Leapforce Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Daren Jackson

Pros
Cons
  • 6 month contracts at a time so there's a lack of job security plus there's no benefits, bonuses, or vacation time (in 16 reviews)

• Work available sometimes on unsustainable schedules (few people are awake to work at 3am (in 16 reviews)

1. "Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Leapforce as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work when you want.
    Great support network.

Cons

Work may not be available all the time.

2. "Fair company, not for everyone"

I have been working at Leapforce as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

work from home
    decent pay
    flexible schedule

Cons

not a ton of contact with management

3. "Still hanging on"

Current Contractor - Web Search Evaluator
    Current Contractor - Web Search Evaluator

I have been working at Leapforce as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Work at home, truly set your own hours/work whenever, don't have to talk to humans or sell anything, pay above average

Cons

Very confusing tasks, easy to get restricted for quality even after you've studied attended all training online -- assessments almost seem random sometimes

Advice to Management

Need a better evaluation system, but I know this is the client's fault/problem, not yours

"Ads Rater"

Pros

Flexible Schedule
    Work from Home
    Work as many or as few hours as you want

Cons

Sometimes work availability is limited
    Monthly review stress

Advice to Management

Use a larger sample size of work to do testing. Small batch samples of 10 items or so, with 3 misses = failure is ridiculous.

6. "Great Opportunity"

Current Contractor - Search Engine Evaluator in Somerset, KY
    Current Contractor - Search Engine Evaluator in Somerset, KY

I have been working at Leapforce as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

- Flexible schedules. I'm able to sit down for 10 minutes or 10 hours at a time if I want.
    - No travel time or expenses.
    - Can stay home with my kid and easily work around caring for her.
    - More than minimum wage which is great for the area I live in.
    - Lots of friendly people available in chat to help.
    - Can take whole days or weeks off if needed without informing anyone as long as I'm completing my minimum monthly goals.

Cons

- 6 month contracts at a time so there's a lack of job security plus there's no benefits, bonuses, or vacation time
    - Training isn't paid
    - Restrictions are given for poor work which means you would be limited in hours for days to months at a time.
    - There's a steep learning curve to learn the content and get unrestricted so you won't start out with full time hours.
    - Occasionally work will be unavailable for a period of time. So far in 7 months since being unrestricted, I've been able to get 40 hours every week that I've wanted to get 40.
    - Paid monthly
    - Little room to move up in the company

Advice to Management

Less harsh restrictions would be great. One bad review can limit someone's ability to bring home a decent paycheck that month which hurts those who do the job full time. Giving a warning would be better.

"Good Work At Home Opportunity If You Can Handle It"

Current Contractor - Search Engine Evaluator

I have been working at Leapforce as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

--100% flexible hours at home.(My favorite part.)
    --You don't have to really deal with people.
    --Much of the work is easy.
    --For a flexible at home job, the pay is good.
    --A lot of training material to reference.

Cons

--Pay is not really hourly. It's paid by how long tasks are "supposed" to take to complete. So the longer you take to finish a task, the less your hourly rate is technically.
    --There are many different kinds of tasks, and you have to learn how to do each which takes some time that you can't charge for.
    --Sometimes tasks run out and you can't do any work.

Advice to Management

Some tasks take much longer than their average estimated time to complete. More time should be paid for those. Otherwise, I feel like I have to rush through it.

"This isn't for everyone"

I have been working at Leapforce as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Make your own hours, wages are high compared to other online jobs, sense that you are actually helping Google make adjustments to search results. Get to see some new features and products before they hit release. Can't say a whole lot because all contractors are under an NDA. This is a real job and you do get paid. Most of the people that never hear back are in states that they don't hire in (there are quite a few) or can't quite grasp how hard the exams are to get into the program in the first place. If you can't dedicate 20 hours to study and fully grasp the information, then you don't even need to waste your time applying.

Cons

The work can be tedious at times. You also need a degree to work here. There are monthly quality reviews and if you don't keep up with all the changes that happen over time, you are going to end up with a bad review and end up with a quality lock. This might restrict your daily time on the clock to anywhere from 2 hours to 30 minutes until you can get a review that passes standards. Don't expect much in the way of bonuses or raises. what you see is what you get.

Advice to Management

There is a very concerted effort to improve rater's work, and this is really appreciated. The reviews are always followed by a live chat session where issues are addressed and the feedback really helps with getting quality reviews. Thank you for all the feedback we get now. I when I started we didn't get anything like we get now. Keep up the good work!

"Website Checker"

I worked at Leapforce part-time

Pros

Easy work you do at your own pace in your spare time

Cons

Can on occasion be told you did something wrong

Advice to Management

good job

"Independent Rating Agent"

Current Employee - Search Engine Evaluator
    Current Employee - Search Engine Evaluator

I have been working at Leapforce (More than 3 years)

Pros

Full control of work hours and schedule.
    Once you get the hand of the work, it's very low stress. You can multitask and balance the tedium with personal work fairly well.
    Nice community of co-workers and discussion online, quick to answer questions.

Cons

Can be fairly boring many days. Repetitive is the operative word, although the diversity of content usually keeps a passable level of interest.
    Unclear and changing expectations can occasionally make things frustrating at review time, especially early on.
    Very little direct communication with management and very unclear process for position advancement.
    Easy money, but not good money.
    No pay for required training.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent about promotion criteria and provide more accessible work incentives to make people more engaged, otherwise I imagine a lot of minimal effort is being applied. Institute some kind of paid training or increased feedback regarding work accuracy, and be more engaged with the workforce.

"Search engine evaluator"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Leapforce as a contractor

Pros

Work from home. Very flexible

Cons

Contract position. Wish it were longer