Learn and Play Montessori School Reviews

Updated Jan 11, 2021

4.3
Learn and Play Montessori School CEO Harpreet Grewal (no image)
Harpreet Grewal
0 Rating
  1. "Best School, Best Director Ms Yvonne just because of her hard work It is the best preschool in fremont"

Former Employee - Assistant Teacher in Fremont, CA

I worked at Learn and Play Montessori School full-time for less than a year

Pros

I really appreciate the time i worked in Learn and Play school ,Irvington campus a lot. Everything is well organized and nicely managed there.The director Ms Yvonne is very understanding and caring towards her staff. All my concerns were always taken care.I was always felt there like i am working with my family. The bonding between staff is very nice.A very friendly,happening and nurturing school i must say best school is Learn And Play Montessori(irvington ) In future also if i will be shifting back to fremont i would love to rejoin this school.

Cons

I have nothing to say.

2. "overall great"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant

I have been working at Learn and Play Montessori School full-time

Pros

good benefits embrace individual creativity coworkers are nice

Cons

unrealistic expectations from management sometimes communication sometimes off between staff/management

3. "good"

Former Employee - Head Teacher in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Learn and Play Montessori School full-time

Pros

clean, beautiful school, good working environment

Cons

It's not a pure AMI school

4. "Management"

Former Employee - Special Education Teacher in Fremont, CA

I worked at Learn and Play Montessori School full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good benefits, friendly boss and co workers

Cons

Management style needs improvement

5. "Great job!"

I have been working at Learn and Play Montessori School

Pros

Feels fulfilling to work with young kids

Cons

No downsides, pay is very low though

Continue reading
  6. "My Memorable LAPMS Work Story"

I have been working at Learn and Play Montessori School

Pros

I am delighted to share this beautiful and memorable Learn and Play Montessori School Work Story to all Glassdoor followers. Currently, I am the Curriculum Director of Learn and Play Montessori School at Niles, Fremont, CA. I did not even notice the months that passed by while working with young children in the Kindergarten classroom at the initial phase of my career in this beautiful school. After four months of successful work, I was appointed by Mr. Harpreet and Ms. Kiran to help in managing the school. With the guidance of these two wonderful people, the challenging work became an inspiration instead of an obstacle, and I have worked harmoniously with them for five years now. Here are the great reasons why I am a part of LAPMS Family: 1. Family and Connectedness: LAPMS is my second family. I consider my work as my second home because I spend more time at school with the children and their families, parents and friends, colleagues and advisors. We enjoy family picnics, events, and community involvement among staff members, parents, and with our great leaders at LAPMS: Mr. Harpreet and Ms. Kiran. Being in my second home, I can work happily and successfully each day. I love coming to work every day and it is very rare that I am absent because LAPMS is in my heart, a part of my life. 2. Work benefits: The school management takes care of its staff members with these great work benefits: PTO, Sick Leave, Health/Dental/Vision Plans and 401 K. My 401 K grows unknowingly; I was surprised I have savings in there! The school continuously works with the HR department in finding ways to add additional benefits yearly. 3. Wonderful Opportunities: Seminars and workshops are encouraged for staff development. Our teachers use our school site as the place for teaching and learning opportunities. We are a diverse school where I learn different cultures and values with many friends and colleagues. I encourage you to come and discover what LAPMS offers anyone who wants to join our growing LAPMS family. It is not easy to find a good employer out there, but LAPMS will take care of you and your family. Discover the great teaching and learning opportunities this great school has to offer!

Cons

I have been very happy working here at LAPMS, and I have yet to find anything to be dissatisfied about.

7. "Learn and Play Montessori Review"

Current Employee - Teacher in Fremont, CA

I have been working at Learn and Play Montessori School full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have been working at LAPM peralta for about 4 years now. It is one of the best companies i have worked at. it is well organizaed. Everyone works well with one another. It is a humble family oriented environment. I love working with my Boss, she is one very understandable person. She makes sure everyone is happy, and accomodates schedules and she wants the best for you. I love working with the reciptionist because what ever you need in the classroom she can get it done asap.

