KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Leadnomics Reviews

Updated Jan 23, 2020

Found 17 of over 18 reviews

3.6
Leadnomics Co-Founder Stephen Gill (no image)
Stephen Gill
1 Rating
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Place to work for several years

Jan 23, 2020 - Marketing in Philadelphia, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great flexibility and friendships with colleagues.

Cons

None really, sometimes long hours.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company to grow with

Feb 19, 2013 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun and innovative culture Opportunity to work with tons of smart and motivated colleagues in the industry. Great location and seriously awesome view of Philadelphia. The office itself is really great too. Lots of opportunity for advancement within the company for those who are motivated enough to seek it. Perks, such as a huge variety of snacks, weekly catered lunches, frequent company outings, and office games (ping-pong, video games, board games)

Cons

Employees are expected to wear many hats and often don't have clear-cut roles. If you are looking for a job where you can expect do the same tasks every day and have a lot of management oversight, then this is definitely not the place for you. Since it is a small and growing company, there are obviously some growing pains. The company is currently in the process of evolving from a very small start-up to a larger, more traditional business. This means that there are constantly changes taking place which might deter those who prefer working in a more slow-moving, predictable environment.

7 people found this review helpful
  3. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing opportunity for innovators, hard workers, and self-starters

Jul 14, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've been working at Leadnomics for less than six months and am impressed. It's a fast-growing company that values its employees and believes good ideas can come from anywhere. It's really a collaborative, supportive environment. Monthly stakeholders meetings that give all staff a transparent look at the business are a welcome change from other places I've been. Everyone is made to feel appreciated for their work with regular shoutouts that can come from anywhere in the company thanks to a weekly submission process--you frequently find praise coming from someone who has admired your work at a bit of a distance which is very much appreciated! Benefits and perks are FANTASTIC.

Cons

It's a growing company with constant innovation. This is great for someone who sees opportunity out of a challenge; likes to be proactive; and is highly-organized, but could be a con for those who need more direction and guidance.

1 person found this review helpful
  4. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Terrible Leadership - Stepping stone employer, not a career

Mar 8, 2015 - Affiliate Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

With the exception of the leadership, the company hires great people with a lot of talent. They offers perks such as snacks, alcohol and a modern work environment.

Cons

The leadership is by for the most unprofessional group, you could ever encounter in a professional setting. They use scare tactics rather than employee development to attempt to achieve things. There is no clear goal or future for the company, they try to do too many things at once but never successfully accomplish anything to completion. Leadership encourages shifty business tactics to acquire and retain clients. The company rarely promotes from within, but if they do so, it only to prove a point. The company strives for mediocrity, rather than trying to the best.

6 people found this review helpful

Chief Operating Officer

The writer here brings up a few valid points most of which, have been addressed over the past five months. With regards to the leadership, much has changed, not only in setting clear and concise goals for the future but also with regards to transparency and consensus building. We have promoted eight staffers from within this quarter, five of those employees were elevated to management or director roles. Also, we are striving to mentor and provide leadership guidance to all managers.

5. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Modern Company, Comfortable Environment & Best Internship Yet.

Mar 19, 2015 - Intern in Philadelphia, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

After coming from working in large corporations where I was micromanaged day in and day out, my faith in companies has been restored through working here. The corporate culture is everything a modern company should be. I've been the most impressed with Leadnomics out of all four of my internships. Plus, everyone I worked with was pretty hilarious, and that made me feel very comfortable coming into work everyday. The work: The projects I get are very interesting, and I have the ability to work on whatever tailors to my interest. As an intern, that's golden. I don't find myself ever doing extremely tedious or repetitive like most other interns are used to. This company is very interested in finding your niche and allowing you to work to your best abilities through that. I've learned a lot more than I initially expected. The people: Really smart group of people. Everyone is also very collaborative when together. They make an effort to get to know one another, and in turn that makes the job something I looked forward to everyday. Corporate culture: Modern and mainly younger environment. Regular meetings with your team and the entire office to brainstorm, go over goals and make sure everyone is on the same page. Meetings don't feel like "typical meetings", and for the most part are laid back. Management is very transparent, and I've always gotten the feel they want everyone succeeding as a team. They consider seriously your options, which is rare these days. Benefits: The perks are everything a college student could ask for. Lunch on the company ever Tuesday. Stocked fridge full of all the food and beer you could want. Office layout is extremely creative. There are pods, couches, lounge areas and meeting rooms if you don't want to conform to being at a desk all day. The entire office is full of happy people and big personalities which helps days go by extremely fast. Not a typical 9-5.

Cons

This isn't so much a con, but with the fast working environment, there are obviously responsibilities that are expected of you. Being in a startup environment, every person wears a couple different hats. It's not that good for anyone that can't easily multitask or self educate their way through some databases and platforms.

6 people found this review helpful

Chief Operating Officer

Thanks for your positive comments. We're glad your experience was challenging and what you'd hoped for.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee

Really smart dev team and fun company to work for!

