Leadnomics Reviews

Updated Jan 23, 2020

3.6
Leadnomics Co-Founder Stephen Gill (no image)
Stephen Gill
1 Rating
  1. "Great Place to work for several years"

Former Employee - Marketing in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Leadnomics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great flexibility and friendships with colleagues.

Cons

None really, sometimes long hours.

Leadnomics2020-01-23

"It was a place that existed"

1.0
    Former Employee - Engineer

I worked at Leadnomics full-time for less than a year

Pros

Leadnomics was a relaxed place. People would come in at 10 and leave at 3. You really didn't need to work 40 hours to get paid for 40 hours. I liked that.

Cons

Management changed all the time. The company lacked direction and was always bringing in random consultants. I think the consultants liked to receive the easy check because I don't know what they did other than get paid.

Leadnomics2017-05-12
  3. "Culture Shift and Financial Problems"

2.0

I worked at Leadnomics

Pros

All the perks of a tech startup (though heavily diminished due to financial problems), with a smart team of coworkers and peers. The team members were the best part of the job.

Cons

The company leadership has a large ego and has failed to repeat the success that was seen in the early years of the company. Company strategy seems to be rudderless and employees are beginning to jump ship.

Leadnomics2016-11-13
  4. "Fun and Young Company"

4.0
    Former Employee - Analyst in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Leadnomics full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Director level employees are smart and forthcoming - Everyone is friendly - Not too stressful - Open communication between leadership and lower level employees

Cons

- Company direction at times was unclear - Groups within organization operated separately. Didn't seem like there was a lot of alignment between the groups.

Leadnomics2016-05-05
  5. "Really smart dev team and fun company to work for!"

Software Engineer in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Leadnomics

Pros

Every day walking through the doors at Leadnomics there was something new, exciting, and innovative brewing. With free food, drinks, and beer I couldn't have picked a better place to work. I was able to share my careers goals at Leadnomics with my manager, allowing us both to achieve them. As a dev I got the chance to see my ideas play into action and have time work on my own ideas that I thought would be beneficial to help the business grow. Very people centric, customer and employee first type management and leadership. Would highly recommend to anyone looking for a great career path.

Cons

Come prepared with loaded nerf gun.

Leadnomics2016-02-08
  6. "Marketing Intern"

4.0
    Digital Marketing Intern in New Haven, CT

I worked at Leadnomics for more than a year

Pros

Very open office with great communication between employees. Seems to be quite fast-paced and teaches you lots of skills on the job. Also unlimited snacks.

Cons

Can't think of too much

Leadnomics2015-12-02

"Design Engineer Perspective"

Current Employee - Design Engineer in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Leadnomics full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Freedom to create your own path if you choose to. - Lots of projects all the time - Family & Friend like environment

Cons

- Can be stressful at times - Roles are not clearly defined in some cases, which can cause confusion on projects - Lead generation is not the most fulfilling industry

Leadnomics2015-07-15

Leadnomics Response

July 17, 2015Co-Founder

Many thanks for your review and your valid points about clarifying roles. With a company like ours, that can be particularly challenging, especially in tech/engineering positions, as projects and their priorities often shift. That being said it is something we need to double down and work harder on.

"Amazing opportunity for innovators, hard workers, and self-starters"

5.0

I have been working at Leadnomics full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've been working at Leadnomics for less than six months and am impressed. It's a fast-growing company that values its employees and believes good ideas can come from anywhere. It's really a collaborative, supportive environment. Monthly stakeholders meetings that give all staff a transparent look at the business are a welcome change from other places I've been. Everyone is made to feel appreciated for their work with regular shoutouts that can come from anywhere in the company thanks to a weekly submission process--you frequently find praise coming from someone who has admired your work at a bit of a distance which is very much appreciated! Benefits and perks are FANTASTIC.

Cons

It's a growing company with constant innovation. This is great for someone who sees opportunity out of a challenge; likes to be proactive; and is highly-organized, but could be a con for those who need more direction and guidance.

Leadnomics2015-07-14

"Fast-paced, fun environment"

5.0

I have been working at Leadnomics full-time

Pros

1. Great location and modern office space, very cool desks that offering standing/seated settings 2. Awesome benefit offerings 3. Competitive pay 4. Forward-thinking leadership 5. Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks - very nice to have!

Cons

Due to their proactive approach to gain feedback good/bad from employees I cannot site any specific cons.

Leadnomics2015-05-07

"Nimble company, great people, not for robots"

Former Employee - Principal Architect in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Leadnomics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Leadnomics is seriously agile. That's a big key to success in the technology+marketing space, and not only does the leadership understand the value in being able to beat the competition to new business opportunities, the technologies behind the Leadnomics platform were designed expressly to enable it. Don't mistake a nimble approach to new opportunities for a lack of direction; Leadnomics' ability to rapidly meet the needs of its customers *is* its direction. No matter what role you're in, no two days will be the same. If you're looking for a position where you can settle in and take a robotic approach to your work, Leadnomics is not for you. It's managed to maintain its startup vibe even after transitioning to a medium-sized business, and that's just as true for the open office space and perks like the fully stocked kitchen as it is for the day-to-day cycle of new ideas and changing customer needs. Leadnomics is home to some of the brightest folks I've had the pleasure of working with, from engineering on through business development, and employees are trusted to make their own decisions and collaborate with others without a lot of red tape. Coming from a big corporate environment, that was refreshing. The startup-y environment also means relaxed professionalism. There's not much of a dress code beyond "wear something", folks laugh a lot and play the occasional prank, you'll be made fun of purely out of friendship and jest (especially on the engineering team...). Again, Leadnomics is not for robots. If you don't consider this a 'pro', it's probably not a good fit. On the engineering side, the technologies being used are incredible and bleeding-edge. Expect to learn a lot in a very short time, and have the opportunity to go to area talks (or even speak at area talks) if you're passionate about it. And you should be! Transparency from leadership was also a plus. Seeing real numbers in meetings each month, good or bad, enabled employees to make better decisions and instills a lot of trust in them. Compensation, at least for engineering, trends at market values or higher. An earlier review said Leadnomics has a low salary cap for engineers, and that's patently ridiculous. I have serious doubts that the reviewer actually worked in an engineering role. Leadnomics takes care of their own and knows what they'd be worth elsewhere.

Cons

Communication between departments can always be better. During my time there, the lines between the teams and the lack of insight into each team's process became more like barriers as the process was streamlined to the point of not requiring as much person-to-person and team-to-team interaction. That was already improving by the time I left for my next opportunity, though. The environment can sometimes trend toward frat-like, with the focus of most company outings and events being on drinking. This may be a 'pro' to some, but for someone who doesn't drink, fitting in can be difficult.

Leadnomics2015-04-29

Leadnomics Response

May 4, 2015Co-Founder

Thanks for this review. We are proud of our technologies and the teams that have built them. And many thanks for pointing out the compensation positives and the need for individual independence. Regarding your advice to management, you bring up some very good points. At Leadnomics, we have really tried to step up our game to foster better interdepartmental communications. This is being done through a variety of measures, not the least of which is better representation by all departments in strategic planning and better cross-functional roles that tie tech teams, for example, with marketing, sales and business intelligence. Also, we have recently launched a 3rd party anonymous digital suggestion box that will help individuals communicate concerns if they feel uncomfortable expressing their concerns outright. Regarding people leaving the company, we have recently begun sending out email communication to the entire staff when someone leaves the company for any reason, taking some of the mystery away from the process.

Found 17 reviews