Cons

there is nothing negative about the center

Continue reading
  8. "Learn and Play Montessori School Management Review"

Current Employee - Director - Maple in Fremont, CA

I have been working at Learn and Play Montessori School full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been working at Learn and Play Montessori School, Maple location, for around a year and a half now. My experience has been a very good one. I am a person who is very particular about things. Being in the field of childhood education makes me a part of this village that bears responsibility to ensure that each child is raised to his or her full potential; a responsibility that one cannot take lightly. To make this happen one needs to work with a team that shares the vision and that is what I found in Learn and Play Montessori. Here are a few things that make this workplace stand out for me: 1. Children come first: It is all about the children. Be it curriculum, their safety, the food, the environment, everything is designed keeping the children and their development in mind. That to me is very important. Management leaves no stone unturned: Frequent visits, calling in safety inspectors, organizing training for Directors and Teachers just to name a few things. 2. Mutual Respect and Camaraderie: This is another aspect that speaks to me. There is mutual respect between every member of the team. We have 5 different locations, but they function as one. It feels like family…I stand corrected – It is a Family. Every director is ready to step in and help. It is an environment of a big collective working as one without any room for unhealthy competitiveness between centers. 3. Protocols and standards in place: All licensing protocols and standards are in place and adhered to. It doesn’t stop there, I find the management is always welcome and open to ideas to make this even better. 4. Giving back to the community: Ms.Kiran and Harpreet are very big on community, which is something close to my heart. Be it organizing food drives, adding a segment of teaching children about community, helping parents or children in need, the list can go on. 5. Empowered to work alone and as a part of the collective: Each director is empowered to bring in the best they have to offer to the school and its children. At the same time, directors are encouraged to work as a collective. 6. A Thankful Management: There is always a thoughtful personal touch that tells the employee that they are valued. I get calls and emails from the management just to say Thank you!! This kind of appreciative environment motivates one to do more. 7. Work ethics: I find this place to be run in a fair manner. 8. Flexibility: They offer employees flexible schedules, ensuring that employees can balance family and work. 9. Benefits: LAPMS management strives to make it better each year, adding to the benefit plans. The school offers: PTO, Sick Leave, Health/Dental/Vision plans and a 401K with school contribution as well. To summarize, it is a joy to work with a school that plays a big role in making this world a better place, one child at a time, with a management that is open-minded, respectful and continues to find ways to make it even better, a curriculum that stems from the children’ development in mind, and events that encourage the parents to be a part of their child’s journey here at school.

Cons

Not sure if this counts as a con but I wish there were more centers so that many more children can benefit from this program. But I know that opening many centers comes with the risk of the program becoming dilute. Ms.Kiran and Harpreet are very big on providing the absolute best without compromising on the quality of the program, so that might be the major reason for them not wanting to expand.

9. "Head Teacher"

Head Teacher in Fremont, CA

I have been working at Learn and Play Montessori School for more than 3 years

Pros

I currently work in Learn And Play Montessori school , Maple Location. I enjoy my work so much here because of so many reasons. First and foremost is because of their flexibility given to their Employees. It's like my second family. Staff is very caring and kind especially my Director Ms.Neetu who is always with us. She is very practical, sensible, realistic, responsible very balanced and most important very friendly. Ms.Hazel who works for the front desk is one my favorite staff as she is very Patient and very loving lady. You always feel like you are at home!

Cons

Can't think about anything so far!

10. "Learn and Play Montessori Peralta"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Fremont, CA

I have been working at Learn and Play Montessori School full-time for less than a year

Pros

I love working at LAPMS-Peralta. My experience here has been nothing but positive. I attribute this entire positive experience to my awesome boss, Ms. Kshama! She has been extremely understanding of any needs that have come up in regards to the job. Working around the children has been amazing as well. The entire atmosphere at LAPMS-Peralta is easy going and family oriented. Everyone is always willing to help, no matter the circumstance. Having a Director who is patient and willing to help with any little thing that may come up makes a difference. My experience has been excellent so far!

Cons

No cons. This is a great company.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 17 English Reviews