Leadnomics Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Stephen Gill
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Really smart dev team and fun company to work for!"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

Every day walking through the doors at Leadnomics there was something new, exciting, and innovative brewing. With free food, drinks, and beer I couldn't have picked a better place to work. I was able to share my careers goals at Leadnomics with my manager, allowing us both to achieve them. As a dev I got the chance to see my ideas play into action and have time work on my own ideas that I thought would be beneficial to help the business grow. Very people centric, customer and employee first type management and leadership. Would highly recommend to anyone looking for a great career path.

Cons

Come prepared with loaded nerf gun.

2. "It was a place that existed"

Former Employee - Engineer
    Former Employee - Engineer

I worked at Leadnomics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Leadnomics was a relaxed place. People would come in at 10 and leave at 3. You really didn't need to work 40 hours to get paid for 40 hours. I liked that.

Cons

Management changed all the time. The company lacked direction and was always bringing in random consultants. I think the consultants liked to receive the easy check because I don't know what they did other than get paid.

Advice to Management

Not much to give. I hear the place doesn't really exist now. I heard they hired a fake CEO to do some dirty work. He probably also enjoyed getting paid.

3. "Culture Shift and Financial Problems"

Pros

All the perks of a tech startup (though heavily diminished due to financial problems), with a smart team of coworkers and peers. The team members were the best part of the job.

Cons

The company leadership has a large ego and has failed to repeat the success that was seen in the early years of the company. Company strategy seems to be rudderless and employees are beginning to jump ship.

Advice to Management

Determine what your strategy is, bring in strong leadership, and treat your employees as people. Free beer doesn't make up for poor attitudes

4. "Fun and Young Company"

Former Employee - Analyst in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Analyst in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Leadnomics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Director level employees are smart and forthcoming
    - Everyone is friendly
    - Not too stressful
    - Open communication between leadership and lower level employees

Cons

- Company direction at times was unclear
    - Groups within organization operated separately. Didn't seem like there was a lot of alignment between the groups.

Advice to Management

- Have employees from different groups work together on verticals.

5. "Marketing Intern"

Former Employee - Digital Marketing Intern in New Haven, CT
    Former Employee - Digital Marketing Intern in New Haven, CT

I worked at Leadnomics (More than a year)

Pros

Very open office with great communication between employees. Seems to be quite fast-paced and teaches you lots of skills on the job. Also unlimited snacks.

Cons

Can't think of too much

"Design Engineer Perspective"

Current Employee - Design Engineer in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Design Engineer in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Leadnomics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Freedom to create your own path if you choose to.
    - Lots of projects all the time
    - Family & Friend like environment

Cons

- Can be stressful at times
    - Roles are not clearly defined in some cases, which can cause confusion on projects
    - Lead generation is not the most fulfilling industry

Jul 17, 2015 – Co-Founder

Many thanks for your review and your valid points about clarifying roles. With a company like ours, that can be particularly challenging, especially in tech/engineering positions, as projects and... More

"Amazing opportunity for innovators, hard workers, and self-starters"

I have been working at Leadnomics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been working at Leadnomics for less than six months and am impressed. It's a fast-growing company that values its employees and believes good ideas can come from anywhere. It's really a collaborative, supportive environment. Monthly stakeholders meetings that give all staff a transparent look at the business are a welcome change from other places I've been. Everyone is made to feel appreciated for their work with regular shoutouts that can come from anywhere in the company thanks to a weekly submission process--you frequently find praise coming from someone who has admired your work at a bit of a distance which is very much appreciated! Benefits and perks are FANTASTIC.

Cons

It's a growing company with constant innovation. This is great for someone who sees opportunity out of a challenge; likes to be proactive; and is highly-organized, but could be a con for those who need more direction and guidance.

Advice to Management

The culture here is great! Hang on to it as we grow.

"Fast-paced, fun environment"

I have been working at Leadnomics full-time

Pros

1. Great location and modern office space, very cool desks that offering standing/seated settings
    2. Awesome benefit offerings
    3. Competitive pay
    4. Forward-thinking leadership
    5. Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks - very nice to have!

Cons

Due to their proactive approach to gain feedback good/bad from employees I cannot site any specific cons.

Advice to Management

Keep up the solid work!

"Nimble company, great people, not for robots"

Former Employee - Principal Architect in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Principal Architect in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Leadnomics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Leadnomics is seriously agile. That's a big key to success in the technology+marketing space, and not only does the leadership understand the value in being able to beat the competition to new business opportunities, the technologies behind the Leadnomics platform were designed expressly to enable it. Don't mistake a nimble approach to new opportunities for a lack of direction; Leadnomics' ability to rapidly meet the needs of its customers *is* its direction.

