Leaf Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 291 reviews

4.4
Leaf Group CEO Sean Moriarty
Sean Moriarty
Pros
  • "Not sure how things are in the rebranded Leaf Group, but Demand Media was the best company culture I've experienced(in 28 reviews)

• "I wrote a couple of articles for Cracked(in 27 reviews)

Cons
  • "Opportunities for new articles seem to have dried up(in 29 reviews)

• "writers lower ratings to take more lucrative assignments(in 20 reviews)

1. "software engineer"

Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Leaf Group full-time

Pros

awesome place to work with great perks

Cons

none that i can think of

Leaf Group2019-04-10

"Great for those who want to be better"

I have been working at Leaf Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

The leadership is very smart. There are few companies doing what we do. The people here really know a lot about what they do in all different areas and it's great to have conversations with people from so many different backgrounds. The benefits are second to none. Leadership really cares here. They want people to be better and grow. You will work hard here and, if you're like me, you like to keep busy.

Cons

There are some people here who need to figure out if they want to work hard and grow with the company. I wish some people here took more initiative to be curious about the business and the goals. There are some here who are content with not growing and you can see those around them trying to inspire them as much as possible.

Advice to Management

Keep being ambitious and striving for innovation.

Leaf Group2019-01-17

March 12, 2019Director, Talent Acquisition and Corporate Communications

We thank you so much for taking the time to provide your feedback. We appreciate your contribution to making this company the best we can make it!

"Great people"

Former Employee - Editor in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Leaf Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great community of people who truly let you own your task. Flexible hours as long as you prove yourself in terms of getting sh*t done. Constant motion of new projects, executives are very transparent and open to sharing business goals or roadblocks. Really good employee benefits.

Cons

Not many cons. There are a lot of opportunities but it's up to the employee to speak up and really take charge of what they want in terms of career growth; I will say that promotions and salary increases seem to take a long time.

Leaf Group2019-01-16

January 16, 2019Director, Talent Acquisition and Corporate Communications

We so appreciate you taking the time to give your feedback on your time with us. We work very hard to ensure our employees have the tools and resources to succeed. We definitely believe in empowering our employees to take charge in their career growth. Thank you again.

• "Solid place to work"

I worked at Leaf Group full-time

Pros

Leaf Group has a really nice work environment. It is usually quiet enough to concentrate, there are free snacks and coffee everywhere, and people are friendly there. I was thoroughly trained on my job and my direct manager was great. I never felt too overwhelmed, and there is a lot of respect amongst people. You're never talked down to there. One of the best aspects of LG is the unlimited vacation time. They also offer...

Cons

There is not a lot of collaboration between teams. Layoffs came unexpectedly. There is no overarching motive like, "We're making the world a better place." It's simply corporate. You're there to make money for the company. Some upper team managers never introduce themselves, which feels strange when you're working for them. The pay is on the low side as well.

Advice to Management

Introduce yourselves to your new team members and have events where people on different teams can get to know each other. Millennials want feel-good messaging, so work on that. Give them a reason to come to work every day other than just making money for the company. Increase your pay, because Los Angeles is expensive. Hire more women to be in upper managerial roles.

Leaf Group2018-12-06

December 18, 2018People Team

Thank you so much for taking the team to review your time here. Acknowledging our friendly team, the ability to train and grow, and our benefits among other aspects of our company means a lot. Everyday we work hard to make our company the best it can be, this includes being competitive ...

"You'll get treated well"

Current Employee - Data Scientist in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Leaf Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone is extremely helpful and easy to get along with. Work doesn't feel like work and Leaf genuinely cares about you. Company culture is very nice here.

Cons

Maybe have some events to get to know people outside of your team.

Advice to Management

Good job everybody. Everybody makes this experience enjoyable.

Leaf Group2018-11-12

November 13, 2018Director, Talent Acquisition and Corporate Communications

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your time with us so far. We value our teams and believe they are key to a successful company. We will also look into doing more to have people meet those outside of their teams aside from Thirsty Thursday and the Free Lunch Fridays.

"Leaf Group is a Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Leaf Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

I truly enjoy working at Leaf Group! We have a fantastic culture, smart, engaged, collaborative teams and lots of transparency. Not to mention the modern and open workspace with beautiful artwork throughout.

Cons

Not that I can think of.

Leaf Group2018-11-12

November 12, 2018Director, Talent Acquisition and Corporate Communications

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your time with us. We definitely appreciate our teams who are invested in making the company the kind of place they want to thrive in. Being surrounded by the art from artists on our platforms is a huge bonus for the headquarters.

"You won't beLeaf how awesome and amazing Leaf Group is"

Current Employee - Data Scientist in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Leaf Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing staff, everyone is super friendly and accommodating. They really care about you and your experience working at Leaf Group

Cons

I wish they could bring the dog policy back

Leaf Group2018-11-14

November 15, 2018Director, Talent Acquisition and Corporate Communications

BeLeaf is awesome! We definitely care about our teams at Leaf Group and we're happy that this view is apparent. Thank you for your review.

"Great People, Great Brands"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Leaf Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Leaf Group's start-up style means there is a lot of opportunity to seek out new responsibilities to challenge yourself and grow in your career. Leadership expects every employee to work hard and deliver results and the team mentality makes for great collaboration. It's a fantastic environment that breeds great work from its employees and teams.

Cons

Employees get out of the job what they put in. The harder you work, the more you accomplish and the greater the reward.

Leaf Group2018-11-06

November 6, 2018Director, Talent Acquisition and Corporate Communications

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your thoughts on working at Leaf Group. It's important to us that we give our employees the room to grow, be active in their own development, and work hard for results.

"An Amazing Place to Work"

I have been working at Leaf Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

-The People: Leaf Group is full of engaging employees who are supportive of their fellow co-workers. -The Leaders: Management at Leaf is responsive to their employee's concerns and forward thinking as oppose to being reactive. You instantly get the feeling as if they actually care about their employees. And when the leaders of your organization have those characteristics, the same feeling is disseminated throughout...

Cons

None. I have been in a number of different work environments for various organizations in different fields, and I have never felt as if I was a part of a better group.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

Leaf Group2018-10-26

October 26, 2018Director, Talent Acquisition and Corporate Communications

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. We are so happy that your first year is going so well. We pride ourselves on having a curious work environment and having employees who are invested in the success of the company.

"Few years now and planning to stay longer"

I have been working at Leaf Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Within my time here so far, coworkers have been very supportive and they contributed greatly to my growth and development. It's been helpful getting to know other employees and learning more about their teams and positions across the company.

Cons

It can be busier than usual at times so you definitely have to self-manage and prioritize well.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your people

Leaf Group2018-10-26

October 26, 2018Director, Talent Acquisition and Corporate Communications

Thank you so much for your valuable feedback. We definitely advocate learning about all of the different roles with each of our brands as knowledge sharing helps employees grow. Self-managing and prioritizing are very helpful pieces of advice. We would also like to add having constant ...

Found 291 reviews