Leapforce Reviews | Glassdoor

Leapforce Reviews

Updated July 18, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work from home, set your own hours (in 129 reviews)

• Good pay for the often times tedious work (in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • No benefits, no paid training, no paid vacation (in 17 reviews)

• Work available sometimes on unsustainable schedules (few people are awake to work at 3am (in 16 reviews)

"Revie"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Flexible hours but limited amount

Cons

Strict quality on the work you do

Advice to Management

None

"Great work-from-home opportunity"

Current Employee - Search Engine Evaluator in Davenport, IA
    Current Employee - Search Engine Evaluator in Davenport, IA

I have been working at Leapforce part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay, offers chat room to ask questions and talk with other evaluators, work anytime you want, get achievements posted to your profile

Cons

Long process before you're able to sign a contract, a TON of studying to do, the exam takes a really long time. Training isn't paid. You put in a lot of hours studying, and don't get paid for it.

Advice to Management

Offer pay for training.

"Great Work from Home job"

Former Employee - Search Engine Evaluator in Tallahassee, FL
    Former Employee - Search Engine Evaluator in Tallahassee, FL

Pros

Flexible Schedule, great pay, work from home

Cons

Communication is not great. No pay for training

Advice to Management

Increase communication with raters. Develop better rater evaluations.

"Search Engine Evaluator"

Former Employee - Search Engine Evaluator in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Search Engine Evaluator in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Leapforce (More than a year)

Pros

Pay, Feedback, Interesting, Flexible schedule and Work from home

Cons

Lack of consistent hours on a weekly basis. Monthly pay

"Decent pay but no benefits - Contract Work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington, KY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington, KY

Pros

-Work at home
    -Work any time you want as long as there is work available
    -Decent effort at making sure their constantly changing requirements are understood for doing the job

Cons

-You aren't an employee, so you can't use them as a reference. You aren't afforded any employee protections and you have to keep track of and pay your own self-employment taxes.
    -Work isn't always consistent. There may be weeks where only a couple of hours of work are available each day.
    -You can lose your 'job' at any point if you don't meet the minimum quality expected.

Advice to Management

Start hiring people as employees, not contractors.

"Search engine evaluation"

Current Employee - Search Engine Evaluator in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Search Engine Evaluator in Knoxville, TN

Pros

This is a work at home position. The hours are very flexible as you can work anytime that work is available.

Cons

The guidelines change constantly. You are not paid to learn the changes, and they are many and frequent. Monthly reviews can be stressful!

"Web Search Evaluator"

Former Employee - Evaluator in Jacksonville, NC
    Former Employee - Evaluator in Jacksonville, NC

I worked at Leapforce (More than a year)

Pros

I loved the flexibility in contracting for Leapforce! Any hour of the day I could log in and work. This is perfect for a mother like me. Sure, my kids are older, but with ours being a military family, I am often the only parent home and I choose to be home with them as much as I can. After getting the kids on the bus, it's off to work for me. It is so convenient to just walk a few steps to my home office. I was able to take breaks as I needed, lunch at home, do some laundry on the side, and if/when my kids needed me during the day, I was available to come take care of them.
    I contracted at the base pay for 2 years without advancement opportunities so I cannot speak to that.

Cons

The algorithms changed frequently for the client and as they changed, the guidelines for the evaluators changed. Sometimes those changes were huge, almost like a whole new job. It took several hours over many days to truly grasp how to implement the changes in how we evaluated and then rated the results. Even the admin was ambiguous when it was asked of them to explain the new formats and guidelines. My first quality review after the huge change was fantastic! In fact, it was PERFECT. I was very proud of my work. But then, Leapforce decided to scrap those reviews since so few of us raters did well. That was not a good move. What does it mean when an employer throws out everyone's reviews when not everyone did poorly? It meant I was just another rater, all lumped together. Very discouraging.
    The weekly live chats explained about an hour's worth of work updates in 3 hours' time. Additionally, those live chats are UNPAID, and they still expect us to attend and even award virtual badges to contractors that are active the entire 3 hours.
    I had to take a leave of absence for 3 weeks due to our military move. I contacted admin and explained our situation, but never heard back. I did not expect any special treatment, but I did expect to be acknowledged and to receive a reply when I contacted management. During our move process I reached out to admin with and update and an estimated day that next week when I was going to be able to get back to work. Still did not receive a reply. That next day, on the day I stated I would be able to log back on, I was locked out having been terminated the day before.

Advice to Management

Virtual badges mean nothing. I cannot pay my bills with badges. This is not a game. While I enjoy the lighthearted conversations, please remember that we are educated people with families, mortgages, bills. Please pay your contractors for attending the live chats since there is valuable information disseminated at this time that is essential for best-quality work performance.

"This company has deceptive and flawed recording measures."

Former Employee - Web Search Evaluator in Grand Rapids, MI
    Former Employee - Web Search Evaluator in Grand Rapids, MI

Pros

Okay pay when there were tasks

Cons

I was wrongly terminated after I expressed concern that their time recording measurements were inaccurate and not functioning properly. First, they cut my hours and then when I pointed out that I had a one hour minimum contract per day, they terminated my employment.

Advice to Management

Fire your customer service and treat your workers like human beings not numbers.

"Search Engine Evaluator"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Good news is that you can work from home, work your own hours, and they pay on time.

Cons

You have to spend many many hours studying the guidelines and taking quizzes before even being offered a contract. None of that is paid. After you do get a contract you have to spend a lot of time (unpaid) keeping up with changing guidelines and rules. The hourly pay would be decent if you didn't have to spend so many hours doing simulations, learning new guidelines which can change weekly, and sticking to their timeline for tasks. If you spend 15 minutes on an 8 minute task, you only get paid for 8 minutes. In addition, the weekly chats are virtually useless, but you're expected to attend (and not get paid for it) anyway. It's a lot of work for not a lot of pay.

"Good company, but needs improvement"

Current Employee - Independent Agent in Vienna, VA
    Current Employee - Independent Agent in Vienna, VA

I have been working at Leapforce (More than a year)

Pros

Great flexible schedule and ability to gain as much as you want.

Cons

The performance feedback takes time and may determine your retention

Advice to Management

Allow negotiations and or more open feedback communication process between employee and company.