients"

Current Employee - Senior Attorney
    Current Employee - Senior Attorney

Pros

Great opportunity to learn employment law for young attorneys because attorneys work with larger dockets and review more cases than they would at most other employment law firms. Enjoy working with a firm representing clients that have nowhere else to go. It's also great working from home.

Cons

Working with a large firm.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent.

"Grateful Attorney"

Former Employee - Associate Attorney
    Former Employee - Associate Attorney

I worked at Lawyers for Employee and Consumer Rights full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I graduated from law school just a short time ago. Thankfully, LWF gave me my first break in my legal career. I learned employment law, which I have now leveraged into my own practice. They had several dedicated senior associates that were more than happy to teach me the ropes.

Cons

I can't think of any.

Advice to Management

Keep giving newer attorneys a shot!

"Run... Run if you're a client or lawyer!!"

Current Employee - Lawyer in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Lawyer in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Work from home is a plus

Cons

Wow, where do I start? This company basically wants to make $6k on a case. Don't matter if the case has merit or not. Just a lot of sales and pressure to settle. I could sum it up like this... if a loan shark and an ambulance chaser had a baby, they would have this company! RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advice to Management

Stop the unethical sleazy work! Practice law and not shady business and law practices.

"Intake Coordinator"

Current Employee - Intake Coordinator
    Current Employee - Intake Coordinator

Pros

I get to work from home the is the best PRO for me they are very understanding of situations and most of all they really do help you out anytime you need assistance with your work, I am blessed to be a part of this company! From the hiring team to my team supervisors/managers they are amazing.

Cons

Honestly I do not have any cons.

Advice to Management

The management is the best Renata is amazing and very helpful and understanding, Chatwin is amazing at motivation as well as understanding.

"Terrible Place to Work"

Former Employee - Attorney in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Attorney in San Diego, CA

I worked at Lawyers for Employee and Consumer Rights full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My paychecks didn't bounce and I made some friends.

Cons

This place is barely an actual law firm. Employee morale is terrible and the attrition rate is off-the-charts. Any attorney with morals/ethics does not last long. Management ropes you in by pitching the job as helping low-income employees who have been wrongly terminated find "justice." The truth is that this place exists only to rip-off those people and make the owners rich. If you complain about the lack of ethics, you will either be ignored or fired. Most attorneys eventually have bar complaints filed against them if they stick around for awhile.

Advice to Management

I would give you ZERO stars but Glassdoor requires at least one for a review. You will not get away with your scam/sham much longer.