LePort Schools Reviews | Glassdoor

LePort Schools Reviews

Updated Jul 31, 2019

3.1
LePort Schools CEO Carl Barney (no image)
Carl Barney
Pros
  • "Clean campus, well-staffed (to the point of being over-staffed), families seem kind and supportive of the head teachers(in 6 reviews)

• "I have yet to see anyone lose sight of the fact that we are working with children and striving to create a better world(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "Our Assistant Teachers need more support and better compensation(in 9 reviews)

• "This is not a real Montessori centered school(in 9 reviews)

1. "An enjoyable environment"

Current Employee - Teacher Assistant in Huntington Beach, CA

I have been working at LePort Schools full-time for less than a year

Pros

I really enjoy working at Leport, all of the staff are very helpful. They really try to make you feel welcomed, and they have a very positive environment. The children and the staff all seem very happy, and very accommodating.

Cons

At this point I haven’t experienced any cons

LePort Schools2018-10-18
  2. "Glad I was offered something better"

Former Employee - Teacher

I worked at LePort Schools full-time for more than a year

Pros

They paid me very well

Cons

So unorganized, pay was good but something was always wrong with paycheck...missing hours.

LePort Schools2019-08-01
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

4. "corporate that makes money out of children"

Former Employee - Assistant Teacher in San Francisco, CA

I worked at LePort Schools full-time

Pros

nothing... (to be honest there is nothing but my colleagues were genuine people. they all left, though)

Cons

behind the fancy brochure of happy children smiling on its cover, leport exploits teachers. i stayed much longer than i should have because i was so attached to the infants i cared so much about.

Advice to Management

children are NOT money.

LePort Schools2019-08-01
  5. "great"

Current Employee - Lead Teacher in White Plains, NY

I have been working at LePort Schools part-time for more than a year

Pros

great people, nice environment, coworkers supportive

Cons

salary low; too slow to improve salary

Advice to Management

be patient and be more patient

LePort Schools2019-04-30
  6. "I loved the school!"

Montessori Junior Teacher in Irvine, CA

I worked at LePort Schools for more than a year

Pros

The director and head of school give the staff a lot of freedom and trust to do what we think is appropriate with the children. They are also very flexible and caring for our personal needs. There are also some professional development events from time to time, which are really helpful.

Cons

I felt that the school didn't include the parents in the community as much as they should.

LePort Schools2019-01-24
  7. "Ever changing"

Former Employee - Leport Schools

I worked at LePort Schools full-time

Pros

School settings are somewhat flexible to work in, but a lot of Grey area at the same time.

Cons

High management turnover and changing plans

Advice to Management

Take more time to connect with the campus staff, they make it happen. Also as a school, the maternity leave is poor.

LePort Schools2019-02-06

"My subbing experience was horrible; teachers were disrespectful, uneducated and not welcoming."

Former Employee - Teacher Assistant in Irvine, CA

I worked at LePort Schools part-time for less than a year

Pros

I don’t know. Convenient location?

Cons

Licensed facility regulations and procedures were not followed.

Advice to Management

Be more organized with daily routines and be welcoming to substitute teachers!

LePort Schools2019-01-31

"Glamorous place full of lies"

Current Employee - Teaching Assistant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LePort Schools full-time for less than a year

Pros

- lunchtime - my breaks

Cons

Another unorganized, unstable, and messy corporate daycare. They claim it to be a school, but behind the curtains its rung like many other daycare centers. This is not a real Montessori centered school. It is not structured and quiet as it should. Instead, it is chaotic, loud, and very crowded. They feed children snacks, help with potty training, supervise eat, nap, and basically just let the children play all day.... There is no real learning or curriculum in this school. It is all marketing strategies. They glorify the outside, but it is not the same inside. Don’t believe the hype. A school that claims to be high quality really isn’t. Many children stay in the room for 3years. Due to the lengthily classroom time, children tend to get bored and act out. The children are not proper and will scream, hit, yell, and do whatever it takes to get their way. Many classrooms can be quiet if the head teacher provide structure and rules to the children. However, many teacher assistants and head teacher in the classroom do not mesh well together. Some teachers are very dedicated and hardworking, while some likes to stand around and order other teachers to do the work. Certain teachers hold a narcissistic attitude, and some will give you life lessons. All the teachers should be paid more but only gets paid less than one childs tuition. . Where does all the money goes you ask? It doesn't go to purchasing new materials for sure, instead it goes to the highest management of the school. There are so many rules that this school has broken. If looked up on state laws, they should have been written up by now. But because this is a money making school, I feel like they get away with a lot. Ex. ratio problems, unqualified teachers, no supervision of children, etc. Often, you'll see children running down the halls and even teachers screaming in the classroom, but no admin is nearby to help because they are so busy having pretend meetings. The outside yard may be big, but it is filled with over 35 children at once. This causes a lot of incidents which is very unsafe for children of younger age. The parents are also the snobbiest people. They come in wearing nice clothes, but when they talk to you, they have the nastiest attitude.

LePort Schools2018-12-05
  10. "lead teacher"

Current Employee - Special Education Teacher

I have been working at LePort Schools full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Teachers are strongly supported—- plenty time for lesson planning. The children are a joy and the parents demonstrate so much appreciation towards the teachers and staff throughout the year. LePort truly knows how to show their teachers they are valued.

Cons

None at the moment. Very great work environment!

LePort Schools2018-10-20

"Okay Experience"

I have been working at LePort Schools full-time

Pros

Teachers showed they cared about each other and children.

Cons

Administration and franchisement ruins the experience.

Advice to Management

Listen to the teachers.

LePort Schools2018-09-24