Le Petit Papillon Montessori School Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "PM Review"

Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Miami Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Miami Beach, FL

I worked at Le Petit Papillon Montessori School full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Being part of the LPP family for over 5 years was one of the best experiences of my life and I am still very involved with the school, as it leaves a lasting impression in your heart. The owner, Damarys, makes sure that every student needs are met from toddler to upper elementary, each program is designed for every student to soar. Every classroom has a unique style to it that is inviting everyday to the students and is always prepared for them to work and succeed in the a welcoming environment. Besides the classroom set up, the students have many outdoor activities available to them that allows them to be creative and develop their social skills that is needed in todays society. There is various playgrounds, many animals for the students to interact with, a treehouse, and now a pool which opens up so many doors! LPP is the place to be, as an educator and a student!

Cons

There are no cons at this time. Unfortunately, I moved over an hour away and am still very involved with the school!

2. "Teacher"

Current Employee - Teacher
    Current Employee - Teacher

I have been working at Le Petit Papillon Montessori School full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Papillon Montessori is an environment of growth, creativity, knowledge and community. I am so fortunate to work with fellow teachers who are driven, passionate and who truly care about the students and all of our families. Our Director is supportive and guides us in our efforts to educate and bring forth the child's fullest potential. It truly is a pleasure to a teacher here and I am very grateful to learn and grow among such outstanding professional educators.

Cons

There are no cons here.

3. "See the negative reviews? Believe them."

Pros

The students at this school are excellent.

Cons

The owner/ head of school. Plain and simple. This school is bursting with potential, and unfortunately all of that is squashed by an overbearing, rude, and completely unprofessional "leader". It's simply a shame.

The façade created will continue on because kids that attend the school know no different, and because parents are rarely, if ever, allowed in during school hours.

If you are thinking about sending your kids to this school, do your homework first. Contact the school, try to schedule a tour during the day with your child, schedule a meeting with the head of school. Read all the reviews, and note that on this site, the positive reviews from staff are all done on about the same day. Possible they were instructed to do so? You be the judge.

If you are applying for, interviewing for, or thinking of accepting a teaching position here...don't do it. This place is a serious career mistake.

Advice to Management

Learn to communicate with others in positive and professional manner. Treat others with the respect and kindness they deserve. Whether they are students, staff, visitors, etc... If you can't do that, sell your school to someone who can. Being in a position of authority in no way, gives you the right to treat others with disrespect.

4. "Any Good Review is A Fake Review"

I worked at Le Petit Papillon Montessori School full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are no pros. The administration here is horrible.

Cons

The owner is horrible. There is such a high turnover because she does not know how to speak to people. She frequently hires people and then does not pay them by saying you were in training. Then she says that you can only work so many hours so you must clock out at a certain time but still go back and finish things. This company should be reported to BBB and labor board.

Advice to Management

Sell the school. It is such a beautiful place on the outside but ugly on the inside like the owner.

5. "Fantastic Experience"

Former Employee - Enrichment Teacher/Administrator in Miami Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Enrichment Teacher/Administrator in Miami Beach, FL

I worked at Le Petit Papillon Montessori School full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

LPP Montessori is the most beautiful school I have ever worked at or visited. The campus is simply magical and the students and staff are lovely. The students that have been at this school of years have the best manners and are a pleasure to teach, and are so endearing towards new students coming into their community. The facilities are top notch and opportunities endless as a teacher. We are allowed to use our imaginations as teachers and really encourage the students to challenge themselves and explore anything they wish. If I wasn't moving, I would have stayed at this school for the rest of my career.

Cons

Although there are no overt cons for this school there are things to take into consideration if applying here. This is a fast paced school. There are many expectations of the students and teachers in this competitive private school environment, so you must be prepared to move quickly and be on top of your game so that the school day can be packed with not only the most pragmatic learning experiences for the children, but also fun and enriching activities.

