Le Petit Papillon Montessori School Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "PM Review"

Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Miami Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Miami Beach, FL

I worked at Le Petit Papillon Montessori School full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Being part of the LPP family for over 5 years was one of the best experiences of my life and I am still very involved with the school, as it leaves a lasting impression in your heart. The owner, Damarys, makes sure that every student needs are met from toddler to upper elementary, each program is designed for every student to soar. Every classroom has a unique style to it that is inviting everyday to the students and is always prepared for them to work and succeed in the a welcoming environment. Besides the classroom set up, the students have many outdoor activities available to them that allows them to be creative and develop their social skills that is needed in todays society. There is various playgrounds, many animals for the students to interact with, a treehouse, and now a pool which opens up so many doors! LPP is the place to be, as an educator and a student!

Cons

There are no cons at this time. Unfortunately, I moved over an hour away and am still very involved with the school!

2. "Teacher"

Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Miami Beach, FL

I have been working at Le Petit Papillon Montessori School full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

LPP is an environment to grow as a person, an educator, and to gain confidence. We are pushed to excel and create. As a staff, we collaborate well with each program (toddler, pre-k, elem.) and in doing so, we as teachers truly understand where a student is academically to where our goal for them will be. The campus itself has a sense of tranquility and beauty that is not seen in most schools. The campus is also filled with pets such as miniature turtles, fish, rabbits, a guinea pig, pot-bellied pigs, lizards, birds, and even our very own monkey. Overall, I feel proud to be part of the LPP staff.

Cons

As with any ongoing business, there is always room for improvement.

3. "Amazing Place to Work"

Current Employee - Lead Toddler Teacher in North Bay Village, FL
    Current Employee - Lead Toddler Teacher in North Bay Village, FL

Pros

I have been working at Le Petit Papillon for over 2 years and I cannot imagine myself anywhere else. I have learned so much from our Head of School and am so grateful to her not only for teaching me everything I know but also for believing in me and helping me to be the best I can be. My coworkers are amazing and are so supportive of one another. The School itself is beyond beautiful and the classrooms are immaculate and full of incredible materials. It is evident how much the children love being at LPP and how excited they are to start each day!
    I am proud to be a part of this team and look forward to many more years here.

Cons

There are none that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Thank you!

4. "An enriching experience and a top tier school to work at"

Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Miami Beach, FL

I have been working at Le Petit Papillon Montessori School full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Le Petit Papillon Montessori School has provided me with all of the tools I need to grow as a teacher. The environment is so amazing as it offers employees the chance to really master the craft of being a Montessori Guide. My coworkers are always available to collaborate with, and we all have the same passion for education. The administration has continuously showed their support by providing many opportunities for professional development and growth. The students that attend this school are second to none, as they have a deep understanding of the key values of respect, education, and community. I am incredibly grateful that I am a part of the staff at this school and I would highly recommend it as an employment option for anybody who is hardworking, dedicated, and excited about education.

Cons

Up to this point there have been no real "cons" of working here. My experience thus far has been nothing but positive.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. You have created a community of like-minded individuals that are inspired to teach the youth of Miami Beach. You have been loyal, fair, and have helped me to reach my potential as a professional.

5. "Fantastic Experience"

Former Employee - Enrichment Teacher/Administrator in Miami Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Enrichment Teacher/Administrator in Miami Beach, FL

I worked at Le Petit Papillon Montessori School full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

LPP Montessori is the most beautiful school I have ever worked at or visited. The campus is simply magical and the students and staff are lovely. The students that have been at this school of years have the best manners and are a pleasure to teach, and are so endearing towards new students coming into their community. The facilities are top notch and opportunities endless as a teacher. We are allowed to use our imaginations as teachers and really encourage the students to challenge themselves and explore anything they wish. If I wasn't moving, I would have stayed at this school for the rest of my career.

Cons

Although there are no overt cons for this school there are things to take into consideration if applying here. This is a fast paced school. There are many expectations of the students and teachers in this competitive private school environment, so you must be prepared to move quickly and be on top of your game so that the school day can be packed with not only the most pragmatic learning experiences for the children, but also fun and enriching activities.