No matter what role you're in, no two days will be the same. If you're looking for a position where you can settle in and take a robotic approach to your work, Leadnomics is not for you. It's managed to maintain its startup vibe even after transitioning to a medium-sized business, and that's just as true for the open office space and perks like the fully stocked kitchen as it is for the day-to-day cycle of new ideas and changing customer needs.

Leadnomics is home to some of the brightest folks I've had the pleasure of working with, from engineering on through business development, and employees are trusted to make their own decisions and collaborate with others without a lot of red tape. Coming from a big corporate environment, that was refreshing.

The startup-y environment also means relaxed professionalism. There's not much of a dress code beyond "wear something", folks laugh a lot and play the occasional prank, you'll be made fun of purely out of friendship and jest (especially on the engineering team...). Again, Leadnomics is not for robots. If you don't consider this a 'pro', it's probably not a good fit.

On the engineering side, the technologies being used are incredible and bleeding-edge. Expect to learn a lot in a very short time, and have the opportunity to go to area talks (or even speak at area talks) if you're passionate about it. And you should be!

Transparency from leadership was also a plus. Seeing real numbers in meetings each month, good or bad, enabled employees to make better decisions and instills a lot of trust in them.

Compensation, at least for engineering, trends at market values or higher. An earlier review said Leadnomics has a low salary cap for engineers, and that's patently ridiculous. I have serious doubts that the reviewer actually worked in an engineering role. Leadnomics takes care of their own and knows what they'd be worth elsewhere.

Cons

Communication between departments can always be better. During my time there, the lines between the teams and the lack of insight into each team's process became more like barriers as the process was streamlined to the point of not requiring as much person-to-person and team-to-team interaction. That was already improving by the time I left for my next opportunity, though.

The environment can sometimes trend toward frat-like, with the focus of most company outings and events being on drinking. This may be a 'pro' to some, but for someone who doesn't drink, fitting in can be difficult.

Advice to Management

Having to terminate employees is a fact of life and good business. Consider offering more context and explanation to employees than "Person X has left the company". Even if you invite folks to ask questions if they have concerns, most people won't do that. I think this gets interpreted as fear-based management because few people know why a termination happened or how to avoid it themselves. Don't dwell, but some concise reasoning to settle others' emotional response would be welcomed.

Even more investment in employee development would be great. In my time there, Leadnomics enabled me to speak at various conferences and meet big names in the engineering community. Benefits like that or even more personal development-based events for the rest of the company would have a big impact and show staff how much they're valued.

May 4, 2015 – Co-Founder

Thanks for this review. We are proud of our technologies and the teams that have built them. And many thanks for pointing out the compensation positives and the need for individual independence... More

"Modern Company, Comfortable Environment & Best Internship Yet."

Former Employee - Intern in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Intern in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Leadnomics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

After coming from working in large corporations where I was micromanaged day in and day out, my faith in companies has been restored through working here. The corporate culture is everything a modern company should be. I've been the most impressed with Leadnomics out of all four of my internships. Plus, everyone I worked with was pretty hilarious, and that made me feel very comfortable coming into work everyday.

The work: The projects I get are very interesting, and I have the ability to work on whatever tailors to my interest. As an intern, that's golden. I don't find myself ever doing extremely tedious or repetitive like most other interns are used to. This company is very interested in finding your niche and allowing you to work to your best abilities through that. I've learned a lot more than I initially expected.

The people: Really smart group of people. Everyone is also very collaborative when together. They make an effort to get to know one another, and in turn that makes the job something I looked forward to everyday.

Corporate culture: Modern and mainly younger environment. Regular meetings with your team and the entire office to brainstorm, go over goals and make sure everyone is on the same page. Meetings don't feel like "typical meetings", and for the most part are laid back. Management is very transparent, and I've always gotten the feel they want everyone succeeding as a team. They consider seriously your options, which is rare these days.

Benefits: The perks are everything a college student could ask for. Lunch on the company ever Tuesday. Stocked fridge full of all the food and beer you could want. Office layout is extremely creative. There are pods, couches, lounge areas and meeting rooms if you don't want to conform to being at a desk all day. The entire office is full of happy people and big personalities which helps days go by extremely fast. Not a typical 9-5.

Cons

This isn't so much a con, but with the fast working environment, there are obviously responsibilities that are expected of you. Being in a startup environment, every person wears a couple different hats. It's not that good for anyone that can't easily multitask or self educate their way through some databases and platforms.

Advice to Management

Keep up the innovative environment within Leadnomics.

Apr 17, 2015 – Chief Operating Officer

Thanks for your positive comments. We're glad your experience was challenging and what you'd hoped for.