Feb 8, 2016 - Software Engineer in Philadelphia, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Every day walking through the doors at Leadnomics there was something new, exciting, and innovative brewing. With free food, drinks, and beer I couldn't have picked a better place to work. I was able to share my careers goals at Leadnomics with my manager, allowing us both to achieve them. As a dev I got the chance to see my ideas play into action and have time work on my own ideas that I thought would be beneficial to help the business grow. Very people centric, customer and employee first type management and leadership. Would highly recommend to anyone looking for a great career path.

Cons

Come prepared with loaded nerf gun.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Nimble company, great people, not for robots

Apr 29, 2015 - Principal Architect in Philadelphia, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Leadnomics is seriously agile. That's a big key to success in the technology+marketing space, and not only does the leadership understand the value in being able to beat the competition to new business opportunities, the technologies behind the Leadnomics platform were designed expressly to enable it. Don't mistake a nimble approach to new opportunities for a lack of direction; Leadnomics' ability to rapidly meet the needs of its customers *is* its direction. No matter what role you're in, no two days will be the same. If you're looking for a position where you can settle in and take a robotic approach to your work, Leadnomics is not for you. It's managed to maintain its startup vibe even after transitioning to a medium-sized business, and that's just as true for the open office space and perks like the fully stocked kitchen as it is for the day-to-day cycle of new ideas and changing customer needs. Leadnomics is home to some of the brightest folks I've had the pleasure of working with, from engineering on through business development, and employees are trusted to make their own decisions and collaborate with others without a lot of red tape. Coming from a big corporate environment, that was refreshing. The startup-y environment also means relaxed professionalism. There's not much of a dress code beyond "wear something", folks laugh a lot and play the occasional prank, you'll be made fun of purely out of friendship and jest (especially on the engineering team...). Again, Leadnomics is not for robots. If you don't consider this a 'pro', it's probably not a good fit. On the engineering side, the technologies being used are incredible and bleeding-edge. Expect to learn a lot in a very short time, and have the opportunity to go to area talks (or even speak at area talks) if you're passionate about it. And you should be! Transparency from leadership was also a plus. Seeing real numbers in meetings each month, good or bad, enabled employees to make better decisions and instills a lot of trust in them. Compensation, at least for engineering, trends at market values or higher. An earlier review said Leadnomics has a low salary cap for engineers, and that's patently ridiculous. I have serious doubts that the reviewer actually worked in an engineering role. Leadnomics takes care of their own and knows what they'd be worth elsewhere.

Cons

Communication between departments can always be better. During my time there, the lines between the teams and the lack of insight into each team's process became more like barriers as the process was streamlined to the point of not requiring as much person-to-person and team-to-team interaction. That was already improving by the time I left for my next opportunity, though. The environment can sometimes trend toward frat-like, with the focus of most company outings and events being on drinking. This may be a 'pro' to some, but for someone who doesn't drink, fitting in can be difficult.

4 people found this review helpful

Co-Founder

Thanks for this review. We are proud of our technologies and the teams that have built them. And many thanks for pointing out the compensation positives and the need for individual independence. Regarding your advice to management, you bring up some very good points. At Leadnomics, we have really tried to step up our game to foster better interdepartmental communications. This is being done through a variety of measures, not the least of which is better representation by all departments in strategic planning and better cross-functional roles that tie tech teams, for example, with marketing, sales and business intelligence. Also, we have recently launched a 3rd party anonymous digital suggestion box that will help individuals communicate concerns if they feel uncomfortable expressing their concerns outright. Regarding people leaving the company, we have recently begun sending out email communication to the entire staff when someone leaves the company for any reason, taking some of the mystery away from the process.

8. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Learning Experience

Feb 27, 2013 - Software Engineer in Philadelphia, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

easy-going people, flexibility, good hours, very good open office, stocked pantry, great opportunity to learn and experiment, great people to talk to at sister companies, company parties, good benefits, some very intelligent people with good grasp, lots of different problems to work on and lots of customers, convenient location

Cons

pursuit of aggressive growth avenues and lack of technical comprehension, indecision by upper echelon leading to missteps, resource under-utilization, and other growing pains that most startups face

3 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Design Engineer Perspective

Jul 15, 2015 - Design Engineer in Philadelphia, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Freedom to create your own path if you choose to. - Lots of projects all the time - Family & Friend like environment

Cons

- Can be stressful at times - Roles are not clearly defined in some cases, which can cause confusion on projects - Lead generation is not the most fulfilling industry

4 people found this review helpful

Co-Founder

Many thanks for your review and your valid points about clarifying roles. With a company like ours, that can be particularly challenging, especially in tech/engineering positions, as projects and their priorities often shift. That being said it is something we need to double down and work harder on.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee

Fast-paced, fun environment

May 7, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

1. Great location and modern office space, very cool desks that offering standing/seated settings 2. Awesome benefit offerings 3. Competitive pay 4. Forward-thinking leadership 5. Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks - very nice to have!

Cons

Due to their proactive approach to gain feedback good/bad from employees I cannot site any specific cons.

2 people found this review helpful