6. "School Review"

Current Employee - Lead Elementary Teacher in Miami Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Lead Elementary Teacher in Miami Beach, FL

Pros

I have been working at this school for over 5 years now and have learned from the day I stepped foot in the door! Ms. Damarys, the owner of the school, has taken me and every employee under her wing and only wants her staff to be the BEST for our students, which is why our students are as successful as they are. The environment is as aesthetically beautiful as a fairytale garden! You walk around and see a parrot aviary, pigs, a coy fish and turtle pond, a tree house, and inside the classrooms there are an abundance of materials available to the students and teachers that allow the students to excel each and everyday! It is a great environment to work in and and the staff is supportive of each other creating a team atmosphere, where I have learned from everyone of them, especially Ms. Damarys, the owner of the school! Each year, we travel to different schools to share our knowledge and learn about other schools so that we, as educators are constantly learning and bettering ourselves as educators so that our students are getting the best education each and everyday!

Cons

In the 5 years I have been there, I have experienced, NO cons, as it takes hard work to create something special and that is what Le Petit Papillon is all about, and our team is a special harding working team that anyone would be lucky to be part of!

7. "Outstanding School!!! Proud to work here!!"

Current Employee - Lead Teacher in North Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Lead Teacher in North Miami, FL

Pros

An Amazing school to work with children. I have been part an wonderful team for over four years. Our school is run by an incredibly talented woman who is very innovative and creative. We have a phenomenal campus with state of the art materials that bridge the common core standards with collegiate STEM programs. The staff myself included is friendly, well educated and passionate about Montessori and I am very proud to call this my home!

Cons

I feel that with any school you may encounter conflict, at L.P.P we work hard to keep the lines of communication open so that if there is a question or concern we are available to come to a peaceful resolve

8. "I am a Lead Teacher at Le Petit Papillon Montessori School."

Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Miami Beach, FL

I have been working at Le Petit Papillon Montessori School full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ever since I wanted to become a teacher, Le Petit Papillon Montessori school has given and supported the opportunity for me to do so. There is a wonderful team of teachers that will work together with you to help you meet your goals and soar. The environment of the school is one that will literally "take your breath" away which makes it an easy atmosphere to love your workplace. The students are exposed to the very best crafted and the most up to date Montessori materials, allowing the students to reach their maximum success.

Cons

There are currently no cons I would like to share.

"My experience at LPP was deplorable."

Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Miami, FL

I worked at Le Petit Papillon Montessori School full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Beautiful school but that is all a facade.

Cons

I was a teacher here at Le Petit Papillon for 3 years and during my employment I witnessed first hand the verbal abuse on the teachers, favoritism amongst the students by Ms. Zarling (Head of School), lies after lies to the parents, the teachers being so scared of Ms. Zarling that they scream at and treat the children as if it were boot camp, the teachers constantly being called out of class, etc. A teacher once said "I wouldn't send my plants to this school." All of the good reviews online are either done by the head of school herself, forced teachers (as she did to me) or the parents that she favors. During my employment at LPP only 2 out of the 8 lead teachers were Montessori certified and none of the assistant teachers were certified (some not even college graduates). The 2 teachers who were Montessori certified were responsible for training all the other teachers each morning on how and what do. This is one of the reasons why head of school does not allow the teachers to speak to the parents in fear of being exposed. And the reason they are not allowed inside the classroom (unless scheduled) is for fear of the parents realizing the teachers have no idea what they are doing. When the parents are allowed in the classroom for parent observation the head of school has the assistant teacher remove all of the "bad" students out of the classroom! I could go on and on about all the terrible things I witnessed in my 3 years but the bottom line is do not send your child/children to this school for his/her own well being and listen to the negative reviews as they are the truth.

Advice to Management

Sell the school to someone who knows how to properly run a school. You are only doing harm to both the children and teachers. Most teachers who leave your school no longer want to teach. Stop crushing dreams and scaring children.

10. "Teacher"

Current Employee - Teacher
    Current Employee - Teacher

I have been working at Le Petit Papillon Montessori School full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Papillon Montessori is an environment of growth, creativity, knowledge and community. I am so fortunate to work with fellow teachers who are driven, passionate and who truly care about the students and all of our families. Our Director is supportive and guides us in our efforts to educate and bring forth the child's fullest potential. It truly is a pleasure to a teacher here and I am very grateful to learn and grow among such outstanding professional educators.

Cons

There are no cons here.