6. "Teacher"

Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Miami Beach, FL

I have been working at Le Petit Papillon Montessori School full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

LPP is an environment to grow as a person, an educator, and to gain confidence. We are pushed to excel and create. As a staff, we collaborate well with each program (toddler, pre-k, elem.) and in doing so, we as teachers truly understand where a student is academically to where our goal for them will be. The campus itself has a sense of tranquility and beauty that is not seen in most schools. The campus is also filled with pets such as miniature turtles, fish, rabbits, a guinea pig, pot-bellied pigs, lizards, birds, and even our very own monkey. Overall, I feel proud to be part of the LPP staff.

Cons

As with any ongoing business, there is always room for improvement.

7. "Amazing Place to Work"

Current Employee - Lead Toddler Teacher in North Bay Village, FL
    Current Employee - Lead Toddler Teacher in North Bay Village, FL

Pros

I have been working at Le Petit Papillon for over 2 years and I cannot imagine myself anywhere else. I have learned so much from our Head of School and am so grateful to her not only for teaching me everything I know but also for believing in me and helping me to be the best I can be. My coworkers are amazing and are so supportive of one another. The School itself is beyond beautiful and the classrooms are immaculate and full of incredible materials. It is evident how much the children love being at LPP and how excited they are to start each day!
    I am proud to be a part of this team and look forward to many more years here.

Cons

There are none that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Thank you!

8. "Amazing school!!!"

Pros

Le Petit Papillon Montessori is an amazing school that embodies the true spirit of education. Our teachers hold the highest credentials and seek to inspire students on the daily basis. Our Head of School is warm, welcoming and very supportive. Together, we work as a team to create the best environment for students to thrive in. We are dedicated professionals with the highest level of integrity and knowledge. I am very proud to work at Le Petit Papillon and feel very supported by our dedicated and compassionate Head of School

Cons

There are no cons!!! Le Petit Papillon is an incredible school to work in in every way possible.

9. "An enriching experience and a top tier school to work at"

Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Miami Beach, FL

I have been working at Le Petit Papillon Montessori School full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Le Petit Papillon Montessori School has provided me with all of the tools I need to grow as a teacher. The environment is so amazing as it offers employees the chance to really master the craft of being a Montessori Guide. My coworkers are always available to collaborate with, and we all have the same passion for education. The administration has continuously showed their support by providing many opportunities for professional development and growth. The students that attend this school are second to none, as they have a deep understanding of the key values of respect, education, and community. I am incredibly grateful that I am a part of the staff at this school and I would highly recommend it as an employment option for anybody who is hardworking, dedicated, and excited about education.

Cons

Up to this point there have been no real "cons" of working here. My experience thus far has been nothing but positive.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. You have created a community of like-minded individuals that are inspired to teach the youth of Miami Beach. You have been loyal, fair, and have helped me to reach my potential as a professional.

10. "School Review"

Current Employee - Lead Elementary Teacher in Miami Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Lead Elementary Teacher in Miami Beach, FL

Pros

I have been working at this school for over 5 years now and have learned from the day I stepped foot in the door! Ms. Damarys, the owner of the school, has taken me and every employee under her wing and only wants her staff to be the BEST for our students, which is why our students are as successful as they are. The environment is as aesthetically beautiful as a fairytale garden! You walk around and see a parrot aviary, pigs, a coy fish and turtle pond, a tree house, and inside the classrooms there are an abundance of materials available to the students and teachers that allow the students to excel each and everyday! It is a great environment to work in and and the staff is supportive of each other creating a team atmosphere, where I have learned from everyone of them, especially Ms. Damarys, the owner of the school! Each year, we travel to different schools to share our knowledge and learn about other schools so that we, as educators are constantly learning and bettering ourselves as educators so that our students are getting the best education each and everyday!

Cons

In the 5 years I have been there, I have experienced, NO cons, as it takes hard work to create something special and that is what Le Petit Papillon is all about, and our team is a special harding working team that anyone would be lucky to be part of!