Leapforce 133 Reviews | Glassdoor

Leapforce Reviews

Updated February 9, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
Cons
  • 6 month contracts at a time so there's a lack of job security plus there's no benefits, bonuses, or vacation time (in 16 reviews)

• Work available sometimes on unsustainable schedules (few people are awake to work at 3am (in 16 reviews)

"Good while it lasted"

Former Employee - Quality Rater
    Former Employee - Quality Rater

Pros

1) Make your own hours
    2) Fair pay for the work required
    3) work completely from home
    4) direct deposit of cash, no gimmicks

Cons

Long application process
    no personal contact with company
    terminated contract without warning
    very menial work, could be mind numbing and long

Advice to Management

make regular contact with your employees

"Search engine evaluation"

Current Employee - Search Engine Evaluator in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Search Engine Evaluator in Knoxville, TN

Pros

This is a work at home position. The hours are very flexible as you can work anytime that work is available.

Cons

The guidelines change constantly. You are not paid to learn the changes, and they are many and frequent. Monthly reviews can be stressful!

3. "Leapforce is an excellent online company to work for!"

I have been working at Leapforce full-time

Pros

Work at home on your Computer is a definite plus! The hourly pay vs the work load is good! Overall I give the company a 5/5!

Cons

Everything is not going to be perfect no matter who you work for! I think most of you need to look at things with a much more positive attitude!

Advice to Management

You run an Excellent Company, keep it up!

"Great job for students"

Current Employee - Search Engine Evaluator
    Current Employee - Search Engine Evaluator

I have been working at Leapforce part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay is very competitive, work load is realistic, work whenever you want

Cons

pay is monthly, higher taxes, not very many hours, no room for advancement, 6 month contract

Advice to Management

implement a system to give longtime employees pay raises

6. "Positive experience so far"

Pros

Organized, efficient, got my the job

Cons

Can't think of anything right now.

"Web Search Evaluator"

Former Employee - Evaluator in Jacksonville, NC
    Former Employee - Evaluator in Jacksonville, NC

I worked at Leapforce (More than a year)

Pros

I loved the flexibility in contracting for Leapforce! Any hour of the day I could log in and work. This is perfect for a mother like me. Sure, my kids are older, but with ours being a military family, I am often the only parent home and I choose to be home with them as much as I can. After getting the kids on the bus, it's off to work for me. It is so convenient to just walk a few steps to my home office. I was able to take breaks as I needed, lunch at home, do some laundry on the side, and if/when my kids needed me during the day, I was available to come take care of them.
    I contracted at the base pay for 2 years without advancement opportunities so I cannot speak to that.

Cons

The algorithms changed frequently for the client and as they changed, the guidelines for the evaluators changed. Sometimes those changes were huge, almost like a whole new job. It took several hours over many days to truly grasp how to implement the changes in how we evaluated and then rated the results. Even the admin was ambiguous when it was asked of them to explain the new formats and guidelines. My first quality review after the huge change was fantastic! In fact, it was PERFECT. I was very proud of my work. But then, Leapforce decided to scrap those reviews since so few of us raters did well. That was not a good move. What does it mean when an employer throws out everyone's reviews when not everyone did poorly? It meant I was just another rater, all lumped together. Very discouraging.
    The weekly live chats explained about an hour's worth of work updates in 3 hours' time. Additionally, those live chats are UNPAID, and they still expect us to attend and even award virtual badges to contractors that are active the entire 3 hours.
    I had to take a leave of absence for 3 weeks due to our military move. I contacted admin and explained our situation, but never heard back. I did not expect any special treatment, but I did expect to be acknowledged and to receive a reply when I contacted management. During our move process I reached out to admin with and update and an estimated day that next week when I was going to be able to get back to work. Still did not receive a reply. That next day, on the day I stated I would be able to log back on, I was locked out having been terminated the day before.

Advice to Management

Virtual badges mean nothing. I cannot pay my bills with badges. This is not a game. While I enjoy the lighthearted conversations, please remember that we are educated people with families, mortgages, bills. Please pay your contractors for attending the live chats since there is valuable information disseminated at this time that is essential for best-quality work performance.

"Good Job"

Pros

Great job with flexible hours. Perfect for a student such as myself or anyone with a busy schedule for that matter.

Cons

As an employee of leapforce you are held to very strict quality standards and are required to keep up to date on reading materials.

"This company has deceptive and flawed recording measures."

Former Employee - Web Search Evaluator in Grand Rapids, MI
    Former Employee - Web Search Evaluator in Grand Rapids, MI

Pros

Okay pay when there were tasks

Cons

I was wrongly terminated after I expressed concern that their time recording measurements were inaccurate and not functioning properly. First, they cut my hours and then when I pointed out that I had a one hour minimum contract per day, they terminated my employment.

Advice to Management

Fire your customer service and treat your workers like human beings not numbers.

"Search Engine Evaluator"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Good news is that you can work from home, work your own hours, and they pay on time.

Cons

You have to spend many many hours studying the guidelines and taking quizzes before even being offered a contract. None of that is paid. After you do get a contract you have to spend a lot of time (unpaid) keeping up with changing guidelines and rules. The hourly pay would be decent if you didn't have to spend so many hours doing simulations, learning new guidelines which can change weekly, and sticking to their timeline for tasks. If you spend 15 minutes on an 8 minute task, you only get paid for 8 minutes. In addition, the weekly chats are virtually useless, but you're expected to attend (and not get paid for it) anyway. It's a lot of work for not a lot of pay.

"Thankful for the job - but confusing"

Pros

Pay is decent
    Work from home (get to stay close to the kids)
    No phones or worrying about noise

Cons

Takes a lot of studying to do good on the job

Advice to Management

Needs incentives because there really is a lot to learn and always changing